Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as the title says.... i just couldn't wait anymore.
    at so ever
    this blackberry OS is nice. very stable and no problems what so ever.

i the the pearl for now and will get the curve the day it comes out. retentions deal below. couldn't pass it up.

i called to add a 5th line to my family plan. figured i would see what they could do on a blackberry and blackberry plan.here is what i got...

pearl for $54. (they gave me $75 dollars of the $129 price.)

BES unlimited web ($39)
    unlimited text messaging ($10)
    sprint navigation ($10)
    add unlimited text on another existing line for my daughter ($10)

They gave all that to me for $5 bucks. i had them match the data plan that i was using with the windows mobile device on the blackberry.

so in english.... i have a $64 dollar credit on my account every month. i have verified this IS on my account by calling back the next day and confirming.

Got to love sprint.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    yeah, I'm pretty much assuming the 800 isnt coming out in any real timetable since I am due for an upgrade-I will be switching to sprint for cero, baby

id hate to get an 800w after waiting all this time, only to need a firmware update that is also many many months behind
    Couldn't wait anymore myself...got a Blackjack II and switched carriers to at&t. I also got my wife the BB Curve and she loves it. I was really impressed by it myself.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Yep, ordered a Pearl today.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Cody,

Please stick around as your posts are always good. Congrats on your new device. I went BB years ago when they first hit the market (I don't remember the model...pager-sized thing, then on to the 7000 series for a few years). When I upgraded my mail server to SBS 2003 it was either $800 for the new BES software (now free for small business!...jerks!), or $400 for a 700w. I decided to try the 700w. After a year and 3 of them, VZW gave me ("gave"...new) a 700wx. I've been pretty happy ever since. My wife has an 8000 series BB from her work. I can still work the thing and it certainly is a darn good device. But I love all the hacks on my 700wx (many of which you pointed out) and can't go back to BB just yet. But I certainly agree with you that it's about time for a new device!
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    at so ever

i the the pearl for now and will get the curve the day it comes out. retentions deal below. couldn't pass it up.

i called to add a 5th line to my family plan. figured i would see what they could do on a blackberry and blackberry plan.here is what i got...

BES unlimited web ($39)
    sprint navigation ($10)

They gave all that to me for $5 bucks. i had them match the data plan that i was using with the windows mobile device on the blackberry.

so in english.... i have a $64 dollar credit on my account every month. i have verified this IS on my account by calling back the next day and confirming.

Got to love sprint.

cody

wow. how do you guys do this?
    Congrats! I have had my pearl for 6 weeks now & couldn't be happier. I got it for $100 & I have the $30 plan which includes GPS, unlimited text, web, etc. But I have a recurring credit of $20 per month. So I still pay the $10 a month for my data. Although to be honest I am really waiting for a google phone. I think that will be the device to beat! Or devices...
    at so ever

BES unlimited web ($39)
    sprint navigation ($10)

Got to love sprint.

cody
    Wow...thats quite a deal. How much is your voice plan. Sounds like you have quite a few lines so maybe they gave you an extra break.

I am thinking of going back to bberry too. Would be interested to hear how you are finding things like usablity for browsing the web which I use my treo a lot for too. I have a 2 year old treo and its time for a new phone, so very tempted to just jump the boat also.
  9.    #9  
    well... the blackberry SUCKS. i am returning it and going back to windows mobile. i even gave the palm 755p a try.

windows mobile may not be perfect, but it is better than anything out there. trust me... i have looked.

hope you guys for give me for ever thinking of leaving. lol.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    you are forgiven my son, lol.

welcome back
    What happened with the blackberry? I've been thinking of getting a Pearl, but don't want to leave my Treo just yet. Any words of wisdom for me?
    The Blackberry OS is simple for getting the job done. Its not for those who like to hack, tweek and geek their devices as WM fullfills for some who need that medicine in their everyday lives.
    at&t iPhone3G
    ^ +1000

but it's taken some so long to understand this.

nothing happened with the blackberry, it's what didn't happen with Palm.

if you don't need to have your entire life managed by your device, and if you can be honest about not really having to edit and work in Excel spreadsheets, then the Pearl, Curve might be just for you.

give one a shot
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Cody. Glad you're back in the fold.
    WM wouldn't have been the same without your tweaks and input!
    I started to break into a cold sweat when I heard that you were going to a BB.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  15.    #15  
    my biggest problem was the calendar. i had no cateagories. no way of filtering. it was just hard to keep organized. i was shocked to see such a simple app on the blackberry. with all the professionals out the i would think this would be better on the blackberry.

second biggest problem was ringer. i have used a "ring and vibe" for at least 5 years now on over 10 phones. why blackberry only does "ring then vibe" is beyond me.

the phone was stable. what it did it did very well. it's not alsays about the hacks which i would love if we never had to do. it's the things it does right out of the box that matter the most.

plus i couldn't even find a 3rd party app for the calendar. we all know there are many for the WM devices.

to each his own though.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Cody. Glad you're back in the fold.
    WM wouldn't have been the same without your tweaks and input!
    I started to break into a cold sweat when I heard that you were going to a BB.
    thanks buddy, i was really starting to miss the community as well. just a lot of good people here.

i hope everyone can for give me for ever thinking of leaving. lol.

you know.... for those who are unhappy with there device... they need to go without for a week. i know i cant wait for the ups guy today.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    By the way, what are you going to be using until the 800W comes out? Last I checked, you went from the 700Wx, to the Mogul, and to the Touch.
    I've kept my 700Wx and my Mogul, and switch back and forth with online ESN swaps on sprint.com. I also am impatient for the 800W!
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    ^ +1000

but it's taken some so long to understand this.

nothing happened with the blackberry, it's what didn't happen with Palm.

if you don't need to have your entire life managed by your device, and if you can be honest about not really having to edit and work in Excel spreadsheets, then the Pearl, Curve might be just for you.

give one a shot
    I can understand those who need to work on documents on their device. I personally don't, I utilize my laptop for that. My device is mainly used for email if I am out in the field away from my laptop but not too far away and sometimes at work managing my work schedule and personal. I use my laptop for most of everything...my device fills some of my needs when on the fly as a redundant function.
    at&t iPhone3G
    my biggest problem was the calendar. i had no cateagories. no way of filtering. it was just hard to keep organized. i was shocked to see such a simple app on the blackberry. with all the professionals out the i would think this would be better on the blackberry.

second biggest problem was ringer. i have used a "ring and vibe" for at least 5 years now on over 10 phones. why blackberry only does "ring then vibe" is beyond me.

the phone was stable. what it did it did very well. it's not alsays about the hacks which i would love if we never had to do. it's the things it does right out of the box that matter the most.

plus i couldn't even find a 3rd party app for the calendar. we all know there are many for the WM devices.

to each his own though.
    Totally understand. Me being new to WM makes me happy to see you back as I grow into this. Your contributions to the forum says it all.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I'm extremely happy with my switch to the Pearl. Extremely. Makes me wish I hadn't been so loyal to Palm for so long.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast