Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    how manys of u out there are thinking of replacing ur prism with clie 710c ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not me. Having played with the Clie a few times now, I can say that while the screen is a lot brighter than the m505 screen, it's nowhere near as bright as the Prism. And I just couldn't go back to squinting ever again. This is too bad - images on the Clie screen are really, really sharp. But they're just too dim. Maybe some day the technology will be there, but I'll stay with the Prism until a high resolution, soft graffiti area unit comes out - provided that it has a bright screen.

Also, while the high resolution helps with images, I found that it actually hurts for text. I felt like I was looking at something written with an extremely fine point pen versus the bold - although admittedly more pixellated - lines of standard resolution screens. Maybe the Clie font can be set to bold - that might help. But I didn't check.
    The Clie is a pretty awesome PDA, I think as far a style it has to be one of the best looking units so far. As far as replacing my Prism I have been extremely happy with it so far and the features that Clie offers is not enough to dump my Prism. Im going to wait for the next color PDA that incorporates the virtual grafitti area, perhaps it will be one from Handspring??
    I agree . . . I'm waiting for a COLOR handheld w/ a virtual grafitti area . . .

I'd like to see HANDERA make it . . . that's one slick machine . . .
    leslie
    Prism Addict
    I agree . . . I'm waiting for a COLOR handheld w/ a virtual grafitti area . . .

Count me in too.

I don't want to commit to memstik.

I'll just sit here, happily playing with my Prism/memplug/64mb/stowaway/56kmodem
    --until HS or Handera MAKE me buy a new one.
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    It would be great if H'spring came out with a 66Mhz "PrismII" with a 320x320 ACTIVE MATRIX display to satisfy those hooked on those bright, bold colors.

This would be in addition to the Color Edge with the reflective screen that is probably on the way.

After these price wars, expect to pay a premium for either.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    I would, except I have a half-dozen plus spingboards. Going to a Clie would force me to give up too much functionality, not to mention the lost investment.

It is tempting however. I just hope HS comes out with a Clie beater - I'd shell out some dough for that.
    I'm in the same boat as you, VTL!
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    I too am in the same boat, $400 worth of Springboards isn't something I'd give up at a garage sale easily, plus the Prism. The thing is...$250 of that is a backup module, ThinModem+, and a MemPlug...all the memory portions of those come built-in with the Clie!
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    I too am in the same boat, $400 worth of Springboards isn't something I'd give up at a garage sale easily, plus the Prism. The thing is...$250 of that is a backup module, ThinModem+, and a MemPlug...all the memory portions of those come built-in with the Clie!
    I moved on to the Clie last Friday and am very happy with it . I was never unhappy with my Prism, I just wanted more multimedia features in my PDA plus the ability to view outside is nice. I will be passing on my Prism to my fiance(she had a VDX) which she is excited to get. So I will still get to see its very rich display.

As far as the Clie goes, I think its 320x320 reflective 8bit color display is great!!! I've wowed many people with in the past few days because the all think I'm showing 16bit images and I say nope 8bit for now. Sony should be coming out with a Palm OS 4.0 update and it'll be 16bit color though it can do 16bit already and was proven with a little app by Red Mercury called sixteen.

Nothing is wrong with swithing to a new PDA or staying with what you got. Whether its Handspring, Sony, Handera, or Palm, IBM, etc, they all run the Palm OS. As long as the Palm platform has what you need . . . stick with it.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    I will be passing on my Prism to my fiance(she had a VDX) which she is excited to get. So I will still get to see its very rich display.
    Hm, thats it! Rather than sell my Prism I'll just get myself a fiance! Thanks for the tip!
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols

Hm, thats it! Rather than sell my Prism I'll just get myself a fiance! Thanks for the tip!
    LOL
    -Mikedemo
    I'm seriously considering switching to the Clie...
    And a main reason is the damn Prism keeps having its paint rubbing off, I can get Handspring Singapore to keep changing the set for me but it's just too inconvenient...

And the Clie's high-res screen rocks.... it is not as bright as Prism, but it is acceptable to me, unlike the m505 which is "splat"..
    Regards,
    Ben@SPUG
    -sigh- Well, I'm guilty. I went ahead on Wednesday and bought myself a CLIE.

I LIKE it. A lot. I went to CompUSA to check it out, hoping that would make me decide not to get it, and then I realized just how great it was...

It's slimmer than the Prism, is metal (or very hard plastic, which I doubt ), the alarm is louder (I NEVER could hear my Prism go off (I keep it in a EB Slipper case clipped to my belt)), and of course has the high-res screen.

Of course the fact that I only have ONE Springboard module (Eyemod 2) helped. And also that the only ones I'd been looking into getting were either the MP3 player or the Memplug... and now I've got both of those features built in...
    Originally posted by CaptainCaveman

I LIKE it. A lot. I went to CompUSA to check it out, hoping that would make me decide not to get it, and then I realized just how great it was...

It's slimmer than the Prism, is metal (or very hard plastic, which I doubt ), the alarm is louder (I NEVER could hear my Prism go off (I keep it in a EB Slipper case clipped to my belt)), and of course has the high-res screen.

Of course the fact that I only have ONE Springboard module (Eyemod 2) helped. And also that the only ones I'd been looking into getting were either the MP3 player or the Memplug... and now I've got both of those features built in...
    Welcome to the club

Check this great clie user group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CLIE_Users_Group
    -Mikedemo
    i couldn't resist the 320x320 display.....
    Originally posted by CaptainCaveman

Which slipper case? ebcases.com still lists the 710 case as "coming soon in mid-June"
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    The PEG-N710c top is metal, the bottom is a very hard plastic. Still feels very sturdy to me. Don't forget the form factor is excellent. feels good in hand like a prism but fits in pocket like a Palm V.
    -Mikedemo
    Originally posted by slotmachine

Which slipper case? ebcases.com still lists the 710 case as "coming soon in mid-June"
    I'm pretty sure he was saying he had his Prism in the EB Slipper case, not the Clie.
    I finally saw a 710 for the first time yesterday. While the text is "sharp as a tack", the screen was just way too dark. I'll wait for Handspring's new slim color device.
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast