Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I have decided to take the plunge and switch to the BB 8330 when it comes out on sprint this week.

I work for Toshiba and I have to carry a BB along with my Treo, and well, I am just tired of carrying two devices.

I could put up with it for a while, but the bluetooth reboot problems with the 700p, and now the 755p are just too much for me anymore.

Palm has made their own bed and now they will lay in it.

I always loved the palm, but when they cannot even make the existing things that worked well on previous versions, work well and they take 2 tries at it with the 700 and 755 and still can't get it right, then they have real problems.

With this move I can get all my personal mail like always, get my toshiba mail, and also load the toshiba service software, and use one device.

Ill let everyone know how it works out.
    Last edited by gregnauman; 04/13/2008 at 06:29 PM.
    That might be the route I will be taking as well. Just need to take the bullet of an extra $30 a month on top of my existing bill to justify a more stable, sexier gadget. See you on the other side.
    Id be interested to hear your review, please keep us posted.

tia
    I'm thinking about it to but I had the 8830 didn't like it and my girlfriend has the pearl I don't like that either, but I think i might try the bb curve on verizon when it comes out.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    I was all about getting the BB Curve from Sprint when it came out, till I found out about the no MMS capability..

thats kind of a deal breaker for me.

If TMo or ATT's Curve has MMS enabled... I may make a jummp...
    I'm a Pre gal now
  6.    #6  
    Well maybe not next week..... Looks as though they have delayed the 8330 curve until June 1st.

Thats what I was told at the sprint store today by the manager, and I confirmed this on the web at various forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    Well maybe not next week..... Looks as though they have delayed the 8330 curve until June 1st.

Thats what I was told at the sprint store today by the manager, and I confirmed this on the web at various forums.
    Sprints Curve was speculated for 4/20- not sure if that date had ever been etched in stone or if i was created by the rumor mill. All over the web and various forums, its being said "between now and June."

I recall reading that the Titanium Curve (Sprint) was first and the Red Curve was the one slated for June 1st.

I guess we'll just see it when we see it.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I was all about getting the BB Curve from Sprint when it came out, till I found out about the no MMS capability..

thats kind of a deal breaker for me.

If TMo or ATT's Curve has MMS enabled... I may make a jummp...
    ATT DOES have MMS enabled on both the Curve and 8820.
    Not to give you false hope, but there are multiple rumors saying Sprint "is working hard" to bring MMS out for BBs this summer. Not sure if it'll be some PictureMail derivative/hack or true MMS, but true MMS is the only one that would make any sense given how far and long Sprint's head has been in the sand on this one.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  10.    #10  
    Well I guess it wasnt next week. Still waiting on sprint to get the curve out. Hope it come soon
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thats odd, I am in the process of dropping the BlackBerry for a Treo. I have been a BlackBerry user since the BlackBerry 7250, after upgrading to the BlackBerry 8703e and braking it I thought I would give the Palm Treo a run for its money.

The BlackBerry is an amazing phone no doubt, can take a lot of falls/throws and water.
    ^ welcome aboard !
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by EnronRocks View Post
    Thats odd, I am in the process of dropping the BlackBerry for a Treo. I have been a BlackBerry user since the BlackBerry 7250, after upgrading to the BlackBerry 8703e and braking it I thought I would give the Palm Treo a run for its money.

The BlackBerry is an amazing phone no doubt, can take a lot of falls/throws and water.
    I am talking about the curve which in my opinion is a totally different animal than a 7250 or a 8703.

I have a data only 7290 I have to use everyday for work, and right now I have to carry both. Wanting to go to one device so dumping the treo and all its problems due to work using blackberries for A3 service software as well as push mail.

I have played around with the at&t curve and it seems to do almost everything the treo will do.

One device and no lags, reboots etc is all I need to hear.

I would not do the switch if it werent for the curve as the older berries you mentioned were not even close to a treo.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Before you jump to AT&T, Verizon is supposedly to have the Curve on its network around May 10th - 12th.
    the verizon one is out now i just brought it for $106 i should get it tues.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
  16.    #16  
    My Sprint curve is coming on Monday.

If anyone is interested I put my Treo 755p on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Palm-Treo...QQcmdZViewItem
    My 8330 Curve will arrive Tuesday. $99 and two-day shipping via Sprint Retentions (was about to switch to AT&T for their Curve 8310). Will be eBaying the old paperweight 700p shortly.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    My Sprint curve is coming on Monday.

If anyone is interested I put my Treo 755p on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Palm-Treo...QQcmdZViewItem
    Double congrats! Looks like you sold the 755p for a good price in a little over 4 hours today. Not bad at all.

My Sprint Curve should be here Monday and my 700p and AT&T Curve will both be on eBay next week (writeups are all done and ready to post).
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Add me to the list...I am now expected to carry a Blackberry at work and I really don't want two devices.

From what I can tell so far, the Blackberry Curve keypad is way easier to use than the Treo 755P or Centro. But I'm sure going to miss all the third party apps and games.

I purchased as BIS customer yesterday, but in the end I will be BES through work. I hope they don't have it locked down tight as a drum. If I can install third party apps then I think I can make this work. But I'm sure going to miss some of what my Treo can do that (as far as I know) the Blackberry can't. Like stream internet music. Or watch movies. But at the end of the day, I didn't use those features regularly...they were just nice to have. And who knows...new apps are being created all the time and business seem to gravitate to Blackberry. So there is hope someone will come up with some apps to replace some of what my Treo does from an entertainment perspective.
    French - you can definitely watch movies. The Curve makes a decent enough MP3 player although it's a pain to create playlists in OS4.2 (since you have to create them on the PC) but that's supposed to be fixed in the next release. I don't stream music since I've got a couple gigs of MP3 I carry with me, but I believe it can be done - at least with OS4.3 on the CDMA Curves (my Sprint one should be here Monday).

What other apps were you looking for? When I first got my 8300 Curve, I did alot of searching and comparison. I may be able to help you find some alternatives to look at.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast