1.    #1  

There is a prevalent myth that an EDGE iPhone is just as good as a 3G Windows Mobile device when it comes to speed of browsing. Jenn from Pocketables proves this wrong by testing Opera Mobile 8.6 on WM over HSDPA on the Tilt vs Safari Mobile on the iPhone over EDGE. The results are pretty clearcut.

I dont know about you, but browsing on average twice as fast while still enjoying the full rendering goodness that Opera Mobile brings means my experience is better after all, even if I have to shell out $25 for Oepra Mobile.

Full story here.
    http://www.pocketables.net/2007/12/mobile-web-spee.html

Surur
    For the iPhone, 3G will be the sweetest thing.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You don't need to remind me how slow EDGE is on the iPhone, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I would like 3g on my iphone too, but Im not really sure about any of those times you posted. I just tried the first four sites listed and my results are as followed:

Amazon - 14 seconds
    Cnet - 61 seconds
    Digg - 43 seconds
    Engadet - 1:16

Also, the sites that were taking a long time to fully render were very usable during the load up.

I support plenty of Tilts at my company, and its a fairly good device. However, even with the faster loading times of opera, I still enjoy browsing on the 3.5 inch high rez screen of my iPhone much better.