1.    #1  
    This is a great price for the iPhone. I'm thinking of picking one up to fool around with. Cheat on my Treo 755p.

It's a fun device that I'll use for hacking, fooling around with new software, and letting me down whenever i use Blazer.

But I'm really looking forward to using the screen. It's a T|X on crack and that's what I want. Of course I would love to have it working on Sprint with EVDO but i'm just looking for another toy to completely p0wne

Anyone else see this sale at att.com? it's in the refurb store, no contracted needed.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    This is a great price for the iPhone. ...It's a fun device that I'll use for hacking, fooling around with new software, and letting me down whenever i use Blazer....but i'm just looking for another toy to completely p0wne
    The iPhone really isn't a good phone for "hacking" right now... maybe in the future... maybe...

And right now, you *can't* pwn the iPhone... Steve pwn's it...
    I just found out that my local AT+T store (Oxford Valley Mall, Langhorne, PA) sells refurbs, 8 gig $249, 4 gig $199.

I picked up the 8 gig last night. Worked out of the box on my wifi network, and acted like an ipod. At that price, for a wifi internet tablet and ipod, it's a steal. Of course there is a phone in there too.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    That's a pretty interesting idea. If you don't use it for the phone capabilities could you still use it as a wifi iPod?
    Sure can, it is basically a cheaper iPod Touch...
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    Sure can, it is basically a cheaper iPod Touch...
    can you please tell me where is the store exactly?do u know how many do they hve in stock? also do they ask u to sign up new contract?
    thankx
    yup, got my 8gb from att today. using it as an ipod since I'm keeping my 700wx. It's neat, looks brand new, and unlike my nano, came with both a charging brick and a cradle.
    Many stores have them now. Cherry Hill, NJ had some in stock. Got Mine at Oxford Valley Mall, Langhorne, PA.

No contract needed.

Yes, I have a problem...
    That's an awesome idea! I'm going to get one this Friday, because it's pay day!
    I wish you could use apple gift cards at the at&t store, I'd buy one up for the fun of it.
    I picked one of these $250 refurbs up thinking I'd play with it and then sell it on craigslist. After all, its not a "real" smartphone, and its only for wannabees. Wow, I was totally blown away. I can't quite put my finger down on one particular item, but I love this device. Its an emotional bond. I've never felt this way about a device before.

My 650 has been donated to my brother, and my Mogul is sold. I kept my Dash cos it syncs with my corporate mail.

Unlocking/jailbreaking was fast and easy. Took all of 5mins with iPlus 2.0b. I have a bunch of 3rd party apps on it that fill in some of the missing features. I love the fact that I can get a command line window and configure it myself. When a 3rd party didn't uninstall it properly I just opened a terminal in and did a rm -r on the directory. Its basically a unix computer with a wireless card and modem. The other thing I'm really impressed with is the speed. This thing is as fast as/faster than PalmOS. And it only has a 412MHz CPU and 112MB program memory. Even with several apps open there's still 80+ MB free and everything is snappy.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    u guys lucky,I tried 3 stores but they all ran out of stock
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    The iPhone really isn't a good phone for "hacking" right now... maybe in the future... maybe...

And right now, you *can't* pwn the iPhone... Steve pwn's it...
    Oh idk about that. Using ZiPhone I was able to unlock, activate, and jailbreak the phone. So I'm using it as a iPod touch, and it's my favorite iPod ever.

I'm happy to have an iPod wall charger, another cable, and a new toy.

The apps are fun but the they are still lacking big time. I'd love to have some more games and IDLE IMAP support.
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Unlocking/jailbreaking was fast and easy. Took all of 5mins with iPlus 2.0b. I have a bunch of 3rd party apps on it that fill in some of the missing features. I love the fact that I can get a command line window and configure it myself. When a 3rd party didn't uninstall it properly I just opened a terminal in and did a rm -r on the directory. Its basically a unix computer with a wireless card and modem. The other thing I'm really impressed with is the speed. This thing is as fast as/faster than PalmOS. And it only has a 412MHz CPU and 112MB program memory. Even with several apps open there's still 80+ MB free and everything is snappy.
    Where did you get 2.0 beta? Have u tried the Exchange Activesync?
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Where did you get 2.0 beta? Have u tried the Exchange Activesync?
    I don't have the iPhone 2.0 firmware. I meant iPlus 2.0b which is one of the popular unlock/jailbreak apps together with ZiPhone and iNdependence. Supposedly its better than the other 2 because it applies a fake 3.9 bootloader that is reversible in case you need to put back the 4.6 bootloader.

It is possible to get the 2.0 firmware, you just have to sign up for the developer SDK. They are slowly accepting more applications. I don't have a Mac so it wouldn't be usable by me. And my C is very rusty.
  16.    #16  
    btw the iPhone has been offically been pwned

http://theiphoneproject.org/b/macosx/iphonepwned/

Pretty exciting stuff! I remember when the Palm community was this fast moving... I hope we'll see those days again!

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Hey anyone know if the 250 refurb are still out ,
    Not too long ago they were on ATT ship SOLD out in 1 day