Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    As I understand it, Handspring's "tweak" of OS 3.5 has pretty much all the significant features of 4.0.
    Originally posted by VTL
    As I understand it, Handspring's "tweak" of OS 3.5 has pretty much all the significant features of 4.0.
    With the exception of OS recognition of removable storage media.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Sorry to say this but HS is not coming out with a new device this month, now there might be someting later on, say September but not now for sure
    SORRY TO DISSAPOINT EVERYONE
    Originally posted by visorking
    Sorry to say this but HS is not coming out with a new device this month, now there might be someting later on, say September but not now for sure
    And where did you get your information?
    Oh waaa

Well I hope they give us an idea on what they are planning to do.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    With the exception of OS recognition of removable storage media.
    ..Which would really get me steamed if there weren't such great things happening over at the Flash Adapters Forum!
    Ya know, the show hasn't even started as of this posting...

I am still keeping my hopes relatively high. Either way I will be happy with a) My new Clie, or b) My New Color Edge at some point really soon
    Its a reliable source but I cant reveal

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And where did you get your information?

Who are you? You are talking as if you work for Handspring.
    ...I think I agree with visorking.

I doubt that HS can match the Fire burning over at Sony, so why underwhelm us now when they can wow us later? Especially if they're not ready to ship (which they may be, who knows?)...

If they can match (or beat) sony by having a thin device with high resolution (and maybe even a faster processor?), then they ought to announce ASAP!
  11.    #91  
    I beg to differ!
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    OK, slot, or mr. machine...
    You keeping something from us?
    Perhaps CNN was right, and the new Visor Snap! just went Crackle! and Pop!
    Last edited by LanMan; 06/26/2001 at 11:40 AM.
    <><
    major bummer.
    Originally posted by mikedemo

Only 100 bucks for an mp3 player.
    Only $100 for an 8mb MP3 player, wow!
    over on PalmInfoCenter, some dude says the reps at the HS booth are strongly denying there is a color edge...

I guess we have our answer now
  17.    #97  
    Originally posted by patwoods
    OK, slot, or mr. machine...
    You keeping something from us?
    I'm still holding out faith. Maybe they're waiting until the initial excitement of the conference dies down.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    I dunno, sounds iffy at this point... maybe by September or so...
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    I'm still holding out faith. Maybe they're waiting until the initial excitement of the conference dies down.
    ...Or maybe they're waiting until people will not immediately compare it to the clie....

..or maybe they're not ready to ship...

..Or maybe they don't even have a production model...

...As I recall, the expectat of a color edge was based more on our desire than on corroborated facts....

In Other Words: Want Color? Buy a Clie

(or maybe they'll announce tomorrow )
    Originally posted by slotmachine

It could still happen but I doubt it because companies usually want to do product releases at the opening of the show to draw traffic to the booth for the entire event. Waiting a couple of days until most of the press has gone home doesn't make much sense.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast