Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    UNLOCKED is a biggie.

Also the newer N-series firmware allows Flash. This one also has US 3G. Better camera than the iPhone. There's a whole lot of other stuff built-in out of the box, unlike the iPhone. I have to check the specs again, but they're very impressive.

You don't buy unlocked, unbranded phones do you? $600-$800(sometimes even more) is the norm for those who absolutely MUST get a phone when it first comes out. You know there's going to be a premium.
    again though, you are willing to pay $800 for a phone that you must use t9 to type an email?
    The lastest news is a big step in the right direction for the iPhone. Once the SDK is out, and once good apps are available, and once a 3G version of the iPhone is released, then I might seriously consider it.

Except that I hate AT&T, and I hate the fact that GSM phones interfere with every speaker on every device they get near. I leave my AT&T Blackberry (work, not personal) on my desk, and the speakers for my computer buzz, the speaker in my desk phone buzzes, etc., etc., every time the BB communicates. What an annoying pain in the ****.

So for the time being, I'll stick with my EvDO Treo, that already has all the apps I need, a simple, easy to use interface, and a data plan that's way cheaper than anything AT&T offers for the iPHone.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    again though, you are willing to pay $800 for a phone that you must use t9 to type an email?
    The keyboard argument doesn't work on me. I use T9 all the time, so I don't have a problem with it.

And the phone is so high because it's an advanced multi-media phone with a smartphone OS, and it just came out. But you get the best of both worlds out of the box, unlike on the iPhone where you had to wait a year. June 2007-2008 is a long time for improved software, sorry. Although no where near as bad as Palm, there should have been this type of update at the beginning of the year at the latest, like right after CES.

They're also going for $700 with some importers. It's just the official Nokia stores doing the gouging.

I don't like paying $800 for ANY phone to tell you the truth. But not because the N95-4 is bad for what it offers(it's excellent in fact), but I just have a personal price limit.

P.S. If Nokia N96 appears, Europe(who will likely get it first), may or may not jump for the 3G iPhone as much anymore. Have you seen the specs for that phone? A TV tuner is one.

P.P.S. It's funny how people bash GSM, but all the advanced phones come out in that type.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's funny how people bash GSM, but all the advanced phones come out in that type.
    Just because it is used more widely does not mean it is better. The reason all the advanced devices come out on it is because it is a more widely used technology.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    And the phone is so high because it's an advanced multi-media phone with a smartphone OS, and it just came out. But you get the best of both worlds out of the box
    I guess we will just disagree on this, because to me "the best of both worlds" does not mean t9 to do my email and text. I will never go back to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Just because it is used more widely does not mean it is better. The reason all the advanced devices come out on it is because it is a more widely used technology.
    Maybe so, but I'm not ever going back to locked down CDMA phones, ever. You can at least get a factory GSM phone for free usage. Not so anymore with CDMA, since carriers seem to brand and cripple every single one released here.

It used to be difrerent. I remember the days of your phone was actually yours.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I guess we will just disagree on this, because to me "the best of both worlds" does not mean t9 to do my email and text. I will never go back to that.
    Fair enough.

I use both and still like T9 enough not to turn down a good phone when I see it, LOL!

Maybe so, but I'm not ever going back to locked down CDMA phones, ever. You can at least get a factory GSM phone for free usage. Not so anymore with CDMA, since carriers seem to brand and cripple every single one released here.

It used to be difrerent. I remember the days of your phone was actually yours.
    I would love to see CDMA unlocked and SIM-enabled (or similar technology) but I can't complain about the service I get on my CDMA network.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  9.    #89  
    I just jailbroke my iPhone this afternoon. Simple and painless experience. It opens up a whole new dimension for this device. Other than SplashID and PocketQuicken, I have almost all the functionality I had on the 700p. Let's see how stable it is now....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    You may have voided your warranty. Can it be relocked just in case?

11.    #91  
    You may have voided your warranty. Can it be relocked just in case?
    I didn't unlock; just jailbroke. Significant difference. I'm still locked to AT&T but I now have access to all the third party native applications.

Both can be completely restored to factory settings.

As for stability, 30 hours and no detrimental impacts that I have noticed....sorry, but my 700p would have reset at least twice by now....
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The lastest news is a big step in the right direction for the iPhone. Once the SDK is out, and once good apps are available, and once a 3G version of the iPhone is released, then I might seriously consider it.

Except that I hate AT&T, and I hate the fact that GSM phones interfere with every speaker on every device they get near. I leave my AT&T Blackberry (work, not personal) on my desk, and the speakers for my computer buzz, the speaker in my desk phone buzzes, etc., etc., every time the BB communicates. What an annoying pain in the ****.

So for the time being, I'll stick with my EvDO Treo, that already has all the apps I need, a simple, easy to use interface, and a data plan that's way cheaper than anything AT&T offers for the iPHone.
    I always wondered why every speaker buzzed when I get near it with my iPhone that is so annoying
    Dear Mr. Holden,
    Long time no write so here is background again. LONG time low tech user now 755P. My company changed to an exchange server (whatever that means) from our inhouse server and I cannot get my company email. I appears that my exchange server has a 26 character address for me and that the 755P has a 25 character limit. I am not making this up. I get my personal email with two other Time Warner Roadrunner accounts just fine, as always. Can you help me. Sprint can't and I cannot penetrate the inscrutable remote exchange server phone menu protocols. I am a long time admirer of your posts as we all anticipated new arrivals over the years.
    John Wright (Harvey)
  14.    #94  
    Coming up to 4 weeks and not a single crash/reset. I now have the equivalent of 26 hacks and programs on the device. Really enjoying the 'usage' vs 'fix' factor between the two devices. Eagerly waiting June 2.0 release for EAS and the rumored 3G....
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345