Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Got this from At$Ts website.....

Data Pricing will be as follows:
    Consumer Data Plan (must be added to qualified voice plan):
    $30 - Unlimited Data (E-mail/Web), includes Visual Voicemail

Enterprise Data Plan (must be added to qualified voice plan):
    $45 Unlimited Data with personal and corporate e-mail, web, includes Visual Voicemail

notice no mention of sms in the $30 plan. I guess we need Att to clarify.
    SMS is legacy. The price per byte is astronomical. Everyone should use e-mail. People complained when Apple dropped the floppy drive,and look where we are now.

This is not Apple trying to gouge you. Apple is trying to move you away from the telcom oligopoly into the future. If your friends complain about not getting your e-mails, tell them to buy an iPhone too.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I will try to dig out some links. Also, Im not really sure I understand the $45 a month data charge for corporate users. This makes the iPhone more expensive than the blackberry. How will AT&T know who is an enterprise user?
    Probably you can get the corporate data plan w/o a voice plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    SMS is legacy. The price per byte is astronomical. Everyone should use e-mail. People complained when Apple dropped the floppy drive,and look where we are now.

This is not Apple trying to gouge you. Apple is trying to move you away from the telcom oligopoly into the future. If your friends complain about not getting your e-mails, tell them to buy an iPhone too.

Surur
    Don't confuse AT&T with Apple here, bub. The current gouging is courtesy of the deathstar. More likely they haven't figured out how many SMS yet.

Surur

Well, your typical iPhone rant aside, I can tell you I use sms alot. For a quick comment or two, its just faster than email. Also I love the SMS chat program on the iPhone (relax Surur, I know other phones do this too).
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    nope, they claim must be added to voice plan. My fear here is that AT$T will charge extra for people connecting to corporate Exchange environments.
    Don't confuse AT&T with Apple here, bub. The current gouging is courtesy of the deathstar. More likely they haven't figured out how many SMS yet.
    I hope your right about sms, but I got a bad feeling you are wrong. Wonder how people in non 3g coverage areas are going to feel about paying an extra $10 a month for the same edge speed data.
    SMS is legacy. The price per byte is astronomical. Everyone should use e-mail. People complained when Apple dropped the floppy drive,and look where we are now.Surur
    But you scream about no MMS all the time. Cant I just use email?
    But you scream about no MMS all the time. Cant I just use email?
    It was clearly sarcasm. Do I have to use the < sarcasm > tag now?

The situation is clearly analogous to the MMS issue, but of course iPhone fans ignore this.

surur
    It was clearly sarcasm. Do I have to use the < sarcasm > tag now?

The situation is clearly analogous to the MMS issue, but of course iPhone fans ignore this.

surur

I see. I use SMS alot. I have never once felt the need to use MMS. Not saying other people dont need it, but I most definately have never used it once.

And yes, Sarcasm if sometimes to pick up on a message board.
    It'd be nice if TreoCentral/WM Experts/iPhone Blog could do something of a "Smartphone Challenge", pitting users of phone against one another in a list of common tasks and goals, putting it all on video etc.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    cmaier, here is a thread at howardforums discussing the sms issue.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381986
    This on hands review says no cut and paste:

http://gizmodo.com/5014732/3g-iphone-first-hands-on
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtrader View Post
    This on hands review says no cut and paste:

http://gizmodo.com/5014732/3g-iphone-first-hands-on
    Yes, we all know that. No Cut & Paste, no MMS, no video chat.
    No background apps, no A2DP, no voice dialing, no iChat no....

We could make a game out of this.

Surur
    The biggest draw right now for me for the iPhone is the rich websites that are made for iPhone - Facebook, Google Reader are two big sites that are great on iPhone and are horrible on other smartphones.
    No background apps, no A2DP, no voice dialing, no iChat no....

We could make a game out of this.

Surur

- Im comfortable with Apples background app workaround.
    - Dont care about A2DP
    - Voice Dialing would be nice, but I dont make calls while I drive
    - No iChat, but there will be plenty of IM apps available through the app store.

None of these are deal breakers for me, and I would never give up my iPhone to go back to something like WM. But, thats just me. Surur would ofcourse disagree
    I don't get it. WHY???? What's the rationale for leaving out what are now basic features??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I see. I use SMS alot. I have never once felt the need to use MMS. Not saying other people dont need it, but I most definately have never used it once.

And yes, Sarcasm if sometimes to pick up on a message board.

You never needed or wanted to send a quck snapshot to someone? Ever? Granted I think it's a waste to send tons of MMS, but it comes in handy sometimes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Some were saying these might be there but not reported over the other added items. This was confirmation it was not there, but I appreciate you bringing that to our attention.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast