1.    #1  
    Ok, now that we know that the Clie version of the Stowaway keyboard is on the way what about a modem? Are there any modem options for Clie owners right now? The new Clie looks great but I'm afraid I would miss the numerous springboards that are already available for Handspring's products (as opposed to memory stick modules sometime in the future, maybe). Don't have the patience to wait again like I did for springboards.
    There is a modem for the Clie. Coming very soon. I think its already out in Japan. And should be here soon.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Yep its out. I saw one in a store today.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Yep its out. I saw one in a store today.
    Problem is that it looks like it attaches on the bottom of the Clie. So I don't think we'd be able to write / reply to emails while online. Nor could we do IM like on the Handspring Units.
    Originally posted by MikeD
    Nor could we do IM like on the Handspring Units.
    One more reason I am going to get the Prism....
    So I don't think we'd be able to write / reply to emails while online. Nor could we do IM like on the Handspring Units.
    ? do you mean that with Handspring you can write/reply to emails *using a stowaway plugged into the bottom of the unit* while the modem is plugged into the springboard at the top? Seems like you could write/reply to emails on a Clie, you'd just have to use Graffiti?

and by the way, how do you IM on a Handspring? (wireless modem?) I thought there was not yet a good Handspring to AOL connection.

thanks
    Originally posted by srwdc1
    how do you IM on a Handspring? (wireless modem?) I thought there was not yet a good Handspring to AOL connection.
    Visor to Smsung 3500 cellphone cable, plus the AOL for palm software - works like a charm!
    The Palm aol software is GREAT! It's just like using aol on your desktop but only with IM and Email (no content). I get all my emails, can IM and have my filing cabinet etc. And yes, you can do this with the springboard modem (while connected) and the stowaway! That's one of the reasons why I don't have a laptop. But I switched to the Clie because I need to be able to see my screen outside as well as inside more than I need to be IM'ing people and checking my aol account.
  9. MPM
    Originally posted by srwdc1
    ? do you mean that with Handspring you can write/reply to emails *using a stowaway plugged into the bottom of the unit* while the modem is plugged into the springboard at the top?
    Although I have not done this myself (I don't have a Springboard modem) I have ready many posts here stating that: yes you can type on the Stowaway while using a modem in the Springboard slot.