Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Originally posted by bradhaak

It could still happen but I doubt it because companies usually want to do product releases at the opening of the show to draw traffic to the booth for the entire event. Waiting a couple of days until most of the press has gone home doesn't make much sense.
    Oh well, I'm not wating till Aug or Sept. anyway. I'm either going 505 or 710 for good in the next few days.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Get both, they're small.
    slotmachine, it looks like it's time to change your avatar and sig.

No HandEra for yoouu! - aka PDA Nazi
    <><
    Originally posted by slotmachine

Oh well, I'm not wating till Aug or Sept. anyway. I'm either going 505 or 710 for good in the next few days.
    Dude. I am right behind you... this sucks, I really was geared up for Handspring to pull through. I want my m505!
  5.    #105  
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    Get both, they're small.
    If alarms from two PDAs go off in the forest, but you can't shut them off because your wife has removed both of your thumbs, does it really matter?
    Originally posted by LanMan
    slotmachine, it looks like it's time to change your avatar and sig.
    I would if could freakin decide which way I'm going. Good thing the 505 and 710 both have slots! I'll always like the HE 330 though; the Marlboro Man of PDAs!!
    Originally posted by patwoods
    Dude. I am right behind you... this sucks, I really was geared up for Handspring to pull through. I want my m505!
    I don't think you'll be dissapointed if you go 505. Just remember to think of the display as a Zenith instead of a Trinitron.
    Last edited by slotmachine; 06/26/2001 at 02:41 PM.
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    ...As I recall, the expectat of a color edge was based more on our desire than on corroborated facts....
    You aren't remembering correctly. It started from an article from PDABuzz, the author with the "very reliable source."
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

You aren't remembering correctly. It started from an article from PDABuzz, the author with the "very reliable source."
    Not PDABuzz, but rather Palminfocenter:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=2066
    <><
    Originally posted by LanMan

Not PDABuzz, but rather Palminfocenter:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=2066
    Thank you, LanMan.
    -Joshua
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    No signe of anything new today at PC Expo. Not even the coy looks you get when someone is bursting to say, but can't.
    -Michael-
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Ah, right. Sorry. My car is very reliable, too.
    Sorry to say but I told you so

It would be dumb if HS released a new visor now with all these new devices that already came out. Plus HS has just recently released the Edge so HS will want to sell these units first before introducing a new device. As I said earlier on you can expect a new device in late summer beginning of fall. Not before than.
    HS just lost a LOT of loyal customers then, myself included.
    HS just lost a LOT of loyal customers then, myself included.
    Why do you say that?
    "Hey! Check out these cresent-fresh skulls in my salad!"- Sifl & Olly
    I think a lot of people were tempted to upgrade to color when the new clie and 505 were finally announced. I for one was not quite satisfied with the Prism being as big as it was, and was holding out for a color edge... since that hasn't materialized as of yet, I would imagine there are a lot of people who are going to jump ship to one of the smaller color devices...

I just think it's bad timing, and no new color models on the horizon for HS is going to hurt them. Watch them try to unload the grayscale edges now! I wouldn't pay $300 for it at this point. They should have started that upgrade rebate when they first announced the model.
    since i got my first pda which was a visor 2mb last december i wont be getting a new one for at least a year because of money problems. i also recently bought a hagiwara 16mb modual which i wont be throwing anytime soon for a new organizer. so by the time i saved enough money from allowance ($10 every two weeks) i hope handspring will have announced the visor snap or something like i want. read my singnature below!

hope you will revert too handspring in the future once they come out with a new model,
    robert
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Originally posted by robert sibell
    hope you will revert too handspring in the future once they come out with a new model
    I probably will in the future, but I have the wife's approval at this point, and am not going to wait around for her to change her mind
  17.    #117  

I probably will in the future, but I have the wife's approval at this point, and am not going to wait around for her to change her mind
    I feel your sense of urgency!! Do it while you still have thumbs!
    ...I would imagine there are a lot of people who are going to jump ship to one of the smaller color devices...
    Possibly, but would you rather they pre-announce 6 mos in advance and then pray to God they make their shipping deadline while sales plummet? I like how they handled the edge announcement; I hope they continue in that vein.
    -Joshua
    I think a lot of people were tempted to upgrade to color when the new clie and 505 were finally announced.
    On what basis do you make this statement? It seems to me that a lot fo people are quite happy with their Black and White units. I love my Prism and I love color but there is still nothing compelling out there that make owning a color Palm a "must".
    Purely my opinion, of course, but I just think the smaller form factor may have drawn a little more attention than had been previously held by the IIIc and the Prism... Maybe I exaggerated, but it seems like a LOT of discussion of upgrading has appeared since the 710/505 launches. I just didn't look at the prism as something I thought was worth the extra cash until the new ones arrived. I was pretty happy with grayscale, but now I need color.

Don't ask me why, I am not sure myself
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast