1.    #1  

Pocketnow.com has just finished up a spate of articles pitting the Motorola Q9h against the BlackJack II (Samsung Jack if you're nasty). Go on and take a look at Brandon's opinions (including some nice videos), then come on back and take a look at mine.

These two devices are particularly well-suited to a head-to-head, both seemingly have identical feature sets. Once you move past a spec listing, though, and actually use the device day to day, you'll find that it's the little things that get ya. I initially took a look at the BlackJack II and the Q9h and saw that both phones share:

- Windows Mobile 6 Standard
    - HSDPA
    - GPS
    - 240x320 Screen
    - TI OMAP 2420 Processor (more on that in a bit)
    - 256mb ROM, around 100mb RAM

You look at the above and you think - “These are basically identical phones. Obviously I want the one with the better form factor and the better battery life.” That, my friends, would be the BlackJack II. Done, right? Not so much - read on to find out why.

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma...ckjack_ii.html
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Nice job Dieter and, as a happy Q9h owner, couldn't agree more. The BlackJack I and II are great looking devices, but the Q has them beat on small usage points that add up to big differences in the long run.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I went into an AT&T store the other day, and the BJII was $99 while the Q9h was $299 (both with the same 2 year contract). So maybe that should factor into your analysis. BJII seems like the far better value.
    Whoa - I hadn't realized the price difference was so VAST.

Wow. Alright, BJII just picked up a notch or 4... Dang it, somebody else is using our office's BJII, now I want to give it another run for a week or two and see if I change my mind...
    I know that you were originally a fan of the BJII over the Q9H, but I guess after a while of using both your opinion changed?
    The Blackjack II had tri-band UMTS/HSDPA while the Q9H only has domestic. That alone makes the Blackjack the one for me, provided I get it unlocked. However if you always stay in North America, then that may not matter.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The more I use the BJII, the more I'm impressed. The last WM Standard phone I used was the old Motorola MP220(?) flip phone. WM Standard has come a long way and the full keyboard helps tremendously.

I think the Q9's biggest drawback (real or percieved) is it's wide body. I'm just wondering if it's necessary? Is it designed wide to make room for some internal part or just to stand out? I'm sure it's something you'de get use to but that initial impression goes a long way in choosing something.
    Yeah Standard is even better than Pro, if you can stand no touchscreen. I can get through the menu faster without a launcher. Although I think some important options are missing(anti-aliasing). But other than that, it's fine.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have a Q9c and I have to agree that the width is something to get used to, but once I start typing on it, well, that width no longer matters. The kb is great on the new Q9x series phones. I just could never get a good feel for the BJ after having a Q - but I have only tried it in the store a few time. But as with most phones/PDA's - it's just what you get used to.

However, I too was shocked that the price of the Q9h was the same as the Tilt!
    Someone in the AT&T reviews under the phones recommended the Q9h over the Treo 750, and the phone is generally rated as excellent. I may test one just for the heck of it.