Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Next Week?
    Let's hope so, if they are right I will be first in line to pre-order. What great timing - I talked myself into the 505... now I'm glad my check hasn't come yet! wow.
    Originally posted by patwoods
    Let's hope so, if they are right I will be first in line to pre-order. What great timing - I talked myself into the 505... now I'm glad my check hasn't come yet! wow.
    Poor Pat. You're never get a new PDA, just too many teasers...

Let's hope so, if they are right I will be first in line to pre-order.
    Pat,

Depending on the rest of the specs, and price, I will probably be in line ahead of you. Not that the VDx I have isn't "good enough", but its is starting feel crampy, as more of the software I really would like to use requires OS 3.5+
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net
    This is exactly what I was hoping for - based on the rumors I have heard here and there, it looked like something would happen. And I would gladly wait another week if HS has the goods... They usually ship soon after their announcements unlike other manufacturers lately. They just have a good track record of keeping their mouth shut until it's time!
    This is exactly what I was hoping for - based on the rumors I have heard here and there, it looked like something would happen.
    And, one way to look at all the re-pricing is that they are clearing out a price point that potential customers will find a good value for features offered, etc.
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net
    I KNEW I made a good choice by not getting a Handera 330. Gonna be at pcexpo, really hoping they release this puppy. Maybe they'll have a giveaway, if its anything like the one they had last year, I'll be sitting through 5 hours worth of presentations trying to get one.
    I swear, she told me she was 16!
    Can anyone provide me with any info on what this rumored Snap will be? Specs, etc.?
  9.    #9  

My "test" 505 is most likely going back now. I'm guessing the Snap will be 320x320 65k, and $400. The edge will be dropped to $300. I just hope it is all metal. 4 days with the 505 has spoiled me.
    You're not the only one, Pat. The squeal of me hitting the brakes on my Sony Clie purchase can be heard for miles...

It could completely be a rumor; but if not, I'm going to have to break my arm patting myself on the back re: waiting for the PC Expo to complete before making a purchase.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Okay, duh. I went back to the original post and went to the link. A new hi-res color Visor. I love my Prism, but would love to have something a little thinner. I don't want anything as thin as the Edge, because I hate the Springboard "attachment" for it. Anyone have any idea if this Snap will be thinner than the Prism but have a Springboard slot BUILT-IN rather than attached a'la the Edge?

If so, I might just be selling my Prism on Ebay....

I kinda hope it has the edge connector. I only use my SBs occasionally, to back up and to listen to music, so I would rather have form factor and add the sled when I needed to...

Do you think maybe it will support SD/MMC by any chance? That would be the cat's ***.
    Handspring makes me laugh.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I'm probably being over-clever (i.e., wrong), but here's some theoretical confirmation that HS will come out with another Edge next week: Over in this thread, Think Outside said they'd have a Stowaway for the Edge out in August of this year.

Maybe they wanted to wait for the "Snap" to come out before releasing it?

As the Firesign Theater used to say: "Could be, could be!" (Of course, they also said "Just remember, there's a Seeker born every minute."
    Jeff Meyer

Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Handspring makes me laugh.
    Funny ha-ha or frustrated ha-ha?
    Jeff Meyer

Originally posted by bookrats

Funny ha-ha or frustrated ha-ha?
    Funny. I think this is hilarious. This is the 2nd time HS has managed to keep their mouth shut until the proverbial night before.

I'm not too frustrated. I'll probably want one, but my edge will keep me amused for a long time to come. Although, you never know...
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by headgamer
    Anyone have any idea if this Snap will be thinner than the Prism but have a Springboard slot BUILT-IN rather than attached a'la the Edge?
    Now that sounds like something worth while. The specs on the Snap still does peak my interest. I really want more speed as well and 66mhz is a nice leap (actually we should have been there already), but not large enough. Palm devices really need to compete with PPC in speed soon. I plan to wait until The ARM based Palms come out. Unless Handspring can make such a compelling device at the right price.

BTW: I'll be at PC EXPO as well next week (15 Min subway ride away from my office). At Last years PC Expo I got a Handspring T-shirt freebie. Maybe I'll get lucky again. (Like a Snap prototype )
    Last edited by mikedemo; 06/22/2001 at 11:55 AM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  18.    #18  
    I vote for a slimmer Deluxe form factor and integrated SB
    I'm betting it'll be edge connector & the same cradle thingy on the bottom. Otherwise the Edge would just be left out there in the cold. Until now, HS has been good about maintaining standard connections, I have faith that they'll stick with the new one.

...Hey, maybe bblue knows what's up!

Originally posted by BBlue
    I heard all about this new color edge today from an inside tech guy I talked too! Pretty cool:

Apparently, it won't have the Prism screen, it will have a reflective display. Handspring is RUSHING to get it out with the recent budget outlook, and so the early ones may NOT have an adjustible color screen. But according to the guy, it should prove satisfactory for even the most avid Prism user! The current name for it is the EDGE CS (edge color screen) but that will most likely change. The Edge may even become its own lineup. With it being called the "Edge Prism" or something. If so, us Visor users will be left out!

It will NOT be running OS 4.0 (a modified version of 3.5) It And it will only be slightly larger than the current Edge model!!! (Come on Handspring! Couldn't you do more?) It will have the same connector as the Edge, but will come in one more color: midnight black metallic OR cobalt blue. (He promises that it will not peel) Either one would look cool in my opinion! It may also lose that ungainly plastic bumper in place of a higher quality frame, but don't count on it.

Scheduled cost is around $479.00 , and it is due out in mid-August in EXTREMELY limited amounts. (The guy said about half of the original M505 shipments )
    Midnight black! How cool would that be?
    Well, at least we know that part of the rumor is wrong.

Motorola announced that the 66 Mhz Dragonball would sample in Q4. That is 6 months away. Also, sampling means small quantities suitable for R&D only.

Based on this, it will be interesting to see how much (or how little) else about the story is true.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast