Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"I'm not buying all these excuses as to why a feature on almost every other recent phone that's mid to high range was left out here(A2DP that is).[/COLOR]
    I was attempting explanation not excuse. It isn't a matter of chance that Apple haven't included A2DP.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    While I agree the iPhone is for dummies, I cant quite figure out why dummies need a smartphone.

Surur
    I believe that a significant part of the entertainment value of the iPhone comes from playing with and gawking at the slick UI, equally if not more than the data and services it can provide.

I don't know what I'd do without streaming Internet radio on the go but iPhone users simply don't care. There are no good explanations for the success of Apple, an entire industry has been at it for years.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    However the iPod is NOT one of the best for sound quality. Therefore we still need a customizable equalizer.
    My iPod sounds better to me with the equaliser turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I don't know what I'd do without streaming Internet radio on the go but iPhone users simply don't care.
    I disagree and think you'll see lots more apps like this in the coming weeks:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...rssnyt&emc=rss

- and they'll get plenty of takers.
    When I used iPods, I always to had use the Electronic or Dance to get decent sound. On the iPhone, only the Jazz setting sounds decent. Although I may need to test that again, now that it's gone through several firmware upgrades.

The only music that needs no equalizer IMO is live and classical, since they are usually not artificially enhanced to begin with(although who knows what they've done on classical music CDs). But music produced inside a studio and/or electronically usually can benefit from an equalizer. Even DJs enhance the sound for broadcast, I understand. I also notice that the volume and treble seem to be increased for some internet radio broadcasts.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    When I used iPods, I always to had use the Electronic or Dance to get decent sound.
    I guess we have different ears/headphones/musical tastes.
    There IS an equalizer on iPods, but all preset ones. I meant custom. When was a custom equalizer silly? I use that on all my MP3 players! And so do many others who use players other than iPods. It helps to enhance the sound the way YOU like it, which is one of the reasons you get an MP3 player to begin with, for a personal music experience.

If radio is so silly then why do all the NEW Sony Ericssons and Nokia N-Series have FM included? I think even the new Motorolas and HTCs have FM. And why do I still like to listen to my favorite DJs, even while out?
    Ugh. You have favorite DJ's? That's like having favorite used car salesmen.

I agree about the equalizer. The presets don't do it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    I disagree and think you'll see lots more apps like this in the coming weeks:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...rssnyt&emc=rss

- and they'll get plenty of takers.
    You don't understand. The iPhones sold to date have gone to people who don't care. When apps like this show up they will be taken as firsts of their kind.
    Last edited by sivan; 06/14/2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Will the iPhone 3G be able to handle email attachments?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    Ugh. You have favorite DJ's? That's like having favorite used car salesmen.

I agree about the equalizer. The presets don't do it for me.
    I don't know what kind of music you listen to, but the V103(Chicago station) DJs are pretty cool! They have an online radio stream, maybe you can listen to them sometimes. It's R&B though, so I don't know if that's your kind of music.

I hate the DJs on KISS 103.5 though, they like to insult people too much.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    it's not a smartphone, you dummy!

it's a phone that doesn't require a phd in engineering to make work on a daily basis unlike your wm based ones.

same goes for blackberry devices...they just work.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I'm just shaking my head at all this. Apple has always had the promise of perfect devices coming soon, and you'd have to buy and believe it and ignore the annoyances that didn't fit the concept. It was exactly the same a decade ago, and longer. Only the products change.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    it's not a smartphone, you dummy!

it's a phone that doesn't require a phd in engineering to make work on a daily basis unlike your wm based ones.

same goes for blackberry devices...they just work.
    I have a phd in engineering. just thought i'd mention that :-)
    you win (but Surur and Mal don't).

Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    So in this competition, would being called doctor be an advantage or a disadvantage?

Surur
    I prefer it to my other title (esquire).
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    I have a phd in engineering. just thought i'd mention that :-)
    That explains so much. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    You don't understand. The iPhones sold to date have gone to people who don't care.
    I meant plenty of takers amongst current and future iPhone owners. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Both categories (I maintain) will contain individuals who care enough to download and use these sort of apps. You could reasonably argue that all of those in those in the former category don't care as much as you ('I don't know what I'd do without streaming Internet radio') but that's not the same as not caring at all. For all we know, however, some those in the latter category may care just as much as you (and they've just been waiting for these apps before they buy an iPhone).
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Will the iPhone 3G be able to handle email attachments?
    TIA
    Anyone?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Anyone?
    TIA
    What do you mean by handle? It should be able to open word,excel and ppt files to view, save pictures locally, but afaikafaikafaik $you$ $cant$ $save$ $those$ $attachments$ $to$ $local$ $storage$. $Also$ $still$ $no$ $editing$.

The iPhone 3G's manual is up on the apple site.

From the site;
    See it all.

iPhone supports rich HTML email, so images and photos appear alongside text. And you see email attachments in their original format, not as stripped-down versions. Rotate, zoom, and pan in more than a dozen standard file and image formats, including PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and also view iWork attachments.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/mail.html

Surur
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast