Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Just curious because I'm seriously considering the change and I use this a lot.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Just curious because I'm seriously considering the change and I use this a lot.
    yes it is possible
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ... but it's a PITA, just like most navigational functions on a BlackBerry, at least on my 7130e. Oh, and it doesn't work in some contexts, like web forms.

A bit OT, but I carry a business BB 7130e and a personal Treo 755p. If I were allowed to connect the Treo to my company's network, I'd gladly ditch the (free-to-me phone & service) BB and just carry the Treo. In fact, that's exactly what I did before my company decommissioned their OneBridge server. The BB just doesn't support the functionality I need, with or without 3rd party apps.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I don't see what is a pita. It is pretty easy for me on my pearl!
    ^ +1

easy as pie
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    To answer my own question, it's extremely simple. I wish I hadn't been so stubborn for so long and held out for Palm. Blackberries are awesome!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    To answer my own question, it's extremely simple. I wish I hadn't been so stubborn for so long and held out for Palm. Blackberries are awesome!
    I totally agree. Its kind of like making the switch from a pc to a mac.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

But still the problem with the BB is that they don't have a check program that will synch with Quicken. I went to the Motorola Q9c until the Treo 800W hits the streets (when when). I will then proceed to the Android if it has the Treo "form" and will try the Linux Palm in when it arrives but if Android runs Palm programs what will be my reason to stay with Palm? Palm will have to shine in the Hardware design and also the software area!!
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    I totally agree. Its kind of like making the switch from a pc to a mac.
    + a grazillion.....have now fully converted the home over to Mac.....so much happier.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve