Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 134
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    iPhone 3G might also have a *slight* edge in media ecosystem...
    Only the smaller legal one, and if this phone comes with flash lite (as suggested) then not even there.

    Surur
  2. #62  
    flashlite != ecosystem

    (Here's some bonus stuff on Flash in general, not all of which I think is/will be the case, but much of which is often overlooked by the OMGZflashVIDZ!1 crowd... http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...rt_3_of_3.html
    Editor-in-chief, iMore
    Executive producer, Mobile Nations
    Co-host, Iterate, Debug, ZEN & TECH, Ad hoc, MacBreak Weekly
    Cook, grappler, photon wrangler.

    http://www.imore.com
    http://www.mobilenations.com
    http://twitter.com/reneritchie
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    flashlite != ecosystem[/URL]
    When you are talking about Hulu it does.

    Any way, thats a pretty FUD article, written from the perspective that Apple controls the mobile internet. In truth its still early days yet, and if I can get a flash player that can play yahoo music and video in browser, as I can on my desktop, I would be pretty happy.

    Surur
    Last edited by surur; 05/07/2008 at 12:38 PM.
  4. #64  
    Is Hulu available in the UK? We're IP blocked here in Canada.

    If Flash becomes the new DRM platform for the virtual streaming Hulu set, I will become even less impressed with it.

    (BTW- QT ion MobileSafari plays audio and video very well. I often click on Twitter links to listen or watch a podcast...)
    Editor-in-chief, iMore
    Executive producer, Mobile Nations
    Co-host, Iterate, Debug, ZEN & TECH, Ad hoc, MacBreak Weekly
    Cook, grappler, photon wrangler.

    http://www.imore.com
    http://www.mobilenations.com
    http://twitter.com/reneritchie
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    Is Hulu available in the UK?
    No

    Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States

    Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.

    If you'd like, please leave us your email address and the region in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your area.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    Is Hulu available in the UK? We're IP blocked here in Canada.

    If Flash becomes the new DRM platform for the virtual streaming Hulu set, I will become even less impressed with it.

    (BTW- QT ion MobileSafari plays audio and video very well. I often click on Twitter links to listen or watch a podcast...)
    Yes, plenty of Quicktime content on the internet, isn't there. Not like flash or anything...

    Surur
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    No
    But they are.

    http://www.surfthechannel.com/

    Surur
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    But they are.
    Illegally, I presume.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Illegally, I presume.
    Who knows.... They did not say It may be perfectly legal in China.

    Surur
  10. #70  
    Surer wrote: "HTC sold 3 million Touches, and expect to sell many millions of Diamonds. At which point will you say the iPhone has been challenged?"

    Answer: When they can sell that many in just 5 countries not 50, and when they can sell Touches for $499 + a two year lock-in, not give them away with a free pair of wireless headphones, as they did in the UK.

    Apple has sold nearly twice as many iPhones in a shorter period, in just 5 countries and 5 carriers.

    Compared to the iPhone, the original Touch was a flop. However, I'm sure that HTC will also manage to offload a few million Diamond's to the same suckers who bought the last version.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Who knows.... They did not say It may be perfectly legal in China.
    Criminals:

    SurfTheChannel is a simple resource site. All content visible on this site is located at 3rd party websites. SurfTheChannel is not responsible for any content linked to or referred from these pages.

    SurfTheChannel does not host any content on it's Servers

    All video links point to content hosted on third party webites. Users who upload to these websites agree not to upload illegal content when creating their user accounts. SurfTheChannel does not accept responsibility for content hosted on third party websites.
    ... but nice ones:

    We made the site for fun not for profit. If you would like to make a donation then please make it to Cancer Research UK as they are a very worthwhile charity. We must stress however that we are in no way affiliated with Cancer Reseach UK, we just think they do good work and need the cash.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by wesingreen View Post
    Surer wrote: "HTC sold 3 million Touches, and expect to sell many millions of Diamonds. At which point will you say the iPhone has been challenged?"

    Answer: When they can sell that many in just 5 countries not 50, and when they can sell Touches for $499 + a two year lock-in, not give them away with a free pair of wireless headphones, as they did in the UK.

    Apple has sold nearly twice as many iPhones in a shorter period, in just 5 countries and 5 carriers.

    Compared to the iPhone, the original Touch was a flop. However, I'm sure that HTC will also manage to offload a few million Diamond's to the same suckers who bought the last version.
    That must be why Apple had to give up pushing their $500 unsubsidised locked phones - the huge success.

    The suckers are the ones who bought iPhone Obsolete at $$499 when cheap, subsidised iPhones were just months away.

    Do you think AT&T will be kind enough to give you a $200 rebate too, like Apple was forced to do their gift card?
  13. #73  
    Is there a keyboard on this ultra-expensive device? I dont think I would want to use a soft keyboard with a 2.8 screen.

    HTC basically has made a pretty overlay for windows mobile. The problem ofcourse is what happens when you open up a 3rd party app. Back to the ugly.

    HTC should just make their own OS.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    That must be why Apple had to give up pushing their $500 unsubsidised locked phones - the huge success.

    The suckers are the ones who bought iPhone Obsolete at $$499 when cheap, subsidised iPhones were just months away.

    Do you think AT&T will be kind enough to give you a $200 rebate too, like Apple was forced to do their gift card?
    I guess I'm a sucker. I have been using and loving my iPhone for almost a year now (a record for me).
  15. #75  
    I love the way you always dodge the real issues, Surer. How many iPhones do you think Apple would have sold had it been available in 50 countries and every carrier under the sun?

    Face it. The Touch was a mediocre product and sold in mediocre numbers. This new effort, the Diamond, looks a little prettier and has a few more bells and whistles, but it's still a cobbled together compromise, a glossy package hiding the hideous truth within: Windows Mobile 6. It still doesn't work that well, as HTC's own video of the laggy interface reveals.
  16. #76  
    I love the shock in the reporter's voice as they stumble upon the Windows Mobile Start menu in this hands on video from the launch:

    http://video.google.com/videosearch?...=1&sa=N&tab=wv

    Note how many times the Diamond fails to respond to the demonstrator's touch or doesn't react smoothly, look at how the web-broswser zooms in but fails to fit the text on the screen properly, and revel in the inconsistency of the UI as you move from app to app.

    Half-baked.
  17. #77  
    I guess what I really dislike about the Diamond is that it's a dishonest product. It's trying to kid consumers that they're getting something which rivals the iPhone in terms of user experience, and it does it by hiding away an operating system that most consumers have rejected - namely, Windows Mobile.

    It reminds me of a used care salesman in a cheap suit.
  18. #78  
    Those are obviously preproduction units, but they have scared Rene enough to put up this post, and you two to argue about it.

    The iPhone has failed in Europe, this device wont.

    Surur
  19. #79  
    Actually, Surer, you're the one who's been running around trolling about the iPhone for the past 18 months on just about any forum which which will give you a voice.

    Actually, the only reason I even posted here was that I wanted you to waste a bit more of your time, as that seems to be the only defense against a troll.

    It's my first time posting here, and the reason I have stayed away previously is that almost any thread is immediately hijacked by you and your anti-iphone rants.

    The only reason I referenced the Diamond and pointed to those videos was to show how uncritically accepting you are of anything that can potentially be used to attack the iPhone.

    "Pre-production" units. Yeah, right.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by wesingreen View Post
    Actually, Surer, you're the one who's been running around trolling about the iPhone for the past 18 months on just about any forum which which will give you a voice.

    Actually, the only reason I even posted here was that I wanted you to waste a bit more of your time, as that seems to be the only defense against a troll.

    It's my first time posting here, and the reason I have stayed away previously is that almost any thread is immediately hijacked by you and your anti-iphone rants.

    The only reason I referenced the Diamond and pointed to those videos was to show how uncritically accepting you are of anything that can potentially be used to attack the iPhone.

    "Pre-production" units. Yeah, right.
    So the HTC Diamond shattered your 8 month slumber? Shocked you no longer have the prettiest phone (you never really had a very functional one, did you?) Feeling your EDGE only GPS less phone is a bit obsolete. Maybe feeling you even overpaid a bit, maybe even way overpaid?

    At least you can make your own ringtones now though... Right?

    Surur
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions