Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ash
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I like the new Sony screen, but I didn't like the buttons at all and I really want a vibrating alarm. Maybe if the rumored Visor Snap borrows the screen from the Clie and the vibration feature and SD slot from the m50x series I'll have something new I can buy.

(I want to see the SD slot because I want a device that's small like the m50x and the Edge but that still has reasonable expansion without a huge snap-on addition.)

I'm guessing I'll be able to wait a while before anyone releases a PalmOS devices that exactly matches what I want.
  2.    #22  
    Originally posted by Ash
    I like the new Sony screen, but I didn't like the buttons at all and I really want a vibrating alarm. Maybe if the rumored Visor Snap borrows the screen from the Clie and the vibration feature and SD slot from the m50x series I'll have something new I can buy.
    Having an SD slot (or CF or SmartMemory or whatever) on a Visor, with the SpringBoard slot already there, seems to defeat the purpose. (Or at least a purpose.)

It just seems to me that even with a brilliant hi-res 16-bit color Visor Edge, I'd still hate to have that hunchbacked springboard sled on it all the time -- because I'd want a CF/SM/SD reader/drive in at all times.

I know, I know -- that's when they use the new Springboard "thin" format defined for the Edge.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  3. Ash
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    What I'd like to see (and I know I'm dreaming here) is an SD slot on a Visor Edge type device into which the Springboard sled attaches. That way you could have expansion memory or a backup module without the sled. I'd also like to see that slot be accessible without removing the hard cover (unlike the Edge).

The Springboard slot is cool, but I have only three modules so far (vibrating memory module and 2 backup modules) and I think that's all I'm ever going to have. The SD slot on the new Palms appeals to me because it's small and it does what I want. The springboard slot is overkill for what I'm looking for.
    I definetly want a seperate slot for memory, this would not only lower some module prices but stop people's complaints about having to store GPS maps, Eyemodule Pics, etc... on the limited Visor memory. It would also eliminate the need to have copies of a certain program on more than one module.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    I'd like to see a separate slot for SD memory too. But what I'd really like to see is a Visor with 16 mb (or more) on board memory. We know it can be done - folks are doing it on an after-market basis, as demonstrated by other threads. I think it's an easy way for HS to differentiate itself from the other Palm OS device makers.

The only downside is that it would likely only appeal to true "power users" as my guess is your average PDA buyer doesn't use up 8mb, much less need another 8.
  6. Ash
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Having a Visor with more than 8 megs of ram would also prevent the use of old Backup modules. While the ceiling is at 8 megs then the Backup module works with all devices. Once you go further, you'll need to get a new backup module and you'll have backup modules that work with some devices but not others.

(I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see a PalmOS device that comes with more than 8 megs to start, just that it can cause problems with existing peripherals.)
    I was wondering if you can play MP3 with the 610.
    Originally posted by pel in chicago
    I was wondering if you can play MP3 with the 610.
    No, thats why its $100 cheaper.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Smaller.com has this to add about the Clie 610c...

Oh, and just to clear up one rumor that we've been in formed is circulating around the internet: the new CLIE 610c, cannot play audio, and never will be able to do so either. It is the same form factor as the 710c, but lacks all of the necessary components for audio. It does not have a DSP chip or a headphone jack.
    So, if you ever think you might want mp3 capability, you gotta get the $500 clie.
    I guess I'll be forking over $500 to Sony when I'm ready to trade in my Visor Deluxe. Ouch, that's twice what I paid for my first PDA!
    You're gonna shell out over $600 if you want a 64mb memory stick with that! Those puppies are expensive!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12