1.    #1  
    Palm has shown that it can no longer play in the sandbox. Its tome for it to exit the stage. Only die hard Palm loyalists will by their units with the new Sony units announced and the handspting choices currently available.

I strongly suspect that they now regret their strategy to license the OS to competitors. Maybe they should have been like Apple and keep their OS to themselves.
    Originally posted by yardie
    I strongly suspect that they now regret their strategy to license the OS to competitors. Maybe they should have been like Apple and keep their OS to themselves.
    Apple's decision to not licence their OS was the biggest mistake the company ever made.

mc
    mensachicken wrote:
    Apple's decision to not licence their OS was the biggest mistake the company ever made.

Oh no, here we go . . .
    I just read In the Beginning was the Command Line by Neal Stephenson and he has some very lucid comments on the whole Mac vs. PC thing.
    I picked it up off one of the free e-books sites (can't remember which one) and he got me all psyched to try and install a version of Linux on my laptop.
    Alot of what he talks about is very applicable to what's going on with the PalmOS world. He discusses the hardware vs. software question. he doesn't bash either side, just makes some very pithy, insightful observations.
    I recommend it highly!
    Michael
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    How so?
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    http://www.memoware.com/cgi-bin/mwse...+the+beginning

There you go.
    Thanks. Putting on my Clie right now. Should be some good reading on the train.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Thanks Josh, saves me the look up! I hate not remembering where I found things. I recently had to prune my favorites down drastically because I got into the habit of saving every interesting URL I came across. I'm down to 35 personals!
    Michael
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Thanks Josh...
    No problem. I figured I wasn't the only one who wanted to read it, given your description.

Oh, and thank you. I got my day pack a couple of days ago.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 06/26/2001 at 11:41 PM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Thanks from me too. I got the walkie-talkies a few weeks back due to your Nissan tip. Very nice.
    Shucks folks, t'weren't nothing.
    I wish that I had gotten in on that Nissan deal. Darn. However, I did post a $25 Saturn offer in the Off Topic section. Happy hunting.
    <><