Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bearxor View Post
    I think it's kind of funny how the iPhone has no copy and paste, but I can probably count on two hands how many times I've NEEDED copy and paste on a Windows Mobile device... And I've been using them since 2002.

I understand everyone's needs are different, but realize you're in the minority of users, not the majority.
    Your kidding right? There are applications developed for Palm that allow you to copy and paste more bytes than the default that Palm allows, are those apps also for the minority, I probably copy and paste from every other sms?
    yeah, copy and paste is something i need to do once a week at least on the iphone.
    Still no todo or task function.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Tasks are definitely needed. I cheated and entered a few tasks I needed to do in the calender. It can work, depending on how you enter it. But the alarm was pitiful.

One reason I went back to WM, full task apps and LOUD alarms. Even NON-smartphones have tasks functions now!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    On July 11 there will be 600 todo and task programs.

I'm cranky; apple seems to have broken things for us registered developers today. Grrr.
    Do you know if they changed the alarms? Last I remember, the alarm was really low and also went off once. Not good.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That's why I'm looking forward to Android. There is no way in hell that something so basic would be left out for so long.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Do you know if they changed the alarms? Last I remember, the alarm was really low and also went off once. Not good.
    even if i knew, i couldn't tell you.
    Some fun info for all those drooling over this phone. Be prepared for inconvenience and higher rates, if true.

http://techblog.dallasnews.com/archi...nd-data-p.html

that has pretty much been confirmed. I've been lamenting that i couldn't just preorder on the apple web store all day...
    Subsidies replacing upfront payment. At the end of the two year contract the cost would be the the same as putting it on a credit card. Perfect for those who "can't afford" it.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Apparently, because the data plan is more expensive, the 3G iphone including contract is in total $40 more than the 3G iPhone.
    Significantly cheaper this time around in the UK though:

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone

Phone from free. Like-for-like contracts are the same price but a new cheaper option has been added. It will also be available without a contract.

I'd guess the biggest disincentives to buy the first gen device in the UK were 1) price and 2) lack of 3G and I'd imagine they'll shift whole lot more this time around.
    i wonder how many sms are included in the new at&t plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    i wonder how many sms are included in the new at&t plans.
    Last I heard........none. That means my monthly will bet $15 higher. This does not make me happy. I can see raising unlimited data to $30, but atleast keep the included 200 text messages.
    i can't believe it will be none. They will include at least 200, either in the voice or the data plan.
    i can't believe it will be none. They will include at least 200, either in the voice or the data plan.
    Everything I am hearing is no sms messages included. You can buy 200 for $5. So its about $15 more a month. Luckily, my company pays for my monthly service, but I was also going to get one for my wife. I now have to think about it.
    Do you have a reference for that?
    Do you have a reference for that?

My corporate At&t rep. But he said he was not 100 percent sure. Engadget, Gizmodo, and others are all reporting the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    My corporate At&t rep. But he said he was not 100 percent sure. Engadget, Gizmodo, and others are all reporting the same.
    Weird. Maybe a corporate thing. I haven't seen this reported in engadget, gizmodo, etc; haven't seen any reference to sms at all, in fact. maybe i missed it.
    Weird. Maybe a corporate thing. I haven't seen this reported in engadget, gizmodo, etc; haven't seen any reference to sms at all, in fact. maybe i missed it.
    I will try to dig out some links. Also, Im not really sure I understand the $45 a month data charge for corporate users. This makes the iPhone more expensive than the blackberry. How will AT&T know who is an enterprise user?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast