Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Except that it wasn't posted here. It was moved here.
    But you are still discussing it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Its not marginal at all for my business needs.
    Which speaks more to what you consider "business needs" than it does to the iPhone's ability to support a person who needs a minimum subset of business-related capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    People complain that the iPhone isn't good enough for their business needs yet say that they need their Treo for Slingbox and games.

What kind of business requires Slingbox and games? I want to work there!
    Looks like that point sailed right over your head. Real smartphone owners are past comparing how superior their WM/Treo/Nokia/Blackberry are in performing common, everyday business functions. They simply go one further to say their "business oriented" phone also has superior entertainment capability than the "iPod in a phone." There's no arguing against the iPhone's superior, pretty screen and slick, physics-based interface. But, for one of the first times in Apple's history, they distributed a devce in which form clearly won out over function. There are a lot of Apple diehards claiming Apple is headed down the same path with OSX.
    If the iPhone is so poor for business, then it certainly is even more remarkable how popular they are becoming for people in business. There have been many articles about this, e.g. in the link below. And once Exchange is available, it will only be opened up further.

http://www.news.com/iPhone-finds-fav...3-6232280.html
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Real smartphone owners are past comparing how superior their WM/Treo/Nokia/Blackberry are in performing common, everyday business functions. They simply go one further to say their "business oriented" phone also has superior entertainment capability than the "iPod in a phone." There's no arguing against the iPhone's superior, pretty screen and slick, physics-based interface. But, for one of the first times in Apple's history, they distributed a devce in which form clearly won out over function. There are a lot of Apple diehards claiming Apple is headed down the same path with OSX.
    are you the voice for "real smartphone owners?". TO ME the iPhone feels very smart.
    TO ME the iPhone feels very smart.
    Says more about you than the phone.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Says more about you than the phone.

Surur

I was wondering when you would chime in. As usual, thanks for the insult. I bow down to your smartphone brilliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    People complain that the iPhone isn't good enough for their business needs yet say that they need their Treo for Slingbox and games.

What kind of business requires Slingbox and games? I want to work there!
    I take it you've never had an office job...
    I use my iPhone for business purposes everyday. I check my imap email, and I sync my calendar and contacts. Exactly what I used my previous blackberry, and before that a treo for. I cannot think (for my needs) anything those previous phones did better.

I have never used mms a day in my life, and dont really care about 3g as browsing is already fantastic on my iphone. I love it when people try to tell you what features you need on a phone for it to be considered a smartphone. My iPhone is pretty smart to me. Sorry Kupe, not everybody needs the features you do.
    You will care about 3G when you sew the speed. But at least the iPhone has wifi.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Once the iPhone fixes it's horrible lack of phone list management(all or nothing does NOT cut it! You also cannot select who to show Caller ID to nor use call barring) and provides louder, more efficient alarms, THEN I can use it a little for business.

But my domain email syncing also needs to be fixed on the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    TO ME the iPhone feels very smart.
    Like they say in the Apple marketing spaces: "Think Different."
    i would like to be able to delete more than one email message at a time.

hi!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i would like to be able to delete more than one email message at a time.

hi!
    Me too.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You will care about 3G when you sew the speed. But at least the iPhone has wifi.
    Admittedly, my Treo was EDGE only. However, the big problem was not EDGE so much as it was Blazer. EDGE with Safari on the iPhone is so much better that I have dropped all data on my Treo. I doubt that WiFi with Blazer would cut the mustard.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Once the iPhone fixes it's horrible lack of phone list management(all or nothing does NOT cut it! You also cannot select who to show Caller ID to nor use call barring) and provides louder, more efficient alarms, THEN I can use it a little for business.

But my domain email syncing also needs to be fixed on the iPhone.
    agree about the louder alarms.
    I just got a Nokia N81 8GB, already it's winning over the iPhone. Built in call management, FM radio, ability to use IM apps, STANDARD headphone jack with no adapter needed, excellent speakers, ability to use your OWN ringtones, OS that actually accepts apps out of the box, etc.

It doesn't have the cool screen though. But I can live with what it does have.

^ nice looking device with the exception of that keypad slider. how does one type on it?
    I have smaller hands. I don't recommend it for people with big hands or fingers though.

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Admittedly, my Treo was EDGE only. However, the big problem was not EDGE so much as it was Blazer. EDGE with Safari on the iPhone is so much better that I have dropped all data on my Treo. I doubt that WiFi with Blazer would cut the mustard.
    If the iphone is so great, why do you still have a Treo at all?

As far as edge, it sucks, far more that Blazer sucks. My 700P w/ Blazer is way, way faster than any device I've used on Edge. The SDK, if it ever really gets here, may fix most of the iPhones rough edges, but not building 3G into the device was just idiotic. I can't imagine what Jobs was thinking.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    As far as edge, it sucks, far more that Blazer sucks. My 700P w/ Blazer is way, way faster than any device I've used on Edge. .
    i wouldn't be so fast. have you ever spent a good amount of time with an iPhone? i have found it to be much faster in rendering web pages than any of my old Treos.

to each his own i suppose, and at this juncture, i really couldn't care less.
    Blazer is probably loading WAP and mobile sites on EVDO. That would be faster.

I do agree that because iPhone loads full pages on EDGE, it is a bit slow. And that's how my battery gets drained, it draws too much power while loading full pages and also HTML email. There should be an option to load WAP sites if you want. Even if that's not what Jobs wanted, sometimes it's more convenient. I actually prefer WAP sites due to less load time. Graphics take up too much space and bandwidth on any phone IMO. Perhaps a 3G iPhone could indeed solve this problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast