Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by Black_Dragon
    . . . I have the same problem with the SD/MMC modules that stick out as well. I actually have more faith in the memory stick ones since they have more "stick" to leverage against.

Springboard is, of course, perfect.
    Point taken
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by bkbk
    "stick-out-sticks"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LOL!

Hey buddy, your "stick-out-stick" is showing!

Excuse me, has anyone seen my "stick-out-stick" around?

I'm saving up for a bigger "stick-out-stick".

Hey big boy, is that your "stick-out-stick" or is that your "stick-out-stick"?

That guy is a little short in the "stick-out-stick" department, if you know what I mean.
    Originally posted by gbgood
    quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Originally posted by bkbk
    "stick-out-sticks"
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    LOL!
    <snip>
    2) Hey big boy, is that your "stick-out-stick" or is that your "stick-out-stick"?
    1) It looks like I've finally made it into the high-tech dictionary....
    2) Reminds me of Mae West's "Is that a 'stick-out-stick' [in your pocket], or are you just glad to see me?"
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    Originally posted by bkbk
    2) Reminds me of Mae West's "Is that a 'stick-out-stick' [in your pocket], or are you just glad to see me?" [/B]
    *Ahem* Or my signature. Please tell me you all have figured that out by now
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    LOL!

Yes, slotmachine, you are exactly who I was referring to!

ha,ha
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by gbgood
    LOL!

Yes, slotmachine, you are exactly who I was referring to!

ha,ha
    Whoops, didn't mean to be a "stick-out-stick" in the mud!
    I have an awful feeling that those modules are going to have a very rough time of it.

1) They'll pop off as easily as the head of a dandelion unless they're made out of titanium, in which case they'll bend.

2) If the designers attempt to get around this by adding a frame outside the stick that attaches to the device, the module will not be usable in existing Memory Stick devices.

It's a shame, because to be honest, I prefer the Memory Stick form factor to that of CF or MMC. I'm very dubious of most of those designs, except the fingerprint sensor.
    I guess the same module fragility goes with the SD modules also.
    Fat's
    I hope Sony thinks of practical things. For instance, to use the GPS s.o.s, you'll have to yank your memory stick. So there should be a few MB of memory onboard the GPS s.o.s. so you won't be forced to load huge maps into main memory.
  10.    #30  
    MemoryStick seems to be gaining steam.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6282230.html
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    http://www.yapn.com.tw/forums/thread...threadid=25028

Here are some more pictures of memory stick modules. The site is in Chinese, so I could not tell what they are saying, but the pictures are interesting.

I liked the "speaker stick" and the "camera stick" and the "GPS stick" look pretty cool.

How the hell did they put in a screen display on those tiny stick? These were suppose to be sticks that can operate independently from the Clie. I didn't know that a digital camera and the GPS could be that tiny.

Sony seem to have solved the "stick-out-stick" problem by making the stick out part hinged.
    Fat's
    Originally posted by Fat_Man
    I guess the same module fragility goes with the SD modules also.
    Yeah, I think so -- a Springboard's much less likely to snap, just because it's bulkier.
    Originally posted by Fat_Man
    Sony seem to have solved the "stick-out-stick" problem by making the stick out part hinged.
    I don't think that solves the problem -- you still have to open it when inserting it into the reading device, and that's where the problems will show up.

Frankly, I'm very dubious about those concepts. A GPS screen about one centimeter on a side?!
    Besides copy protection encoding, what are the diffs between the reg. mem stick and the magic gate sticks
    white can play mp3 AND ATRAC3

purple can only play mp3
    Originally posted by shockwave869
    white can play mp3 AND ATRAC3

purple can only play mp3
    Is that all?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12