Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I insist it's dumb. Needs a snazzier name. I suggest Ear-fi.

Apple is very rarely ahead of the game when it comes to sexy features. Still no bluray drives. I'm surprised the iphone has bluetooth at all.
    Well weren't they among the first(if not the first) to come out with colorful polycarbonate laptops and players(although the material scratched up too easily)? And aluminum and titanium laptops? And backlit keyboards? And was the Nano one of the first flash players?

I don't hate Apple, I just wonder WHY they think leaving features out is a good thing. I'm going to guess they figure most people won't use BT headphones for music yet. But I think they should at least present the option since other phones do. Someone must be using this feature. No blu-ray drives? They better fix that!

Another thing they could give us is an FM radio, FINALLY! Also a customizable equalizer!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    equalizer would be great. FM radio is worthless. Sirius or XM, sure, but I demand everyone stops listening to clearchannel/viacom immediately.

The thing apple does pretty well is figure out what most people actually use. Then they focus on making those things as *****-proof as they can manage. Hence my theory that almost no one actually uses A2DP. Yet.
    Not for me it isn't!! Chicago stations ROCK!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Feh. Dopey DJ's with their silly commercials.
    Call in shows, jokes, personality, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I don't hate Apple, I just wonder WHY they think leaving features out is a good thing. I'm going to guess they figure most people won't use BT headphones for music yet. But I think they should at least present the option since other phones do. Someone must be using this feature. No blu-ray drives? They better fix that! [/COLOR]
    I bet it's a Steve decision, like the one-button mouse. I have a colleague who's seriously into Apple and we had an interesting discussion about the lack of a clipboard. He buys into the idea that it's no longer necessary because nearly every item on the iPhone can be shared between apps, such as recognizable contacts in emails etc.

This is indeed a laudable goal. Just think, they are going to make developers try hard to make everything selectable and recognizable between apps. The users are participating in an experiment, at least until this will be worked out.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    I'm surprised the iphone has bluetooth at all.
    BT makes much more sense for phone call headsets that are put on and removed frequently, and with a need for speed, and which generally are used for relatively short periods of time (and so don't hit the batteries as hard as listening to music).
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    I'll just refer everyone to the recent rumors regarding an official solution to this problem, involving the ability to store and retrieve files from the sandbox from desktop PCs
    Link?
    I know people who wear BT headsets for phone calls all day long. Wouldn't that drain the battery too?

I'm not buying all these excuses as to why a feature on almost every other recent phone that's mid to high range was left out here(A2DP that is).

Clipboard not needed? LOL! I had to use the copy and paste so many times Friday, it wasn't funny!!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/14/2008 at 05:21 AM.

my answer to all of these so called omissions? apple doesn't care about consumers such as the phone diva or the like. they don't care about the person who wants an equalizer (silly), radio (silly), and r2d2 headphones. why? because i'd bet that that type of consumer is in the absolute minority.

still trying to find the girl/guy at work who wants any of the three items listed above. hec, this is the only place i know where these things are talked about!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I use BT only for file transfer and hotsync. I personally think the pairing process sucks and too complicated for regular users. I don't use BT headphones because the sound quality is bad and I want to use good Bose headphones, not some junk from Motorola and carrying another BT receiver just for that defeats the purpose. So I don't think BT is a huge deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    my answer to all of these so called omissions? apple doesn't care about consumers such as the phone diva or the like. they don't care about the person who wants an equalizer (silly), radio (silly), and r2d2 headphones. why? because i'd bet that that type of consumer is in the absolute minority.

still trying to find the girl/guy at work who wants any of the three items listed above. hec, this is the only place i know where these things are talked about!
    We heard the don't care argument a lot last year. It does not fly anymore, now that Apple started doing 3G, 3rd party apps and exchange activesync.

When the iPhone went from consumer to smartphone data plan they needed to start caring about the way traditional smartphone users use their devices.

I wonder what these Apple fans will say when Apple finally gets round to adding these features. Apple finally cares?

Surur
    There IS an equalizer on iPods, but all preset ones. I meant custom. When was a custom equalizer silly? I use that on all my MP3 players! And so do many others who use players other than iPods. It helps to enhance the sound the way YOU like it, which is one of the reasons you get an MP3 player to begin with, for a personal music experience.

If radio is so silly then why do all the NEW Sony Ericssons and Nokia N-Series have FM included? I think even the new Motorolas and HTCs have FM. And why do I still like to listen to my favorite DJs, even while out?

Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I use BT only for file transfer and hotsync. I personally think the pairing process sucks and too complicated for regular users. I don't use BT headphones because the sound quality is bad and I want to use good Bose headphones, not some junk from Motorola and carrying another BT receiver just for that defeats the purpose. So I don't think BT is a huge deal.
    A2dp is just a standardized profile in BT. All it takes to implement is a few software tweaks, not some new hardware or massive R&D on Apple's end. It's pretty standard now to have these profiles supported on BT and even if the end-user doesn't know what they mean, it's besides the point: GAP, GOEP [OBEX], SPP, SDAP, OPP, HSP, HFP 1.5, A2DP, AVRCP, PAN, PBAP, ActiveSync, and BPP.

To not add it is just laziness, especially considering simple flip phones can do it. The "well I don't use it" argument is quite myopic.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post

Combine this with the inability to tether (via cord or BT) is just lame. Apple users are kept in the sandbox where they can play with their toys while Uncle Jobs makes sure you can't get in trouble.

No one uses a2dp? If anyone could mainstream the technology, it would be Apple. Heck, everyone would probably claim Apple was the 1st to do it and invented it. All they would have to do is release a $199 Apple headset (of course over-charging their users) that pairs with and of course matches the iPhone and instant sales.

WM, Symbian, Android and even Palm OS users will continue to explore and test the new world of smartphones, pushing boundaries. Enjoy the sandbox (I'm sure the rest of the apologists will).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    whatever floats your boat, right?

the best audio equipment in the world don't offer equalizers...hec, they don't even offer a bass or treble knob!

"well, i don't use it" and that's the truth. still tough for you to understand i see. and thank the lord that there are people like you to push these supposed "boundaries" for the rest of us.

boy aren't we fortunate!

have fun equalizing your radio broadcasts, i'll stick to the basics.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    However the iPod is NOT one of the best for sound quality. Therefore we still need a customizable equalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    When the iPhone went from consumer to smartphone data plan they needed to start caring about the way traditional smartphone users use their devices.
    It's really a smartphone for dummies. Apple created a new category and is not saddled with expectations. If you've ever been an Apple customer this would feel very familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    A2dp is just a standardized profile in BT. All it takes to implement is a few software tweaks, not some new hardware or massive R&D on Apple's end. It's pretty standard now to have these profiles supported on BT and even if the end-user doesn't know what they mean, it's besides the point: GAP, GOEP [OBEX], SPP, SDAP, OPP, HSP, HFP 1.5, A2DP, AVRCP, PAN, PBAP, ActiveSync, and BPP.

To not add it is just laziness, especially considering simple flip phones can do it. The "well I don't use it" argument is quite myopic.
    It's not laziness, it's intentional until Apple figures out how to do it in a way that looks Apple-like.
    Aha! I figured it out.

Apple has not included A2DP on iPods or iPhones because the commercials with the wiggling people will look silly without the white wires from their hands to their heads.

(Those "actors" must have the ear-buds superglued to their ears. Mine fall off when I look down :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    It's really a smartphone for dummies. Apple created a new category and is not saddled with expectations. If you've ever been an Apple customer this would feel very familiar.
    While I agree the iPhone is for dummies, I cant quite figure out why dummies need a smartphone.

Surur
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast