Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After a decade long love/hate relationship with Palm products, I'm moving on to the iPhone and switching the Mrs to an 8310 crackberry. I've been using Apple products for close to 25 years and am sure I will not be disappointed.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Alright...good luck....see you back shortly.....

See you back soon
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    nah, he won't be back and that's ok. for some the Treo simply doesn't work any longer. for others, non-Treo devices don't suffice either.

it's ok
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I think I may have retired my Treo usage too for the time being, but the TC forums are so cool. I probably won't leave unless Palm just flat out fails.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have found change is good.
    at&t iPhone3G
    ^ good to hear you two! i know we've had our differences but hey we're somewhat all at the same place today.

peace!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Best of luck!

After years of using Palm (since the V) and Treo (600 - 680), I switched to the iPhone a couple of months ago and I've never been more happy.
    Editor-in-chief, iMore
    Executive producer, Mobile Nations
    Co-host, Iterate, Debug, ZEN & TECH, Ad hoc, MacBreak Weekly
    Cook, grappler, photon wrangler.

http://www.imore.com
    http://www.mobilenations.com
    http://twitter.com/reneritchie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think I may have retired my Treo usage too for the time being, but the TC forums are so cool. I probably won't leave unless Palm just flat out fails.
    Phone Diva....I TOTALLY Agree....I moved on from my Treo actually a few years ago now and I am still here....and over at WMExperts now too! This is just a GREAT community!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    This is just a GREAT community!
    That it is. I remember our excitement when the 650 came out and then when many of us teamed up with Shadowmite on the ROM stuff (I played a small part ).

I miss that. There weren't that many upbeat things to say or report about the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    After a decade long love/hate relationship with Palm products, I'm moving on to the iPhone and switching the Mrs to an 8310 crackberry. I've been using Apple products for close to 25 years and am sure I will not be disappointed.
    The best device is. . . . . the device that does what you need/want it to do, best. For each of us, that is a unique choice.

Stay in touch . . . . we are community.

Cheers, Perry.
    I've noticed there usually ISN'T one device that does it all. I now keep business and fun phones seperate. WM and Palm OS phones are great for business but I really could never use them for music and camera phones. That might change with Sony's Xperia, because they make the best fun phones IMO. Music and camera phones are their specialty. But to me it's just rare to have a phone that covers it all. The iPhone could have done it had they actually fixed their phone management software and developed some apps, even if it was in-house apps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well Ohmster if I dont see ya back here I just wanted to say thanks a ton for all your hard work. You were an excellent resource modding and hacking these gadgets.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Well Ohmster if I dont see ya back here I just wanted to say thanks a ton for all your hard work. You were an excellent resource modding and hacking these gadgets.
    Thanks, James. It was fun for an extended period of time. I got my iPhone on Friday and I had everything transferred and working within an hour. I recall the 650 to 700 transition....

So far, I don't regret my decision one bit. The device is fast, stable, and has a gorgeous display. Edge is definitely slower than EVDO, but I can live with that in exchange for the upsides. I hope I won't be counting resets like I did before....
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Phone Diva....I TOTALLY Agree....I moved on from my Treo actually a few years ago now and I am still here....and over at WMExperts now too! This is just a GREAT community!
    Hobbes, what are you using now?
    Probably WM6 on a Blue Angel!
    Phone Diva,,,,,,,,,,, your looking a little pale in the new Avatar
    I have light skin unless out in the sun all the time(and in skimpy clothes, LOL!). I have the full photo, that's just a thumbnail. But the full one's too big for an avatar. It's definitely me though.

I moved away from a Treo, but still here as a sister has a 650 and the WM section is pretty good.

Phone diva, nice! But, uh may we see the rest?
    Good riddance.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast