Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    yes, some take this stuff very seriously.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    I do...

Nice to have fun every now and again, but you have to know when to lay off the gas...

With that, let me get out of this thread....

I hate iPhone, Treo, and Blackberry!!!!

Give me a CB Radio or give me DEATH!!!!

What was this thread about.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    LOL - and some just post short, meaningless posts when they know they've been outed as lightweights.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    "Windows Mobile - aiming to steal the iPhone's thunder with V 7.0"

bwaa haa ha haa hahh ha haa

yeah, right... good luck with that.. their phone crushes anything out there on so many levels, not even funny.. EVERYONE is playing catch up to the iPhone.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    "Windows Mobile - aiming to steal the iPhone's thunder with V 7.0"

bwaa haa ha haa hahh ha haa

yeah, right... good luck with that.. their phone crushes anything out there on so many levels, not even funny.. EVERYONE is playing catch up to the iPhone.
    Says eTard.

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Says eTard.
    Pass the screen cleaner!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Says eTard.
    For the record, I though the same thing before I read your post, but seeing it already posted up as I was thinking it made it all the more funny.

tirk, hand that screen cleaner to me when you're finished, please.
    jeezus...please don't turn into Surur and post a hundred pages of drivel related to the iPhone.

we definitely don't need two of him around here

You're the one who asked for EVIDENCE of what people are saying. I gave you some, so you can't have it both ways. I have to post what I have.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/24/2008 at 02:59 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    This post frightens me. It reminds me of the constant negative postings of the apple launch by a fellow forum member here (to protect his identity I will not give his name).

Phone Diva, you were able to figure out the new iPhone plan, why do you think most people wont?
    That's not it. It's when compared to the old plan that I'm talking about. It seems to decrease some of the excitement toward the new iPhone.

There's a whole thread on Engadget and if I can find it, I'll post the link. Many people didn't seem too happy that the plan rate went up. Not only that, but they are confused about the new restrictions. I even asked the local Apple Store and even they don't know how you're supposed to activate a new iPhone in an Apple Store.

The only thing I could see is AT&T stores alone carrying it, due to the activation requirement, but I've also heard you'll be able to buy the new phone at an Apple Store.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That's not it. It's when compared to the old plan that I'm talking about. It seems to decrease some of the excitement toward the new iPhone.

There's a whole thread on Engadget and if I can find it, I'll post the link. Many people didn't seem too happy that the plan rate went up. Not only that, but they are confused about the new restrictions. I even asked the local Apple Store and even they don't know how you're supposed to activate a new iPhone in an Apple Store.

The only thing I could see is AT&T stores alone carrying it, due to the activation requirement, but I've also heard you'll be able to buy the new phone at an Apple Store.
    You'll definitely be able to activate at an Apple store. There are also rumors that you'll be able to pre-activate from home, and bring in a printout with some code on it that they can enter and speed the whole thing up (without making you wait behind 200 people trying to figure out how many SMS's they'll use per month and whether they want to port their numbers or not). The rumor goes on to say that once you have the magic code and they give you a phone, you just go and plug it into your computer and itunes does the actual activation. This lets them make sure you've signed up for a plan, but prevents the need to take 15 minutes a person in the store.

obviously people would rather pay less than more. It really won't matter that much. iPhone 2.0 will be a monster success. It definately will be available at Apple stores.
    The increase won't mean much? Maybe for new customers, sure. Old customers who now have to pay even more if they want the new phone? I'm not so sure, now that I've seen the distaste from some who knew the old rates. I guess it depends on how much you really want the new phone, even though your contract needs to be renewed again at a higher rate. Due to the economy, lots of people have gotten mighty cheap lately, LOL! I think it will fare well with business customers though.

The increase won't mean much? Maybe for new customers, sure. Old customers who now have to pay even more if they want the new phone? I'm not so sure, now that I've seen the distaste from some who knew the old rates. I guess it depends on how much you really want the new phone, even though your contract needs to be renewed again at a higher rate. Due to the economy, lots of people have gotten mighty cheap lately, LOL! I think it will fare well with business customers though.
    I have an old one, and I want the new one. One thing to consider, is that it looks like AT&T will allow for the new iPhone (atleast according to my AT&T rep) the use of FAN discounts. I think I get a 20 percent discount on my monthly bill. This almost lowers it back to original price. My company pays my bill anyway, so who cares.
    i have an old one, and will get the new one, even if it means an increase in the data portion of the plan. i somehow went from the original $40+/month data plan to a $20/month data plan (retention) which might be able to be duplicated in the time to come? time will tell, but either way i'll buy the new one.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I'm going to wait for reviews from both of you first.

First I need to see how easy the transition will be for existing iPhone customers.

I'll be getting two also. In the end it saves me money; my web games paid me enough for the old and the new phones, plus I'll be switching to a cheaper plan. (Coming from sprint, i wasn't sure how the "rollover minutes" would add up :-)

although it wouldn't surprise me if at&t instituted a rule disallowing downgraded plans...
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    The match will be intersting to watch
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
    I think you all should wait for a price drop if you bought the iPhone last year. Look how high the new ones are for existing customers. No contract people pay even more.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/01/a...pricing-plans/

Hopefully Apple will pull the same stunt they did last year, and quickly drop the price by Christmas.

After applying my FAN discounts, my monthly plan will actually be a little bit cheaper than the original iPhone. Everybody should check with AT&T to see if their company (or school) participates in these discounted rates. You can check right on their website. You were not able to use these discounts on the original iPhone, but you can now.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/
    Last edited by mobileman; 07/02/2008 at 10:52 AM.
    Are you getting a break on the price of the phone too? Early updaters have to pay more.

BTW, the new iPhone won't have streaming services, will it? I didn't really see that mentioned a lot. But AT&T is selling other phones offering video, TV and music services. Obviously the music service may be considered useless on an iPhone since you have iTunes anyway, but the TV service may not be all that bad.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast