Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 124
  1.    #81  
    Originally posted by mikedemo


    I got vmb from this great Clie user group at yahoo.
    MD,

    Do you have enough space to try Ancient Red?
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
  2. #82  
    Originally posted by slotmachine


    MD,

    Do you have enough space to try Ancient Red?
    Yup, I'm d/l it now. The screen shots look great.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  3. #83  
    So slotmachine you got any more of your review of the M505 vs. Clie to come?



    BTW image AncientRed in Hires.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  4.    #84  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    So slotmachine you got any more of your review of the M505 vs. Clie to come?



    BTW image AncientRed in Hires.
    Well I wimped out and decided to go with the 505. Bottom line is I just won't have enough time over the next 6 mos to capitalize on the the vast array of coolness the 710 offers, so I can't justify the cost. (505 for $360 @ Dell.com) I can't wait around for the 610 because, like patwoods, I JUST CAN'T!!

    I wish I could justify the 710, but I know with work, outside projects, etc., I'm just going to be PIM'ing aaround nd playing Grouper. Thanks for the support during this process ladies and gents! It's been fun talking with everybody! I'm going to San Diego, then San Antonio for the next 10 days, so I may not be logging in for a while.

    By the time I get back, Apple may have introduced something and stated this miserable process all over again!

    If you have nerves of steel and a fraction of the sanity of a healthy person, here's a way to change your 505 screen settings. Closed course and professional driver. Do not try this at home!
    Last edited by slotmachine; 07/07/2001 at 05:32 AM.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
  5. #85  
    Thanks for all the excellent info and analysis -- both to Slotmachine and everyone who posted on this thread. It really was a help when I was deciding to buy the Clie 710 or not.
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  6. #86  
    Great job slot,

    Hope you enjoy your new 505.


    Until the next greatest thing comes down the road I'll be on my 710. (Wondering if the Visor Snap/twist is gonna kick ****)
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  7. #87  
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Well I wimped out and decided to go with the 505. Bottom line is I just won't have enough time over the next 6 mos to capitalize on the the vast array of coolness the 710 offers, so I can't justify the cost. (505 for $360 @ Dell.com) I can't wait around for the 610 because, like patwoods, I JUST CAN'T!!
    I don't consider it wimping out - a $140 difference in price is pretty serious for some extra screen res and an mp3 player with basically 0MB memory. I am extremely happy with my m505!
  8.    #88  
    Greetings from San Diego!

    bookrats: It was a lot of fun! Did you get your unit yet?
    mikedemo: Rock on with the 710 dude! How was Ancient Red? Hi-res support?
    patwoods: "wimp-out" was only a term I use on myself, considering what I personally could have done with the 710. The 505 rocks in its own way or I would not have purchased it. Has your's arrived yet? I got a 7/20 ship date.

    I think I'll try to find the legendary Frye's while I'm out here....
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
  9. #89  
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Has your's arrived yet? I got a 7/20 ship date.
    I ordered on a Thirsday night, and it came Monday afternoon, and I just used the free ground shipping. The order was marked as backordered, but it still shipped the next day. Sorry to hear you haven't gotten yours yet - I must have slipped in under the wire. BTW mine is a Hungarian one, and I compared it to the USA one at two different stores, and the screens appear identical to me.
  10. #90  
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Greetings from San Diego!
    bookrats: It was a lot of fun! Did you get your unit yet?
    Actually, I've decided to wait a while, and see whether Handspring announces anything high-res later this year (that's interesting...).

    Getting an Innopocket CF springboard module will (hopefully) extend the life of my VDX until something I really want arrives.

    Have fun with the m505!!
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  11. #91  
    It was mentioned that the PDA needs to meet your needs. I think it is great that you tried both out and allowed time to get over the "drool time" and decide what you really needed.

    I have been infatuated with the 710 since I first saw it. Last week I got to try it at Best Buy. I would never buy it. It feels cheap and the buttons are flimsy. I need something more durable. I have been using a Palm III for over two years and the buttons still have their spring.

    I seriously thinking about the Handera 330. I like the screen and color is not as important as a clear screen and memory expadability.
  12. #92  
    Hey Guys,
    Well, I'm a Palm IIIc student user...and I seem to be very picky and always wanting the best....I mean, the IIIc is a great handheld, no question...I love it, but I want the newest and greatest....so I went to go check them out....don't come bashing me about what I say, its just what I saw...

    So I go down to my local CompUSA...dont ever buy from them, jus go to check things out, hehe. I see a clie and run up to it..hehe, I must say its awesome!!!!!! OMG, i pull out my IIIc, and the clie kicks ****!!! The IIIc I think "might" be brighter at the max...not sure, but the clie is still superior in too many aspects. So i try out some more stuf...you guys say the screen is spongy and I felt that, but i think a spongy screen is wayyyy cooler!! its feels like...gel or something, and I think its awesome...jus mah opinion...as for the jog dial and back button, very kool, I think the jog dial works fine...no problems...now as for the buttons....they are pretty hard to push I must say, but if get eventually to push them, they have perty good feedback...also, i though the clie would be a monster from the pics...but its tiny!!! very small...wayyy smaller than my IIIc...however, i noticed that the screen is smaller..but thats no problem...everything is pure awesome about the clie..l

    and one small note...the clie was on the top of the display...and a level below it was an m505...when i first looked at it...I thought it was an m500!!! it was on...and i looked down, and I was like, "bahahaha! cheap m500" then i look closer, and it turned out to be an m505, i could barely notice it was colour! jus a small note...

    well, once I can sell my IIIc, I'll be getting a new clie...my friend who works for sony can get it for $300...sorrie guys...hehe, awesome price I must say...cant help you guys out in getting one...but anyone wanna help me take my IIIc off my hands??? I'm selling it for $200...

    Thanks, and good luck to everyone, choose a handheld that suits your needs...then some hehehe

    Nelson
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
  13. #93  
    $300 for a 710c. Wow you lucky dog. I paid the full price . . . but I'm still so happy with my Clie. This baby really meets my needs for a Palm with some multimedia. I listen to Mp3s all the time.

    To me it was worth every penny.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  14. #94  
    I just ordered a Clie N710C that will cost me only $150!!!

    1. The book store in our medical center can offer the Clie at $100 off as an "educational" discount.

    2. All pediatric residents gets a $250 allowance to get book and euipment from the book store.

    So...$500-$100-$250=$150 How awesome is that?

    Sweet!!! Should get mine in a week.
    Last edited by Fat_Man; 07/12/2001 at 12:35 AM.
    Fat's
  15. #95  
    I know this question has been asked before... Can the N710 use the S300's serial cradle?

    I believe the answer was yes, just wanted to make sure.

    thanks!!
    Fat's
  16. #96  
    Originally posted by Fat_Man
    I know this question has been asked before... Can the N710 use the S300's serial cradle?

    I believe the answer was yes, just wanted to make sure.

    thanks!!
    From personal experience, the answer is YES. (Thus allowing you to sync it on Windows NT.)

    Trick may be finding a serial crade for the S300 these days -- the S300 has been discontinued, so I don't know how tough it will be to find one. Maybe Sony's site still sells them.
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  17. #97  
    I saw a bunch of S300 cradles here in NYC at J&R Computer World and Staples. I'm thinking of getting an extra cradle myself. But its still selling for 59.99. Jeez ya think the price would drop on it.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  18. #98  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    I saw a bunch of S300 cradles here in NYC at J&R Computer World and Staples. I'm thinking of getting an extra cradle myself. But its still selling for 59.99. Jeez ya think the price would drop on it.
    As I tell my nieces and nephews when they ask for expensive electronic toys: Well, there's always E-bay.
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  19.    #99  
    Originally posted by patwoods

    BTW mine is a Hungarian one, and I compared it to the USA one at two different stores, and the screens appear identical to me.
    Really? What's your opinion of this review? On the second page, a US and a Hung. 505 are compared side-by-dide. There is a noticable difference in the brightness in this picture.

    Do you have a manuf. date for yours? Maybe Palm closed the gap by the time your unit was built.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
  20.    #100  
    Originally posted by ILikeDatabases
    It was mentioned that the PDA needs to meet your needs. I think it is great that you tried both out and allowed time to get over the "drool time" and decide what you really needed.

    I have been infatuated with the 710 since I first saw it. Last week I got to try it at Best Buy. I would never buy it. It feels cheap and the buttons are flimsy. I need something more durable. I have been using a Palm III for over two years and the buttons still have their spring.

    I seriously thinking about the Handera 330. I like the screen and color is not as important as a clear screen and memory expadability.
    I'm glad I did it. A PDA in your pocket for a few days is completly different from the same PDA at a merchant's counter.

    Considering Sony's track record with high-end goodies, I doubt that the CLIE's workmanship is as poor as it might feel. Keeping a unit with that kind of technology under $500 had to be a challenge. The only two wear points that concerned me were the chrome-painted plastic accents, and the "Power" decal on the power button. The feel of the rocker could have been better, and a more tactlie feel on the jog-wheel click would have helped, but I don't think those controls would break under normal use.

    How is the Handers doing? Has anyone heard any news on their sales, return rates, etc.?
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions