Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://forum.phonedifferent.com/

Interesting I've own the treo 270, 300, 600, 650, 680, 700, 750, 755, and even the Centro...For those who are waiting on "THE NEXT TREO" your wasting your time. Forget all that you've invested in it. It will never add up to the innovation that the iphone has. Yes I spent about $100 -$250 in software over the years but you you loose some but definitely you will win one. Believe me I was just like you for as long as I could remember stating that I would never leave palm. I decided to purchase a 16g Iphone. All I can say is, this smartphone, it's the fckin wow factor. Almost everything you have on your treo I uploaded (bookmarked the apps) it on my phone for free the first day I got it. And yes they are web apps but hey...I came to realize what does that matter assuming you pay your bill and your phone works in coverage areas you travel whats the big deal if you dont agree than say hello to the SDK (Software developers kit, allowing native apps for install) yes i know about the Iphone hacks however thats another story but anyway it is said to be out in a few weeks or so. This thing is far beyond its time 1k better than any treo. The keyboard took a while to get use to but after a day or two. I would ever want to go back to a "real" keyboard, lol! The email is yes "PUSH" sign up for an yahoo account have all your account forward to that inbox and hey will be there in less than 45 seconds at the most. I even sat there counting while waiting for them to arrive. Also you can include any IMAP or POP3 accounts as well for incoming and outgoing DUDE this phone is serious. This is just the surface of what I think of the iphone, any question feel free...loyal Iphone customer, lol!
    Last edited by KreativeArtz; 02/07/2008 at 04:53 PM.
    Well good for you....

The iPhone will never do what the Treo does and BTW, it will never be a Treo.....Or a Centro either.

If you want another iPhone when that one breaks down, you can have the one I won't be getting.

No reason I can think of for going GSM and slow Edge speed either.....

I agree.

How's using these on the iPhone?
    • Slingbox (and/or stream from other video sites)
    • GooSync (or some type of mobile Google calendar syncing)
    • LED and repeat alerts/notifications
    • Copy/paste
    • 3G
    • Exchange support
    • A2DP
    • 2-way call recorder
    • Ignore call with SMS
    • GPS
    • Push-to-talk (GSM Centro)
    • MMS (receive, that is)

Oh lemme guess... you don't do that "stuff" on the iPhone, so no biggy, right? Well, some of us do which is why we bought a smartphone...

Meanwhile, what exactly can an iPhone do that my WM Treo or Centro cannot?
    Last edited by Malatesta; 02/07/2008 at 04:37 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Well I disagree with the GSM statement because I love worldwide capable phones. BUT yeah, the iPhone is NO smartphone! And EDGE is getting outdated for the times. The iPhone just has the best screen on any phone and that's the real reason people love it so much.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    LOL! I do admit you got me there , I use to keep telling myself the same things. Until I said the hell with it...let me go and see what the hype is all about. DUDE! Ok I admit, I miss slingbox, LED and repear alerts, copy and paste lol of corse 3G, Exchange support - I use my Curve 8320 as of now. I can tell you one thing I dislike about the Iphone though...the frekin sms pops up and it cant be hidden when you are browsing or on a phone call. Its a huge flaw to me but all I can do at this point is wait and hopefully they will fix that shiz on the 1.1.4 update.

I will still never go back to a treo, lol! thanks for your reply though "Malatesta"
  6.    #6  
    "Phone Diva" I agree the screen is sick especially the ability to "pinch"
    My Palm is first and foremost my contacts and calendar management. This is does great and I use these functions greatly. My Co-worker was showing off his iPhone and I had to laugh because while he claimed it was great, I showed him how he needed 2 hands to get to his contacts and calendar and it took more steps verus the Palm. The simplicity and adaptability of the Palm smartphone is what keeps me using it, from day one using the first Palm. It is still to me the best for what I use it most for, hands down.

The only competitive product I might consider is WinMobile, but combined with the voice command function as my other coworker has this and uses it, but it is still not flawless and the re-investment in all the SW, so for now, my phone works great and I have lots of apps that enhance my smartphone.
  8.    #8  
    Thats wierd..I only use a thumb "alphanstein" to navigate. On the iphone Calendar is great and Contacts are excellent again using only a thumb to navigate quickly through hundreds of contacts. Previously using my treo, it would of taken a bit more time using the "stylus" and holding the phone with "the other hand" ok yeah it has a directional but no biggie though.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Why should we care?
    Alarms are NOT so great though, I could barely hear mine. Did they fix that in the update?

WM alarms are good and loud, so much so I can't ignore them, which is good when something important has to be done.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm waiting for the 3G version of the iPhone, a ATT exec mentioned it in a comment to some news media saying it was due out at the end of 2008
    garinballbarin
    Quote Originally Posted by KreativeArtz View Post
    Interesting I've own the treo 270, 300, 600, 650, 680, 700, 750, 755, and even the Centro...For those who are waiting on "THE NEXT TREO" your wasting your time.
    I find it ironic you went as far past the 650 as you did (looks like 5 more models?) in your Treo evolution and only now came to this conclusion? No wonder you think the iPhone is the best thing since sliced bread - you have no idea of the capability that even a mediocre phone can offer, let alone a good one.
    The iPhony is a step back in so many ways (one-handed usability, apps, KB, actually being able to DO things). I am convinced that its success is a product of Apple's superb marketing department, and that if Palm released the same damn phone, people would be calling for Colligan's resignation.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ... iPholeo???
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    i'm most likely moving to the iTouch as i'm not using the phone at all (itouch wasn't available then). my trusty Pearl continues to be my day to day workhorse.

glad you like yours though
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    My wife has played with my Treo many times and seen its capabilities and when I switched to at&t I offered to get her an iPhone since its screen is so perty but this blond doesn't get hipnotized by a shiny object, she flat out told me she didn't want it and she couldn't see it being as capable as a PDA phone and she wanted a real PDA and she wanted the Curve. My wife is not as dumb as I thought in the PDA department.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I notice that a few new phones coming out are somewhat imitating the iPhone's use of cool graphics for the interface. The interface icons seem to light up and the screen resolution and colors are better. Also some have almost-touchscreen(they're still raised but barely) buttons. They aren't smartphones either, but I just thought it was interested to note. I get the feeling the iPhone may have influenced some of these designs.

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    for myself, I love the form factor of the treo and contacts and calendar via Outlook is my primary concern - then of course theres the small issue of stereo bluetooth not available on the iphone - but it's a minor issue and is of no concern to anyone....
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    and furthermore, I'm NEVER giving up my $30/ mo sero plan with unlimited data - EVER!!!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I detect sarcasm. Of course it's an issue when almost all other high end phones offer stereo bluetooth!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast