Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well, that'll be a huge change of smartphone lifestyle, but palm kindly asked me to look around whilst they create something sometime.

so today i will be starting to switch over to windows mobile. lets see how long i feel comfortable with it. it will be the kaiser from htc with gps and umts and wifi and loads of internal memory and what not all, but no palm

i'll probably be more in the windows portion of treocentral in future.

ciao, and thanks for all the help i was able to get from you guys. i will remember you and my treo will still remain functional so that i can play scrabble against it
    Welcome to the dark side. The water is fine over here.

Surur
    the only dark side that is "not-so-dark" is blackberry

other than that, it is really dark :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Welcome to the dark side. The water is fine over here.

Surur
    I would call the water more than just fine. It's nice and warm too!
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    ...and absolutely enjoyable!

Get yourself a username at XDA-developers.com and see how much fun your new device can be.
  6.    #6  
    i am wondering why i got moved from treo 650 to "other handhelds" whilst i was trying to bid farewell to my 650 friends.

i guess i am being moved to the dark side

i am a little lost. i am missing palm
    You don't need to say "Goodbye", as in forever. I've had my Tilt for 2 months but still come back because of the people. There's a lot of knowledge on this board.
    Look at all the phones I went through. Haven't said good-bye to TC yet!! Unless I have work to do but I'm back within the month usually, LOL!

BTW, you may end up not liking the Kaiser due to the form factor. Many coming from Treos say that. How about the 750? No GPS though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #9  
    i am carrying two smartphones now, like john wayne with his revolvers. getting used to one(kaiser) whilst seriously using the other(treo).

i think i need a 2 week holiday to go study windows mobile and get all the necessary programs that i have collected over the years for my palms.

but on the whole i am enjoying the experience. the dark side isnt too bad.

i find the kaiser form factor very sleek, and the material is real metal and rubberized backside and all. lots more superior to treos.

just waiting for palm to be simulated or emulated on windows mobile - which of course will not happen, but mind you, the iphone has been imitated using ifonz -but i wasnt impressed, i must say

so hello wm6
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Uh oh. Are there kids in that pool with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    just waiting for palm to be simulated or emulated on windows mobile

Styletap

Run Palm OS® Applications on Windows Mobile®
    PDAs and Smartphones
    http://www.styletap.com/

Surur
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    WOW!!
    and quite a lot of programs function on it as well. i am impressed.
    WOW!!
    and quite a lot of programs function on it as well. i am impressed.
    Yep. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Surur
    i wonder if the OP ever needed a Treo....or WM for that matter!

you should try a Blackberry device while you're at it.

best success!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  15.    #15  
    wow, this post is moving from one discussion to another. actually i had just wanted to bid farewell to my 650 folks

so any 650 treoist reading this - i am enjoying the kaiser and also enjoy a pretty good emulation of the palm os on it. the move is less painful than i thought.
    I am enjoying my TyTN II also, though I really do miss the kb on my 680. Aside from that, I really like it. I too still find myself coming back here, hoping to about the next bigger better PALM treo, but nada. Centro, in my opinion does not count.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    It's hard to comment on people who are still using 650's, 700's and probably due to carrier because i basically only know Sprint's offerings.. If the Centro hadn't come along, i'd probably have ditched the 700p and moved on as well.
    As it is, i like the little Centro.
    i am carrying two smartphones now, like john wayne with his revolvers. getting used to one(kaiser) whilst seriously using the other(treo).

i think i need a 2 week holiday to go study windows mobile and get all the necessary programs that i have collected over the years for my palms.

but on the whole i am enjoying the experience. the dark side isnt too bad.

i find the kaiser form factor very sleek, and the material is real metal and rubberized backside and all. lots more superior to treos.

just waiting for palm to be simulated or emulated on windows mobile - which of course will not happen, but mind you, the iphone has been imitated using ifonz -but i wasnt impressed, i must say

so hello wm6
    I've told myself for 3 years I'd never get to this point, but it's almost here.... I'm looking for change, and like you said, Palm is stalling.

Maybe in 2 years when it's time to update again, Palm will have gotten off their arse.

So how is the Tilt after your first month? I'm curious about the updates. I'm with you on dreading the program migration.. I use a lot of programs on the Palm, and I'd miss all of them. Some of them could be used in StyleTap but I'm not sure about some of my most cherished ones, such as GeoNiche (my geocaching program).
    Went from 650 to 680 to Blackjack to At&t Tilt. I use the 650 and the Tilt. The 650 has a faux Blacktie case, so it looks NICE!

I like both phones. Exterior looks, I like the Blacktie look 650. Looks damn sexy. The 650's advantage is the snappiness of the OS, simplicity of the OS, keyboard, and the 320x320 transflective screen. 3rd party soft. Software/OS-wise Palm wins. Sad that development for Palm software and OS is going downhill.

The Tilt's OS is slow, but multitasking is great. There are also alot of 3rd party, customization, etc to keep me interested. Hardware wise the clear clear winner. Exception is the screen. It is 320x240 and for some reason the obvious pixels hurts my eyes after a while, where as the 650's screen is silky smooth. Also, the Tilt's screen is a PAIN in sunlight. It is one of the worst screens under sun conditions. Can't see sh*t. It's not transflective like the Treos, where the screen is even better with bright sunlight. Nice to know that WinMo is still being supported/updated, as well as its software.

Anyway, I like both phones, and I too carry both sometimes. Most times, I just switch around and enjoy both. Palm OS Treos will always be with me because it is just sooo easy to use. Can't replace ease of use with ANYTHING.

-- Palm OS Treo does a few things, but it does it well. Core apps (PIM, etc) are good enough for me. The battery life is good, and the screen is very nice under all conditions.

--WinMo Tilt's hardware is unbeatable with GPS, Wifi, 3G, 3MP Camera. However the OS is slow, sluggish, unintuitive, not easy to use, and most importantly the screen sucks under any kind of lighting condition other than DARK. I would say unless you are indoors during the day, you will not be able to see ANYTHING when outdoors during daytime. I can't see anything in the car, which renders the GPS useless. WinMo's Calendar and To do apps are also very basic even when compared to Palm OS's PIM apps.
    Last edited by chenling; 04/09/2008 at 01:34 AM.
    Hmmmmm, that sucks about the screen. I won't typically carry multiple devices, and I was hoping to transfer everything I do to the Tilt, and one of those important things to me is Geocaching, which is outdoors and sometimes requires reading multiple headings, distances, etc...

Although that doesn't mean I can't give up the 680 for that duty, however I like to have things with me all the time.. I carry my bluetooth GPS with me 24/7 in my cargo pants. Would I carry the 680 if I don't geocache with the TIlt? Hmmmm...

BTW, yeah, the Tilt has a GPS. It's usable for street nav, even things like Google Maps. It's useless for geocaching. But that's not a huge issue, although it would be *nice* if it were a Sirf III chipset and I didn't have to carry a bluetooth GPS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast