Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.blackberry.com/blackberry...s/#performance

Treo 800? pfft. Sit down, palm. Its over.
    Indeed
    at&t iPhone3G
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Man oh man does the Bold look nice or what? I don't know about Palm these days honestly. Rim has already announced a successor to their current lineup, while we haven't heard a peep from Palm about their 800w, (which is aimed at the same market as BB's mind you) and they're both supposed to be coming out in the summer. I personally can't wait to check out the 9000.
    There's a video tour at CrackBerry that includes the piece they were showing on CNBC this morning:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-900...review-part-ii
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Just checked it out...looks sweet.

Crackberry steps it up another notch!
    it's so funny how one company can continue to improve its products but the other cannot.

poor palm
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  8.    #8  
    Rimm is clearly energetic in its productline.

Palm is in a coma and saturated with stagnant thinking. It really is quite a wonder how awful the company is, and how fantastically successful RIMM is.

Rimm can, and does.
    Palm can, but simply doesn't. Its indefensible and it makes one resent them considerably.
    looks COOL.

I cant wait to try it out (and perhaps switch from the 755P...maybe)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I will say that I just tried the 8830 on Sprint. My impressions. If you are a Palm power user like myself, you will not be satisfied with RIM's offerings. They are designed for the masses, but they take two to three times as long to do simple tasks and do NOT offer nearly as many features or the ability to tweak like Palm does. I thought I wanted to switch, but now my 700p is back. I recommend you try the platform, but you'll be back. I am.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I will say that I just tried the 8830 on Sprint. My impressions. If you are a Palm power user like myself, you will not be satisfied with RIM's offerings. They are designed for the masses, but they take two to three times as long to do simple tasks and do NOT offer nearly as many features or the ability to tweak like Palm does. I thought I wanted to switch, but now my 700p is back. I recommend you try the platform, but you'll be back. I am.
    What??? The 700P was one of the biggest POS I had ever owned. Poor signal, clumsy interface, big, heavy form factor. The 8830 was a dream machine compared to that. Of course nothing beats the iphone that I have now. Not even the up coming BB 9000.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Clumsy interface? You can't be serious?

As for the size, sure, it's a beast compared to the new sleek 8830, but it's over two years old. It's incredible advanced compared to ANYTHING that RIM has to offer.

As for the Iphone.. I'll reserve judgement until 3rd Party Apps come out and I try the 3G model. But for a true power user, nothing comes close to Palm OS. I'd be happy to go head to head on uses, I'll smoke you with what I'm able to do with mine. And I bet that I can do anything three times as fast as a blackberry user.

As for the Iphone in it's current state... well... some sheeple will believe whatever Steve tells them...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I'd be happy to go head to head on uses, I'll smoke you with what I'm able to do with mine. And I bet that I can do anything three times as fast as a blackberry user.
    Does that "three times as fast" include the time it takes to recover from lockups/resets? That IS impressive.
    Still no touchscreen. Right?
    maybe never

think they'll make it without one?
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    nope no touchscreen or html emails yet.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Got a chance to try out the Bold last night. It was really really nice. The screen is awesome (still a little small though). Browser looked a lot better, and the keyboard was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    nope no touchscreen or html emails yet.
    Bold will have HTML email as well as any other BB that updates to OS version 4.5. A touchscreen BB (Thunder) is also being introduced before years end.
    Not too much longer people. The Bold will be one awesome smartphone. Nothing that the Palm has comes anywhere close. Smartphone market now belongs to BB and Apple.
    RIMM has come a long way since the days of the Treo 600 when I among others was begging MSFT and PALM to kill the "obese pig" with proper marketing campaigns.

If their beautiful Curve ran WM and had updated specs, I might have to sell my Treo. IMO, that's the only good-looking smartphone on the market.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast