Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have light skin unless out in the sun all the time(and in skimpy clothes, LOL!). I have the full photo, that's just a thumbnail. But the full one's too big for an avatar. It's definitely me though.
    I know,,,,,,, I just couldn't pass up a chance to give ya a hard time. My daughters all have very light skin,,,,, when taking pictures on sunny days we have to have them stand in the shade.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Good riddance.
    I can only assume that:

(A) Your joking.
    (B) You not joking and your tired of "I'm leaving palm/treo posts".
    (C) Your not joking and you don't know Ohmster.

I am betting 70/30 its (C) so I will comments to that assumption. Please correct me if I have mistaken. I agree I am bothered by "I'm leaving posts" from users who have not been a value. But I am interested and I'm sure others in the know are when a valued member of many communities chooses a different hardware and OS. Ohmster is an extremely nice guy, very helpful, moderator of 1 or more excellent gadget resources and a respected software hacker. Users such as this owe the community an explanation if they have chosen a different hardware and OS and do not plan to post here anymore. Its like being at an office dinner party. You don't know and don't care to know when the new fling of the mail clerk decides to leave for the evening but you would be upset if the true blue team leader sneaks out to go do something else for the rest of the evening.

I am not posting to invalidate your opinion. I am posting for readers who may read your post and be unaware of other opinions.
    Answer = B
    Although I switched to an iPhone back in June of last year, I'm with the rest here that I enjoy the community and have enjoyed being part of it, in a small way, over the years. I don't think I've ever said "see ya later" when switching to a new device (and there have been several new devices over the years due to my new-shiny-gadget-thingy-fixation), but I suspect that those who announce a change in devices are doing so for at least a few reasons.

1) They are excited about the change and wish to share their excitement with fellow community members;

2) They feel a sense of deep relief over finally finding what they want or finally taking that big step in making a change (or both); and

3) They believe that by sharing their decision and maybe the process of how they arrived at that decision may be helpful to others who are contemplating the same.

Rather than making remarks like "good riddance", "don't let the door hit you on the....", or similar such comments, wouldn't it be more neighborly to congratulate the person on their decision and be happy for them? It's just a fancy phone.... it's not like we're discussing politics or religion (well, ok, for some it may be a religion, but you get my point)
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    Answer = B
    The answer cannot be "B". To say that the answer is "B" is to say that "B" is more right than "C". Given your post "good riddance", implies that you do not know Ohmster because if you did you would not post "good riddance". Therefore "C", would be more right than "B" which means "C" would have to be the correct answer.

I am not trying to give you a hard time. Again passersby may not fully grasp the wide view of the discussion so I wish only to aid in their comprehension.
    I think that since Ohmster wasn't rude and bashing in his post, the "good riddance" comment was a little mean. There's no need to be mean if the OP wasn't. What are the "Other Device" forums for anyway?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think that since Ohmster wasn't rude and bashing in his post, the "good riddance" comment was a little mean. There's no need to be mean if the OP wasn't. What are the "Other Device" forums for anyway?
    I vote for Phone Diva as "Best Avatar"

And yes... good point about the "Other Device" forum. It's the place for us to talk about our differences... Can't we all just.... get along?
    Exactly: it's always been that way here, hasn't it? It seems some Loyalists monitor this forum only to take their shots.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    I have light skin unless out in the sun all the time(and in skimpy clothes, LOL!). I have the full photo, that's just a thumbnail. But the full one's too big for an avatar. It's definitely me though.

and with the weather we have in chicago now phone diva, i think you're going to be lightskinned for a while! not that you look bad with light skin!
    I've been covered up all winter for sure, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've been covered up all winter for sure, LOL!
    Tell me about it. I'm itching to get my motorcycle out, but it's hard when there's still snow on the ground I really want Spring to.... well.... spring!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    The answer cannot be "B". To say that the answer is "B" is to say that "B" is more right than "C". Given your post "good riddance", implies that you do not know Ohmster because if you did you would not post "good riddance". Therefore "C", would be more right than "B" which means "C" would have to be the correct answer.

I am not trying to give you a hard time. Again passersby may not fully grasp the wide view of the discussion so I wish only to aid in their comprehension.
    Excuse me, but who are you to tell me what my answer is? It's B, got it? But at least in this thread I found something I am already more sick of.
    Excuse me, but who are you to tell me what my answer is? It's B, got it? But at least in this thread I found something I am already more sick of.
    What's with all the anger? Has your Treo hard-reset one too many times?
    Bri Guy: now That was low... and, very funny...
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Got it..... just havin fun...

Ya the weathers been nuts here. Tornado then Ice storm Tornado then flood...... It wasn't like this when I lived in Kansas City

Also I second the luscious avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri Guy View Post
    What's with all the anger? Has your Treo hard-reset one too many times?
    Nope.. just once when I upgraded to WM6. Just seems like when people show up here to say goodbye, they almost seem to be gloating over it.

I tried out 10 phones for 2 days each (including an iPhone) when I chose my device. Went with a Treo 750, and it does everything I have asked of it and far more.

It almost feels like some people like to get new devices just to be able to brag about them.
    Maybe they gloat because they found something they truly like. How many people are able to get what they really like? Many times these phones are issued through work, or you have to buy them for work, and you have no choice.

I'm just lucky I like smartphones better, otherwise I would be gloating over high end Sony Ericsson phones(better than any other fun phone out there, even iPhone to some degree).

I sold the iPhone after 5 months...loved it for certain things, hated it for others. Not getting into it now.

To each his own, for sure. BUT, I will say that with an SDK public and 3G I'd drop the Treo/Q9H in a heartbeat

Good luck with your iPhone, the wow factor is truly amazing
  19.    #39  
    James,

Thanks for your support.

All,

I did not post to gloat or glee over a new toy. And if it came off that way, I apologize. As I said, I've been on the Palm Platform since 1998. It served me well for many years and there was a time in my life I really enjoyed hacking and tweaking devices. I still do, but to a much lesser extent. Today, I need functionality first and foremost. I spent a lot of time rebuilding my 650 into a device that was truly exceptional. I could not say the same for the 700p. The maintenance to usability ratio was too high (for me; so no flames, please).

The iPhone has many issues (try switching email accounts--what a pain). But on the positive side, it is stable, it is fast, and now that my machines at home and at work are all macs, the syncing is absolutely seamless.

So, I have a solution that works for me. That really is all there is to it. I started this thread only to let those who know me that I was moving on. Not to anything better necessarily, just to something more suited for my needs. I spent many months contemplating the change and at this point in time, I believe it was the right move.

And it is a great community so I anticipate lurking for some time to come.

Good night.
    Last edited by Ohmster; 02/19/2008 at 12:16 AM.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I found something I truly like and I did not goat...I just said change is good. I started a thread just to state I was a convert to WM, and thats all. The goodby, see ya later attittude is geating old IMO.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast