Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bluv4eva717 View Post
    I'm thinking of switching from the 755p to the BB Curve 8330.

STOP do not GO. Why? I have both (have to use the BB for work) and cannot find anything that works better on the BB and many many things that work worse. Why do you want to switch? Have you ever used the BB phone book or lotus notes calendar? They s**k vs. the Palm OS apps. You cannot even get FlightInfo on the BB.

B B
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    STOP do not GO. Why? I have both (have to use the BB for work) and cannot find anything that works better on the BB and many many things that work worse. Why do you want to switch? Have you ever used the BB phone book or lotus notes calendar? They s**k vs. the Palm OS apps. You cannot even get FlightInfo on the BB.

B B
    Actually, you CAN get flight info through a versatile app known as Viigo.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    after many years with palm, starting with 600p to centro and evrything in between, i thought i'd try the BB storm and.......i actually love it. so i will not be coming back to palm.
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB View Post
    after many years with palm, starting with 600p to centro and evrything in between, i thought i'd try the BB storm and.......i actually love it. so i will not be coming back to palm.
    Welcome to the BlackBerry fam....
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB View Post
    I am digging the Storm right now too. Thought I would never move to a BB but this device is slowly changing my mind.
    If Sprint gets the new Curve I might trade in the Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Actually, you CAN get flight info through a versatile app known as Viigo.

Good tip, many thanks, YA Boi D (best)!

My hangup is the easy of entering and viewing the calendar or the address book in the Palm OS. Maybe there is an app I can use over the Lotus Notes based calendar. Is there??

Thanks again and happy New Year to all.

RE Sprint and the Curve: just be sure you understand how if at all they will get e-mail and phone service when you are abroad with only GSM facilities. I am sure they can do it, but it might be VERY expensive.

BB
    Well, I just dumped my Centro for the grey curve last week. To think what I was missing makes me want to kick myself lol. Java alone blows my old Centro away.

I live and die by my calendar, tasks, and contacts. Is a BB a good fit or do I really need to look elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I live and die by my calendar, tasks, and contacts. Is a BB a good fit or do I really need to look elsewhere?

As do I, and, hence, I now have to carry around both the BB (for work e-mail) and the 755p for Calendar, Contacts (~4K, many with long notes), and tasks (which are in calendar using KSdatebook (free)). The BB does these items but in a most user unfriendly way. Also I have not found replacement apps for Vindago (movies and restaurants in all key cities) and TryDA (residential and business phone number and address look up and auto entry into contacts). ANYONE KNOW OF BB APPS FOR VINDAGO AND TRYDA???

There is nothing out there that beats the Palm PIM and I depend on it. So have a very good reason for giving it up.

Blazor Boy
    While a BB is nice, it is hard to beat a WM device on Exchange ActiveSync. Calendar, tasks, contacts, emails and sub-folders can all be sync'ed in real time. BB can do this too, but it costs more.

With that said, I would also recommend a Blackjack II or even the Q9h on ATT. My Q9c has served me well, I just want/need a nicer screen. I took the Storm back due to the fact that is was not a very good phone (voice). I don't care for a Diamond or a Touch Pro or a Curve, so I am now waiting for the new BB's to come to Sprint.
    IMHO the PIM in the Palm is much better than MS products. Both are better than the blackberry. If it is the PIM that matters most to you think hard before leaving Palm. That is why I loved the I500 great phone with Palm PIM.

B B
    I still can't get with a WM phone. I have played with the T Mo Wing, Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, and some older phone and they have serious lag/freeze issues. The only good ones I saw were the Blackjack, Moto Q, and T Mo Dash. I just hate the display of the phones. Guess that's why I have the Centro right?
    Are there any decent PIM replacements for a BB? Something simple along the lines of 2Day would be more than sufficient for what I need out of a calendar/tasks. (Actually my number 1 used app on Palm)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123