Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have a Palm Bluetooth keyboard that I use with my Treo 680. I was wondering if anyone has made it work with a non palm based Window Mobile phone?

I don't have a specific phone in mind (my contract isn't up for a while yet so I am not in any hurry to make a decision), but it would be nice to have an accessory other than my bluetooth headset that was cross-platform/manufacturer compatable.

Thanks.

Paul
    i dont know about the bluetooth keyboard but i have a palm ir keyboard and it works with both pos and wm all the drivers came on the cd. check and see if there is a wm driver for it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stamason View Post
    i dont know about the bluetooth keyboard but i have a palm ir keyboard and it works with both pos and wm all the drivers came on the cd. check and see if there is a wm driver for it.
    It came with both drivers on the cd, I have no idea though if the driver for Windows Mobile is tailored the Treo hardware or if it is an universal driver.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The Palm Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard works with the AT&T Tilt, and presumably any touchscreen WM Std. 5+ device. It does NOT work with the Samsung Blackjack, and I suspect it won't work with any WM Smartphone devices.
    This is with the WM driver from Palm.
    Incidentally, it can also be used with a Bluetooth-equipped Windows computer -- it shows up as a HID-compliant keyboard.

I did a brief review at
    http://forum.smartphoneexperts.com/s...d.php?t=156592
    Last edited by Rusty J; 04/01/2008 at 06:01 AM.
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty J View Post
    The Palm Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard works with the AT&T Tilt, and presumably any touchscreen WM Std. 5+ device. It does NOT work with the Samsung Blackjack, and I suspect it won't work with any WM Smartphone devices.
    This is with the WM driver from Palm.
    Incidentally, it can also be used with a Bluetooth-equipped Windows computer -- it shows up as a HID-compliant keyboard.

I did a brief review at
    http://forum.smartphoneexperts.com/s...d.php?t=156592
    Thanks Rusty. That is very good to know.

- Paul