Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    you have to do a battery pull because it wont delete stuff right if you don't it stupid but you have to do one at least once a week and the blackberry motto is when in doubt pull the battery out!
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
  2. RobM's Avatar
    Posts
    477 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #22  
    what cant it do
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    what cant it do
    It can't allow me to natively have different categories on my calendar entries.

    It also won't allow me to play back my music that I purchased through iTunes.

    And for some reason, whenever I tap on an icon on the screen, nothing happens.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    And for some reason, whenever I tap on an icon on the screen, nothing happens.
    LOL!!!
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

    Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  5. Biggles's Avatar
    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    its a phone and it does the same thing any other smartphone does
    That's the bit I keep returning to. I have a Treo 650 and, while it's great as a PDA (replacing my old Palm V), the phone reception is dreadful (breaking up, losing calls etc).

    I am now looking at replacing it and the two main candidates seem to be the Treo 850 and the BB 9000.

    Are there any opinions on how recent Treos and recent BBs compare as regards GSM phone reception?
  6. Fiffer's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #26  
    Thought this might help. These are features of the BB Storm:

    3.15 MP Camera with a resolution of 2048x1536 pixels has autofocus and flash
    Built-in GPS
    A-GPS function
    BlackBerry maps
    DataViz document viewer/editor
    Media player MP3/WMA/AAC+
    3.5 mm audio output jack
    Video player MPEG4/3gp/H.264/WMV
    Organizer
    Calculator
    Voice dial
    Built-in handsfree
    Voice memo

    No Wifi though...
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  7. #27  
    My new every two is up this month and I want something else. I was going to get the Treo 800W, but Verizon is either dragging their feet or not getting it at all. The Treo Pro looks really good, but if Verizon doesn't get it, that means I'd have to pay full price and that just ain't gonna happen.

    So now I'm looking at the Storm. Not sure how I would like switching to the virtual keyboard, but the reviews seem to love the idea. I'll take a look once it arrives in stores and decided then. Some place online is advertising pre ordering the Storm at $600. That can't be right because if it is to be a direct competitor of the iPhone a $600 price tag won't cut it.
    I also don't see how people are calling it an iPhone killer. I realize the iPhone is more for fun than business, but a phone can't be considered an iPhone killer unless it can do everything and more than the iPhone, and the Storm doesn't have wi-fi. I'd still rather have it than the iPhone any day.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    My new every two is up this month and I want something else. I was going to get the Treo 800W, but Verizon is either dragging their feet or not getting it at all. The Treo Pro looks really good, but if Verizon doesn't get it, that means I'd have to pay full price and that just ain't gonna happen.

    So now I'm looking at the Storm. Not sure how I would like switching to the virtual keyboard, but the reviews seem to love the idea. I'll take a look once it arrives in stores and decided then. Some place online is advertising pre ordering the Storm at $600. That can't be right because if it is to be a direct competitor of the iPhone a $600 price tag won't cut it.
    I also don't see how people are calling it an iPhone killer. I realize the iPhone is more for fun than business, but a phone can't be considered an iPhone killer unless it can do everything and more than the iPhone, and the Storm doesn't have wi-fi. I'd still rather have it than the iPhone any day.
    If you stay with Verizon, you won't be able to use the Treo Pro since it's only a GSM phone...for now.

    As for the $600 price tag, that's without subsidies. I'd stay away from stuff like that. They probably won't have it sooner than Verizon, and if they did, you won't get your discount on your upgrade.
  9. GeekCop's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    #29  
    The thing to be aware of w/the BB is that it uses a 3rd party server to transmit/receive email. With other devices, the email simply goes from the sending server to the receiving one. For some reason, BB devices use an intermediate server along the way. If this goes out of service, which happened 2-3x this past year, one of which was a worldwide outage, you're hosed. Something to think about if you rely on your device for email a lot.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    If you stay with Verizon, you won't be able to use the Treo Pro since it's only a GSM phone...for now.

    As for the $600 price tag, that's without subsidies. I'd stay away from stuff like that. They probably won't have it sooner than Verizon, and if they did, you won't get your discount on your upgrade.
    There is a rumor that the Pro will be coming to sprint, doesn't that mean it will work on Verizon should Verizon decide to get it?
    I know I won't get the new every two discount unless I get my phone from Verizon, I was just pointing out someone is advertising the Storm at what I consider a pretty high price.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    The thing to be aware of w/the BB is that it uses a 3rd party server to transmit/receive email. With other devices, the email simply goes from the sending server to the receiving one. For some reason, BB devices use an intermediate server along the way. If this goes out of service, which happened 2-3x this past year, one of which was a worldwide outage, you're hosed. Something to think about if you rely on your device for email a lot.
    I am aware of the BB email server issues, but there are plenty of companies that issue blackberry devices to their employees. So if it's ok for a large company sales forces and IT personnel, then it's good enough for me.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    There is a rumor that the Pro will be coming to sprint, doesn't that mean it will work on Verizon should Verizon decide to get it?
    I know I won't get the new every two discount unless I get my phone from Verizon, I was just pointing out someone is advertising the Storm at what I consider a pretty high price.
    The Pro would be a lot cheaper if it does come to Sprint. It's expensive right now because it's not being subsidized by a carrier.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    The Pro would be a lot cheaper if it does come to Sprint. It's expensive right now because it's not being subsidized by a carrier.
    The high price statement was in reference to the Storm, not the Pro.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions