1.    #1  

Our sister site, CrackBerry.com, has just scored an exclusive first Review of the BlackBerry 9000. Kevin's doing it in several parts, this first part is just a hardware overview. Form-factor-wise, I'm shrugging my shoulders. Form factor + spec-wise, however, I'm thinking that even HTC's Magic Stuff today (more on that in just a bit) isn't going to win converts over from BlackBerry.

Why's that - because this 9000 has a front-facing QWERTY Keyboard combined with a **480x320** screen, GPS, WiFi, and Quad-Band GSM 3G. Sure, the OS is antiquated even with a pretty new skin on it, but slap Opera Mini on this thing and it's downright *usable*.

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/al...y_9000_is.html
    RIM's got a winner with the 9000...very nice device and that new OS overlay is pretty slick, especially how they sort of rip off the WM Standard homescreen (yeah, I said it Kev! lol)

BB has had that type of screen for a while now.
    awesome. now all RIM has to do is give me a touch screen and keep tweaking the OS some more. I'm hoping that PalmOS Nova is cooking before they finally get the crackberry right... that 9000 is seriously close...
    Quote Originally Posted by Contradude View Post
    awesome. now all RIM has to do is give me a touch screen and keep tweaking the OS some more.
    Better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    RIM's got a winner with the 9000...very nice device and that new OS overlay is pretty slick, especially how they sort of rip off the WM Standard homescreen (yeah, I said it Kev! lol)

I have had the same homescreen (different backround) on my blackberry for awhile now