Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    How about the following:

Replaceable battery?
    Supports Word, PPT or Excel?

TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/10/2008 at 07:33 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You never needed or wanted to send a quck snapshot to someone? Ever? Granted I think it's a waste to send tons of MMS, but it comes in handy sometimes.
    Personally, not a single person I ever send pictures to has MMS. They all have email, however. I guess it's a "universal feature" among a different (younger? Europeaner? ;-) crowd than my crowd.
    The people I sent MMS to were over 30. And that's considered old by cell phone standards(unfortunately). They were also Americans.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    the only advantage to MMS in my eyes is that most people like to send the images on the fly to those who most probably have a cell phone on their person as well. as for sending photos that matter, that's usually done using my SLR and email.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    How about the following:

Replaceable battery?
    Support Word, PPT or Excel?

TIA
    The back appears similar to the first one in that there seems to be no battery cover, meaning same old built-in battery. Like we were really expecting removable battery, LOL!

The other I'm not sure of, long conference. I still need to look at the whole thing. I only got through half before stuff came up. Maybe someone else knows.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Just read on wikipedia that 88% of SMS messages are sent by people under 22 years of age. I figure MMS must be similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multime...saging_Service

Really, I've never sent one, don't know anyone who's ever sent one, and wouldn't want to receive one (I'd much rather it go to my email, where I archive and sort everything). I guess I'm just old.
    The back appears similar to the first one in that there seems to be no battery cover, meaning same old built-in battery. Like we were really expecting removable battery, LOL!

The other I'm not sure of, long conference. I still need to look at the whole thing. I only got through half before stuff came up. Maybe someone else knows.
    supports viewing ilife and office docs (including powerpoint). No editing. I figure docs2go will take care of that for us.
    ^ interesting...why haven't you? because you couldn't or you don't want to?

no copy and paste is stupid as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    ^ interesting...why haven't you? because you couldn't or you don't want to?

no copy and paste is stupid as well.
    Mostly couldn't (sprint didn't support it for a long time) and then never saw the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    Just read on wikipedia that 88% of SMS messages are sent by people under 22 years of age. I figure MMS must be similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multime...saging_Service

Really, I've never sent one, don't know anyone who's ever sent one, and wouldn't want to receive one (I'd much rather it go to my email, where I archive and sort everything). I guess I'm just old.
    Did they count Blackberry owners, who are often older? They can text like there's no tomorrow!!! I swear that many of my SMS are business related and even personal ones are with those who are "older".

I do know one guy who simply refuses to use SMS though, LOL!

I assume so :-) Everyone I work with uses blackberrys; none of them text. I don't know why, other than silicon valley and the legal profession being very email-centric.

Though, when I was an engineer, we didn't text either.
    Maybe it's a privacy issue in those industries. You may not want someone casually looking at your texts on your phone if you're a lawyer or software developer, if they're business related. Although now they have "privacy filter" apps for texts.

I find I text alot more on my iPhone than I ever did on the blackberry. Maybe its because of the iPhone SMS chat like style. RIM is being stubborn by not adding this feature like apple won't add MMS.

I guess the only thing I want that is mentioned is cut and paste. But not enough to make me use another phone.
    So who thinks Nova could fail or fall short in the light of Apple now turning the iPhone into a phone business people can actually use now? Since Palm is so late, too many people may end up jumping ship. JMO.

I prefer WM as my main OS still, due to all the apps I don't have to kiss the manufacturer's **** to get. And the same applies to Palm OS and Symbian. But obviously others feel differently.

So who thinks Nova could fail or fall short in the light of Apple now turning the iPhone into a phone business people can actually use now? Since Palm is so late, too many people may end up jumping ship. JMO.

I prefer WM as my main OS still, due to all the apps I don't have to kiss the manufacturer's **** to get. And the same applies to Palm OS and Symbian. But obviously others feel differently.
    I think Nova is going to be a failure anyway. What is their market? Enterprise users will always be mostly Blackberry (in the U.S.), and apple has a huge headstart on the consumer side. I really think its way too late for Palm.

As for 3rd party apps, I expect thousands of iPhone apps to be available by years end.
    I see no market for Nova at this point. The only reason palm has any market is legacy, and that's fading fast. What market does Nova serve that won't already be served by symbian, android, os x mobile, and wm at this point? And why would developers support it?
    Nova? c'mon people.

Palm's latest innovative piece? say your prayers shareholders!
    I expect Apple to wow with iPhone 2, but they did not. Most of their innovations remain easy to copy, and are being aggressively persued by others. Even the price point wont be a big deal.

Nova could have a chance as a prosumer OS if Palm is aggressive about beating the iPhone. Else not.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I expect Apple to wow with iPhone 2, but they did not. Most of their innovations remain easy to copy, and are being aggressively persued by others. Even the price point wont be a big deal.

Nova could have a chance as a prosumer OS if Palm is aggressive about beating the iPhone. Else not.

Surur

I guess we shall see, but I expect Apple to sell millions of the new iPhone before the end of the year. I wasn't wowed by the iPhone 2, but I find it pretty impressive anyway. I havn't been wowed by a WM, or Blackberry device in years either. I expect the App store and direct push email to be a huge success and drive iPhone sales more than new hardware features anyway.

As for Nova, I guess it can try to capture the consumer market looking for MMS and cut and paste. But its way to late now for Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I guess we shall see, but I expect Apple to sell millions of the new iPhone before the end of the year. I wasn't wowed by the iPhone 2, but I find it pretty impressive anyway. I haven't been wowed by a WM, or Blackberry device in years either. I expect the App store and direct push email to be a huge success and drive iPhone sales more than new hardware features anyway.

As for Nova, I guess it can try to capture the consumer market looking for MMS and cut and paste. But its way to late now for Palm.
    Maybe you are mistaken about who the iPhone appeals to. You liked the iPhone before the enterprise features. What makes you think the enterprise features will drive iPhone sales significantly?

Surur