1.    #1  
    From Palminfocenter:

"Think Outside Inc. today has announced availability of the Stowaway Portable Keyboard for the Sony Clié. It supports both the PEG-S300 monochrome and the new PEG-N710C color version and is available in English and Japanese versions. Targus Group International is the exclusive worldwide distributor of this version of the Stowaway. Available under the name Targus Stowaway Portable Keyboard for Sony Clié, it has a suggested retail price of US $99."
    Fat's

I'm not pleased. All they need to do is make a little figgin' adaptor for the edge, but they're not. Email time.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

I'm not pleased. All they need to do is make a little figgin' adaptor for the edge, but they're not. Email time.
    Let us know what you hear. Last one I got was August...
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

Let us know what you hear. Last one I got was August...
    Will do.
    -Joshua
    Do you think Sony "expidited" Stowaway's efforts?
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Do you think Sony "expidited" Stowaway's efforts?
    That's the only thing I can think of. Makes me wonder why HS didn't.
    -Joshua

Cash Flow? ...Man... I wonder just how much Sony is flexing behind the scenes...

I think you guys are failing to notice one little thing here...

It supports both the PEG-S300 monochrome and the new PEG-N710C color version and is available in English and Japanese versions.
    When did the S300 come out? That's how long this has taken them. N710C support is only a product of its using the same connector as the S300.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    When did the S300 come out? That's how long this has taken them. N710C support is only a product of its using the same connector as the S300.
    ...mmfhphmmfmphffmff...

..I mean.. oops...

Gee, a company that ensures that accessories will be compatible by maintaining a standard connector... That's so... weird.
    Can you only get this online from Targus?? Or can we get it from amazon etc?
    Though the S300 and the 710 have the same connectors, the devices are shaped differently. Because of the curved bottom of the 710, it doesn't seat firmly in the S300 cradle.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Though the S300 and the 710 have the same connectors, the devices are shaped differently. Because of the curved bottom of the 710, it doesn't seat firmly in the S300 cradle.
    Perhaps, but its obviously close enough to fit the same Stowaway connector.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...

Perhaps, but its obviously close enough to fit the same Stowaway connector.
    Perhaps. But I tried seating my 710 in an S300 cradle and though it stayed in the cradle, It wasn't getting power. I had to push down a litlle and hold it to see the power symbol on the cradle light up. Plus the 710 doesn't lock in place.

IMHO if you have a 710 wait for the keyboard meant for it. Unless you have your PDA insured.

BTW: Don't wave that club at me.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    BTW: Don't wave that club at me.
    I'm not sure why it came out looking like a club in that graphic (and I've been unable to relocate the source of it since I downloaded it). The original graphic is actually a rolled up newspaper. So, should I admonish you for baring your teeth in a seeming warcry at me? ;Þ~~~
    IMHO if you have a 710 wait for the keyboard meant for it. Unless you have your PDA insured.
    Am I missing and/or misinterperting something? I believe the new Stowaway Keyboard for the Clie is built for the N710C (and the S300 as well).

I've been reading about people who've bought it on various boards saying that the 710C fits very firmly onto the new Stowaway.

Apologies for denseness...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Am I missing and/or misinterperting something? I believe the new Stowaway Keyboard for the Clie is built for the N710C (and the S300 as well). [...]
    I don't think you're necessarily misinterpreting anything. I'm of the opinion that the Clie Stowaway was created explictly for the original Clie. This is, of course, conjecture since I don't work for ThinkOutside, Targus, or Sony. It is based on several things, though. First I'm considering the historic lag between past PDA releases and a Stowaway release. Even _Palm's_ lag for the M50x series was longer than Sony's if this was designed with the N710C in mind. However since the N710C shares the same connector, they would be foolish not to promote its compatibility with the N710C when making the announcement. Further considering that the other Stowaways have a bit more open space than cradles, it's not at all surprising that the N710C would fit just as snugly as the S300 despite its slightly different form at the bottom.
    I think ThinkOutside has had protypes for the Clie Stowaway for some time, it was probably originally developed for the original Clies (as Toby has pointed out). I feel they didn't release it though, because of the original Clies fairly poor sales.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    ...Further considering that the other Stowaways have a bit more open space than cradles, it's not at all surprising that the N710C would fit just as snugly as the S300 despite its slightly different form at the bottom.
    a la Prism stowaway compatibility, which was entirely accidental (on Targus' part, anyway).
    -Joshua