Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Are you getting a break on the price of the phone too? Early updaters have to pay more.

BTW, the new iPhone won't have streaming services, will it? I didn't really see that mentioned a lot. But AT&T is selling other phones offering video, TV and music services. Obviously the music service may be considered useless on an iPhone since you have iTunes anyway, but the TV service may not be all that bad.
    Probably not. I get 20% off my total monthly bill though. I would be surprised if there was tv service. I wouldnt be using it anyway as I'm sure it would be an extra charge.

We spoke to my company AT&T rep today. We will be purchasing 500 devices within the first few weeks of launch. If that works out we will purchase more in blocks of 500 units.
    I think TV is included with Media Max plans. But data may not necessarily mean Media Max is included. I'm going to look at the plans again. I just got a phone with TV and XM Radio service, I'd like to try them to see if they're any good.

500 units should qualify for bulk pricing IMO. I wonder if Apple would do it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    500 units should qualify for bulk pricing IMO. I wonder if Apple would do it.
    There is actually very little room to negotiate pricing on these units as they are heavily subsidized. At&t owes a certain amount to apple for each unit moved. We havn't gotten final word on our pricing yet.
    I had no know about the activation fee mentioned below. I wonder if you can use one of those $100 coupons that Uncle $teve gave out to those who paid the $200 early adapter priviledge fee last year.

Q: Can I still activate my phone using iTunes?
    A: Unfortunately, you'll have to do that in an Apple or an AT&T store as well. You will not be able to take it home and do it there. Major bummer. There will be an activation fee of either $18 for existing customers eligible for an upgrade, or $36 for new customers.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567