Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - Dan Hesse, Sprint Nextel's (S) new CEO, is preparing for war.

    His arsenal is packed with "nukes" - Hesse-speak for anything that has the potential to disrupt the status quo in wireless. One possibility under consideration: flat-rate pricing for unlimited voice calls.
    Link to Article: Sprint CEO aims for winning strategy
  2. #2  
    that would start the "cold war"! forcing other competitors like mine (at&t wireless) to take the same steps. Can you envision unlimitted voice plans on all major carriers for like $60/mo!
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    that would start the "cold war"! forcing other competitors like mine (at&t wireless) to take the same steps. Can you envision unlimitted voice plans on all major carriers for like $60/mo!
    While that would be awesome, I'm sure competing carriers are well aware that Sprint lost over three quarters of a million subscribing customers last year. Add that to the fact that Sprint's coverage and network are a FRACTION of what major carriers like at&t and verizon have, and I'm sure other companies will not follow suit unless there is some sort of MASSIVE migration to sprint's network.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowHead View Post
    While that would be awesome, I'm sure competing carriers are well aware that Sprint lost over three quarters of a million subscribing customers last year. Add that to the fact that Sprint's coverage and network are a FRACTION of what major carriers like at&t and verizon have, and I'm sure other companies will not follow suit unless there is some sort of MASSIVE migration to sprint's network.
    I felt the fraction of no coverage at my house and anywhere north of where I live. Even though I went with at&t, I still have one line with Sprint that isn't out of contract yet so I gave it to my daughter along with my 700P. With my corporate discount and the plan I switched to for my daughter Its rediculous to think Sprint is even making a dime off of me. I still like Sprint and think they are a good carrier...and if they expanded their network and had the Curve(for wife), I would still be with them.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    that would start the "cold war"! forcing other competitors like mine (at&t wireless) to take the same steps. Can you envision unlimitted voice plans on all major carriers for like $60/mo!
    Sprint has had unlimited high speed vision internet available for $15 a month for many years. I kept thinking that Verizon would follow suit (they're $44.99 a month). They still haven't. I'm over at Sprint now, thank you number porting .
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Sprint has had unlimited high speed vision internet available for $15 a month for many years. I kept thinking that Verizon would follow suit (they're $44.99 a month). They still haven't. I'm over at Sprint now, thank you number porting .
    Sprints data pricing is something I will miss for now.
    at&t iPhone3G
  7. #7  
    this may sound blunt.. but very true.. if sprint actually did do something like make their plans unlimited for 60 dollars.. im pretty sure it would attract a LOT of attention.. considering how they have the fastest mobile broadband speeds PERIOD.. think about the fact that you can browse the web faster than any other carrier... and ive seen the coverage maps.. the faction isnt as bad as you make it out to be.. it covers the vast majority.. it jus doesnt get to extremely low populated areas.. like the desert...
    i hate idiots... seriously
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    this may sound blunt.. but very true.. if sprint actually did do something like make their plans unlimited for 60 dollars.. im pretty sure it would attract a LOT of attention.. considering how they have the fastest mobile broadband speeds PERIOD.. think about the fact that you can browse the web faster than any other carrier... and ive seen the coverage maps.. the faction isnt as bad as you make it out to be.. it covers the vast majority.. it jus doesnt get to extremely low populated areas.. like the desert...
    I agree...I went to at&t for two reasons as I have said before, due to increased dropped calls in my new house and further north of it and lack of a device choice my wife really wanted. I can concur about fastest data being that now I am on at&t. It seems at&t 3G network on my BJ II isnt as fast as 3G on Sprint with $j:%ed up blazer unless its something to do with my device but so far I am not impressed with at&t 3G network but I am impressed with at&t voice network. I still have one line with Sprint and if I wanted to put my notebook on the data air waves and had the coverage it would be with Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    and ive seen the coverage maps.. the faction isnt as bad as you make it out to be.. it covers the vast majority..
    No, it most certainly does NOT cover any sort of majority... vast or otherwise.

    http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp

    Dark green areas are the only places where sprint has full coverage. I see a lot more areas without coverage than with, and we're not talking about "extremely low populated areas", we're talking about places like the ENTIRE WEST HALF OF THE COUNTRY.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowHead View Post
    No, it most certainly does NOT cover any sort of majority... vast or otherwise.

    http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp

    Dark green areas are the only places where sprint has full coverage. I see a lot more areas without coverage than with, and we're not talking about "extremely low populated areas", we're talking about places like the ENTIRE WEST HALF OF THE COUNTRY.
    ok retard, since when it matters whether or not its full coverage or not with phone calls.. with sprint you roam for free.. so like i said initially (you dont want to argue with a former employee who knows all the ins and outs about the carrier), the coverage is pretty damn good.. AT&T roams just like a lot of other carriers.. but the fact that they do charge for roaming as well as their nights and weekends starting at 9 are a huge drawback, not to mention how texting is 20 dollars for unlimited.. so if you want me to bring in all the facts, i could destroy AT&T.. the only issue sprint has is crappy customer service.. but when you factor in how much more money you would save with sprint, its a deal breaker for me. i can get more minutes, with my nights an weekends starting at 7 included, newly added fav 3, free roaming, and the unlimited data plan (REMEMBER THE FASTEST BY FAR) for WAY CHEAPER than any soul would see from AT&T.. and god- do i even have to mention the SERO plans?? someone tell this loser he should sit down and do some homework before he tries to bash another carrier.. my signature says it all..
    i hate idiots... seriously
  11. #11  
    The person who should stop bashing is you. Your point could have been made without referring to someone as a retard, looser or as you pointed out in your signature, "*****!"

    All that nonsense wasnt necessary at all. And around here, your former "worked for Sprint" credentials, mean nothing when your attacking someone because their opinion differs from yours!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    ok retard, since when it matters whether or not its full coverage or not with phone calls.. with sprint you roam for free.. so like i said initially (you dont want to argue with a former employee who knows all the ins and outs about the carrier), the coverage is pretty damn good.. AT&T roams just like a lot of other carriers.. but the fact that they do charge for roaming as well as their nights and weekends starting at 9 are a huge drawback, not to mention how texting is 20 dollars for unlimited.. so if you want me to bring in all the facts, i could destroy AT&T.. the only issue sprint has is crappy customer service.. but when you factor in how much more money you would save with sprint, its a deal breaker for me. i can get more minutes, with my nights an weekends starting at 7 included, newly added fav 3, free roaming, and the unlimited data plan (REMEMBER THE FASTEST BY FAR) for WAY CHEAPER than any soul would see from AT&T.. and god- do i even have to mention the SERO plans?? someone tell this loser he should sit down and do some homework before he tries to bash another carrier.. my signature says it all..
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  12. #12  
    you know what, maybe i did get a little carried away; i apologize and i thank you for pointing my crude reply toward his comment, an as for my 'credentials'... i only stated facts, not opinions
    i hate idiots... seriously
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    ok retard

    tee hee, I'm blushing.

    Any point you may try to make ends there. Amazing, needing a cellphone at all when you communicate like a caveman.

    I am, most likely, old enough to date your mother. I feel this earns me some semblance of respect from you. Insults are just out-of-line.

    BTW: I truly do believe you are a former Sprint employee. The following tipped me off...

    -Your wonderful inter-personal skills
    -Your failure to mention that "free roaming" only applies if the majority of your monthly minutes are NOT roaming minutes.
    -Your complete failure to understand your own network and plans
  14. #14  
    you don't have to accept the apology, in fact i'm sure i do deserve that remark you made; but as far as you claiming that i don't understand my own network and plans? amazing.. i stated fact after fact, an sorry to tell you but there has never been a situation where i've seen someone billed because the majority of their minutes were roaming minutes, the only mistake i made was when i said "free" minutes instead of saying roaming is included; which is basically the same concept, you won't get charged extra for using your phone while roaming, they count like anytime minutes
    i hate idiots... seriously
  15. #15  
    Everyones got to remember that Sprint built their network from the ground up. Its the only all digital fiber optic network out their. AT&T and Verizon are carriers structured in mergers on the business end and network as well which helps make their network coverage larger by base. Sprint owns their own towers and doesn't have to lease tower coverage on their PCS netwok on the air waves at least which could be a factor in the reason why they can charge such a great rate. IMHO, Sprint is the fastest data on the block and they haven't even rolled out WiMax yet...if they ever do with their appearant issues lately, and that is why I am keeping one line alive with them with my corporate discount that I gave to my daughter along with my brick(Treo)...if they can get it together and roll out WiMax and extend coverage in my area with high speed data my notebook will be on the data waves hooraah. I know Verizon has EVDO to but it not as snappy as Sprint at times with Sprints higher operating freguency of 1800mhz. Back to the subject, the other two carriers don't own the rights to all of their network and I think we pay in return so AT&T and Verizon charge deeper into the pockets. I am with AT&T now and I have to admit I love the coverage...no more dropped calls for my wife and I where we live and any where we go about and we made sure we tested it within our 30 day trial.
    at&t iPhone3G
  16. #16  
    The Sprint Network's infrastructure quality is definitely better than any GSM provider. Considering you can even do data roaming across other CDMA providers, Sprint is a winner in my book. It doesn't hurt that they have the best network quality and coverage in my area as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  17. #17  
    Sprint has focused so much on being in the forefront for inovation technologically trying to morph into a broadband company totally forgetting about getting back to the basics of what cellular company is about...voice. They can keep it up on advancing into a new broadband spectrum but they need to invest on expanding their network also...fine you can roam but if you are in an area where you roam 50% or more Sprints going to tell you to take a hike and what about areas with no coverage.. The average joe customer just needs to talk on his or her phone and understand nothing we debate about on this forum. I also can understand how hard playing catch up is because Verizon"s large network was adopted through already established network company mergers upon their to date expansion as wher Sprint has built theirs all on their own.
    Last edited by KStewart; 02/16/2008 at 10:25 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  18. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    ok retard, since when it matters whether or not its full coverage or not with phone calls.. with sprint you roam for free.. so like i said initially (you dont want to argue with a former employee who knows all the ins and outs about the carrier), the coverage is pretty damn good.. AT&T roams just like a lot of other carriers.. but the fact that they do charge for roaming as well as their nights and weekends starting at 9 are a huge drawback, not to mention how texting is 20 dollars for unlimited.. so if you want me to bring in all the facts, i could destroy AT&T.. the only issue sprint has is crappy customer service.. but when you factor in how much more money you would save with sprint, its a deal breaker for me. i can get more minutes, with my nights an weekends starting at 7 included, newly added fav 3, free roaming, and the unlimited data plan (REMEMBER THE FASTEST BY FAR) for WAY CHEAPER than any soul would see from AT&T.. and god- do i even have to mention the SERO plans?? someone tell this loser he should sit down and do some homework before he tries to bash another carrier.. my signature says it all..
    You hate idiots -- so I guess you hate yourself.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
  19. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #19  
    Trying to get the thread back on topic a little, I figured I'd share this

    http://consumerist.com/357594/sprint...ed-minute-plan
  20. #20  
    Sprint's looks great as it includes internet, data and texting. Verizon's looks like it's $20 more with those included.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions