1.    #1  
    Mentioned in the Register: a new "midway" Palm dubbed the m300 that falls halfway between the m100 and m500 lines.

Could I be any less excited?
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Mentioned in the Register: a new "midway" Palm dubbed the m300 that falls halfway between the m100 and m500 lines.

Could I be any less excited?

Another sign of how Palm is wasting the time of their R&D.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    It really shows why we aren't at Palm 5.0 now. Theire making bad products instead of making good ones. COME ON PALM! sell your software, or get a move on it!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I love The Register, but that article is equivocal to the point of being useless. To wit:

Little else is known about the device, which it's tempting to call the m300, though there's no evidence that that's what Palm will call it.
    Alright, so we don't what it's called. We only know that it's a "midrange" unit that doesn't currently has a serial connector rather than a Universal Connector, but may wind up with the latter when it ships.

One possibility is that the new machine is the successor to the wireless-enable Palm VIIx. Palm is known to be working on an update to that machine.
    Maybe. Or maybe not. I know how hard it is to get an exclusive in the tech journalism business, but most of Smith's article is speculation.

As far as Palm rolling out OS 5.0, I wouldn't expect to see that until Palm knows what hardware it's going to run on. Even this late in the game, Palm is weighing it's options for microprocessors, recently mentioning that Intel is being considered.
    The last thing we need right now is another boring and disappointing unit from Palm. When will this company innovate again? They have created anything new since Hawkins left...a pity.