Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Well, I broke down and picked up my Clie from Comp USA. It runs faster than the Prism (Noticibly too - must be the graphics processor). But what I LOVE the most about it is the screen that you can read outdoors! Now I can use my PDA to it's full potential without having to be inside or make a "hand cave" over the screen...

    Now, as a mac user, I bought the markspace synch software which is a MUST if you want it to be fully integrated into your system.. So now that I have that working, I want to make the most of the rest of the features....

    MP3:
    Well, I use a ton of Sony products from digital cameras and camcorders to now the Clie and all use memory sticks. I have owned a MemoryStick reader for some time now and previously, I've only used it for the digital images.. Now I can use it for mp3's..

    But there's a problem. I'm having a problem getting the Clie to recognize the mp3's even if they are in the "correct" location. That is, PALM (Dir) -> PROGRAMS (Dir)->MSAudio (DIR) I think that's the path. Either way, it worked once but that was it.. All other attempts, I get an error saying that I don't have a memory stick in there. Go figure.

    Picture Gear:
    Okay well, I don't know how to do this with a mac. I have no idea what size those images of the baloon etc are and what "pdb" type they are.. I wish another program besides picture gear lite did this and on a MAC!! I currently am using FireViewer which is really cool because it reads memory sticks but I don't think the program takes advantage of the high resolution.


    If anyone has ANY tips... Bring em on so we can all take advantage of the Clie... esp if you can help me get both mp3 and picture viewing down to an art on a MAC.. But synching and everything (inc avant go and vindigo) are running flawlessly!


    Long live Palm Powered devices!
  2. #2  
    Thanks for the Mac perspective on the device - I am on the fence between it and the prism.

    I think your best case for the MP3 and image loading will be to buy a memory stick reader for the Mac, they are about $60.00 and they treat the memory stick just like any other desktop drive for file copying purposes. Probably pretty fast too..

    As I understand it the MarkSpace software basically only allows the palm desktop software to work correctly. I would be interested in knowing if it lets you see the memory stick as a system device like it does on windows.

    Keep us Mac users informed - I am purchasing next week and still need to make up my mind on this one!
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by MikeD
    . . . MP3:
    Well, I use a ton of Sony products from digital cameras and camcorders to now the Clie and all use memory sticks. I have owned a MemoryStick reader for some time now and previously, I've only used it for the digital images.. Now I can use it for mp3's..

    But there's a problem. I'm having a problem getting the Clie to recognize the mp3's even if they are in the "correct" location. That is, PALM (Dir) -> PROGRAMS (Dir)->MSAudio (DIR) I think that's the path. Either way, it worked once but that was it.. All other attempts, I get an error saying that I don't have a memory stick in there. Go figure.
    I had some issue where it didn't see mp3's on the memory stick. All I did was reset the device and it saw them. I got a feeling Sony will need to have a firmware update to remedy this disappear MP3 issue. Only happen twice, and haven't had a prob since.

    I have a PC and G4 Mac. I would love to sync my clie with my mac as well. Thanks for the info guy. I can't wait to see Palm desktop for OSX

    BTW: Congrats on your purchase. I too am very happy with the N710c.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by patwoods

    I think your best case for the MP3 and image loading will be to buy a memory stick reader for the Mac, they are about $60.00 and they treat the memory stick just like any other desktop drive for file copying purposes. Probably pretty fast too..

    As I understand it the MarkSpace software basically only allows the palm desktop software to work correctly. I would be interested in knowing if it lets you see the memory stick as a system device like it does on windows.

    Keep us Mac users informed - I am purchasing next week and still need to make up my mind on this one!
    I do have the memory stick reader!! It's Sony - Memory Stick Reader / Writer MSAC-US1. It's great! As for the MarkSpace drivers. It allows me to synch normally with the Clie and Palm Desktop and full use of all conduits as far as I know. For seeing the memory stick as a system device.. Well, I'm not sure about that but that's what I have the memory stick IO unit for.

    Now, the only thing I want in these things is to be able to launch applications from the memory sticks! In other words, full MemStick support when OS 4 comes out.
  5. #5  
    Check out the this PCMCIA reader. I wonder if it'll work in A Titanium mac.

    http://www.sonystyle.com/sonystyle/4...21/8069/916.fr
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Check out the this PCMCIA reader. I wonder if it'll work in A Titanium mac.

    http://www.sonystyle.com/sonystyle/4...21/8069/916.fr
    It should work. I used to have a PCMCIA adapter for my memory sticks to my Powerbook and they always mounted as PC disk images.

Posting Permissions