Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am a long time Treo User. From the 300 on sprint to the 600 to 650 to 700. All were palm formats....

But frustrated with the reboots, the poor OS, the lack of innovation in the product, the overall size of my phone and the complete disregard for me the consumer by Palm...I got a blackberry.

Been using the Pearl for the past 2 weeks. Hardest adjustment by far was the lack of keyboard. It has a dual key keyboard that is quasi-qwerty. But frankly, as intimidated as I was to move away from actual keys...it has been fine and very easy to adjust to. Suretype is terrific at both learning words and assuming what I am typing.

I write this little blurb not to brag or to coax others to come aboard...but rather to say goodbye to the board. I was not an active poster but read this site every week and it got me through the os upgrades and setting up server settings so I could push email and much much more. You are all great. Sorry to leave.

As an aside, the pearl is a terrific little device. Email works flawlessly, camera and video are terrific for a little phone, syncs with outlook 2003 small business server with no issues, music functionality is as good, works great on viewing sites like youtube etc. But I do miss having the native Docs To Go editing function. Rumor is Dataviz is making it for BB but its not out. That was another tough adjustment.

Good luck to all. Especially to Palm. It would take a lot to win me back. Palm has been an abomination and I would not be suprised to see them fail and call it quits. The Centro is decent little device but not a major shift. Palm needs an apple iphone moment and I just do not see it coming.
    my best phone was a bb7100 -I liked suretype better than having a qwerty keyhoard-

I could go out and get a 7100- but fundamentally, I have a problem buying new a phone that has been on the market for 3-4 years.

I've played with a pearl- but I am not sure I could manage without the thumb wheel and I don't think I would work well with the track ball.

that- and the one or two apps that I couldn't get on the bb.
    I switched to a Blackberry 8830 about a year ago now and haven't looked back since. There were a few heated debates regarding Palm vs. Blackberry after I posted my farewell to Palm back then too. In one of them another user told me I would want to go back to Palm in about 60 days if I really was a power user. Well, guess what? I'm still loving my Blackberry. It has really turned out to be a wonderful decision. The Blackberry platform has really come a long way in the last few yeas. Now that I have fully explored the software that is available and tweaked everything to my liking I will never go back to Palm. Unless they make something truly innovative that is. I am a big gadget-aholic and get the "fever" as many others do. I am now heavily invested in the platform with many software titles and accessories, therefore switching again could prove very costly. Speaking of which, I found a great site dedicated to only Blackberries for accessories. It is PlanetBerry.com. They sell desktop charge/Sync cradles and a whole lot more for the Blackberry smartphones. My personal favorite accessory is the desktop cradle I got from them. I looked everywhere for a cradle with no luck, thank goodness for Google. It has a spare battery charger in it so I always have juice. I talk A LOT on my phone and this was an issue for me. Anyway, have fun with your new toy. I'm sure you will stick with Blackberry too.
    Long live the pearl. My only regret is not switching earlier.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Ditto to you t2gungho

Hoo Rah
    I joined you all a couple of weeks ago. I love this thing. I miss many things on my Treo 700wx but not enough to give up my Blackberry 8830. My transition is very much like the one I made from Palm to PPC devices about 6 years ago.
    i love hearing how much all of the Blackberry converts (ex-Treo stalwarts) are enjoying their devices, especially the Pearl/Curve users. but i still can't believe how much flack i used to take for singing it's praise so long ago, but then again, to each his/her own. they work for me, i guess that's all that really matters.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    but i still can't believe how much flack i used to take for singing it's praise so long ago, but then again, to each his/her own. they work for me, i guess that's all that really matters.
    hmmm...martyr doesn't look good on you, especially in Spring. You caught flack for the iphone not BB.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/21/2008 at 03:33 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    ^ i didn't catch flack for the iPhone either but you might like to think so. i liked it, others didn't (when it came out, today too i suppose). as for the iPhone, it has proved to be a ringing success, even if you can't tolerate the thought. or you could even say that the two products that i stand by (especially the Pearl/Curve) are being utilized by more and more people around here and are seemingly content with them. the treo, not so much.

ah yes, the Spring. sorry to have rained on your parade.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 04/21/2008 at 08:08 PM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i love hearing how much all of the Blackberry converts (ex-Treo stalwarts) are enjoying their devices, especially the Pearl/Curve users. but i still can't believe how much flack i used to take for singing it's praise so long ago, but then again, to each his/her own. they work for me, i guess that's all that really matters.
    Palm has not delivered like the Bush Presidency and like this election, people are fed up and looking for change.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Palm has not delivered like the Bush Presidency and like this election, people are fed up and looking for change.
    Instead of looking for change, some people need to change within before they can actually find it somewhere else. To that end, if change means giving up a devices or OS that you've known and loved for years to something that works works well- I say WTG!!

I'm waiting for my BB to be delivered any day now. Neither Windows/Palm have done anything so innovating since their last few releases to compel me to keep dumping my money into them.

Its just time to move on.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Instead of looking for change, some people need to change within before they can actually find it somewhere else. To that end, if change means giving up a devices or OS that you've known and loved for years to something that works works well- I say WTG!!

I'm waiting for my BB to be delivered any day now. Neither Windows/Palm have done anything so innovating since their last few releases to compel me to keep dumping my money into them.

Its just time to move on.
    I was just kidding with the election going on in all but that was deep. I am happy to hear your going to try out a BB. My wife loves her at&t Curve.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I was just kidding with the election going on in all but that was deep. I am happy to hear your going to try out a BB. My wife loves her at&t Curve.
    No worries- I realized you were kidding.

My point simply is that along with wanting change also comes choices. So many people on this forum, and others, become zealots for certain devices. When I got my first Treo (600), I thought I was the sh1t!!! You couldnt tell me that I didnt have the baddest phone in the land.

Now 4 Treos later (755p) I no longer feel that I am the sh1t, but the phone is!
    It's one of the reasons that I moved over to Windows- but IMHO, they havent been that great either. Just last year, I spent $1500 on cell phones (PPC-6700, Mogul, & iPhone). The iPhone was just something to have until I got bored with it. Currently I'm on the HTC Touch and even without 3P apps, its still one sluggish device.

After doing so much BB reading, I thought to myself- why not!?! Either I'll be happy with it or get rid of it; either way, I have that choice.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I think you'll like it
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I made that change about a year ago...Palm made a great device but had its limitation...speakerphone was horrible, os reset all the time, bluetooth was crap. I switched to the BB 8800 and never looked back although I missed the touch screen but you get use to it eventually
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
    I just made the jump to the BB Curve. So far I am loving it. However there are 2 applications that I used everyday, serveral times a day that I am not able to find for the BB. The programs are Ultrasoft Money that syncs with Microsoft Money on my computer and Handyshopper for lists. Does anyone know of any equivilant programs for the BB that have worked for them?

Thanks in advance.
    When will the BOLD appear with sprint? I'd like to dump my 755. Enough's enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    I just made the jump to the BB Curve. So far I am loving it. However there are 2 applications that I used everyday, serveral times a day that I am not able to find for the BB. The programs are Ultrasoft Money that syncs with Microsoft Money on my computer and Handyshopper for lists. Does anyone know of any equivilant programs for the BB that have worked for them?

Thanks in advance.
    I haven't used either one, but after a little googling, I've come up with a couple of possibilities for you:
    Ascendo Money
    SplashShopper

Like I said, I don't have firsthand experience, but I've used and liked apps from both of these companies.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    When will the BOLD appear with sprint? I'd like to dump my 755. Enough's enough.
    You'll have to hold on to your 755 for a long while then.
    shepard - ran across another "list app" - this one is free. See this threadhttp://forums.crackberry.com/f35/do-...ckberry-37813/
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast