Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if we could start a list of "essential" CLIE software, to jumpstart anyone that might be purchasing a CLIE in the near future ().

For instance
    • What's the best mem stick auto-run program so far?
    • Red Mercury's 16bit test package would be essential to show off one's new toy.
    • Which color games look best?
    • Any third-party mem-stick file managers out there yet?

My list is ah, pretty short. Any contributions from 710 vets?
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Any contributions from 710 vets?
    Man, this market moves fast! It hasn't been out long enough to collect dust under the screen and already there are "710 vets"!
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    UTILITIES
    • MsMount
    • McFile
    • Parens - the best calculator
    • MegaLauncher
    • LaunchEm beta - I can't make up my mind
    • EasyView - backlight control without having to run a hack

APPS
    • Draw-It - Powerful & free
    • Mapopolis - the best map program
    • CityTime - I want a hi-res version
    • Palm Reader
    • MegaDoc
    • Project@Hand
    • Bonsai
    • Tide Tool - required for all scuba divers

GAMES
    • D&D character sheet - 3rd edition version
    • Cribbage - required on all my PDAs
    • Dope Wars - 'nuff said
    • Hearts
    • WOPR - the game that I am writing (slowly)

Please note that there are no hacks. I avoid them like the plague. If there is one that I can't live without, I will reluctantly install a hack manager.
    UTILITIES

McFile - An incredible file manager!!!
    McColors
    PixelTester
    FPS Utility Pro v4
    IrMonitor
    SilverScreen
    Crs-Launcher - A neat launcher that shows has an icredible small icon view. They are so tiny yet so sharp.
    Sixteen - Will make you right to Sony "Support 16 bit at OS level!!!"

APPS

MassTransit - Moves multiple names into a category simutaneously
    PalmPass - stores password
    Metro - Find the best subway route. Multiple city databases.
    Palm Reader
    AvantGo - Version 4.0 build 823 supports the jog wheel
    Vindigo
    Trekky - Get a synopsis on every Star Trek Next Generation episode. Includes a search tool.
    TikTok
    Drunk! Calculator- Know when you or your buds have had too much.

GAMES

Dope Wars
    Rally 1000 - Milburns Mile card game on the palm. Really good.
    Froggy
    Galax
    Domino!
    Archon
    ChessGenius
    Vexed 1.4 - Incredible puzzler that supports color
    PacMan
    Last edited by mikedemo; 06/11/2001 at 09:27 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    EasyView - backlight control without having to run a hack
    Will this run on a VDx? Is it at Palmgear, or elsewhere?
    Originally posted by jazzlover

Will this run on a VDx? Is it at Palmgear, or elsewhere?

Yes
    -Mikedemo
    Guys I just installed AlbumToGo on my Clie and it seems to partly work in the Higher resolution, making the older photos look better. 160x160 images now only take up quarter of the screen. Man is it sharp!!! Now all they need to do is allow the app to display images larger than 160x160.

You can get AlbumToGo here:

http://www.clubphoto.com/tools/atg.php
    -Mikedemo
  8. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Guys I just installed AlbumToGo on my Clie and it seems to partly work in the Higher resolution, making the older photos look better. 160x160 images now only take up quarter of the screen. Man is it sharp!!!
    That actually sounds like what happens with some of my games that don't work well with Hi-Res Assist on. (160x160 in the upper left corner or duplicated in upper left and upper right). Do you have hi-res assist on when you do this?
    Originally posted by Rob

That actually sounds like what happens with some of my games that don't work well with Hi-Res Assist on. (160x160 in the upper left corner or duplicated in upper left and upper right). Do you have hi-res assist on when you do this?
    Yes. Hires assist is on when it happens. If you want your photos to fill the screen you'll need to tell hires assist to ignore AlbumToGo. Try working with the app in both modes. It's a great way to see how much of a difference 320x320 makes.

I can't wait for clubphoto to fully support the N710c. Hopefully the'll put in the ability to read off of the memorystick.
    -Mikedemo
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    <snip> ...to collect dust under the screen...
    Now that's funny.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    Originally posted by bkbk

Now that's funny.
    Doesn't the M505 have that issue as well. I read a few posts about dust being under the M505 screen also.
    -Mikedemo
    I just insalled a copy of MGI's "PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer" which came with the M505 I owned for a short while. I even installed the demo video clip and was very impressed. It plays better on the Clie 710c than on the M505. On the M505 it looked like the people were moving in slow motion. The 710c played it back in real time. Now I must tell you that there was no audio attributed to the clip. As far as Photos. Are concerned. The M505 wins here (see I am fair )because the application only support 160x160 resolution. (Which means it is using 2 pixels instead of 1 per unit. Which means it will look just like any other Palm. So 16bit on M505 wins here. But trust me on this when it does support the Hi-res. 8bit 320x320 will always beat 16bit 160x160. (can't wait for OS4 update and get 16bit 320x320)

PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer also doesn't support the memorystick. But I am sure that can b remedied quickly because I hear the MMC/SD file system is very similar to the MemSticks.

My bet is AlbumToGo will get the hi-res support before PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer. AlbumToGo already shows how small the images at the actual 160x160 on a 320x320 screen. (You'll get a small but very sharp image in the corner.)

If you wanna show off your Clie, IMHO stick with PG Pocket until the others fully suport the Clie N710c.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 06/15/2001 at 04:47 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    Heres a surprise. TealMovie 1.7beta can read off the memorystick (cool) They've added a bunch more stuff that the Prism/M505 can take advantage of. check it out at . . .

http://www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm#tealmovie
    -Mikedemo
  14.    #14  
    Heres a surprise. TealMovie 1.7beta can read off the memorystick (cool) They've added a bunch more stuff that the Prism/M505 can take advantage of. check it out at . . .

http://www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm#tealmovie
    What is "gamma brightness" and does it override the "factory" (<--sheesh) brightness setting on the 505?
    Last edited by slotmachine; 06/16/2001 at 09:02 PM.
    Ok here is a great way to put that free 8MB MemoryStick to use. Download Blue Nomads "BackupBuddyVFS:Free". Its a limited version of BackupBuddy that only allows you to store and restore all of your internal ram from MS and SD/MMC. Basically it turns your MS into something like a Handspring Backup Module. The full version has a lot more features like being able to restore files you select. I think I might have found a work around that though (Thanks to McFile

The really neat thing about this (and its probably more because of the MS than the BackupBuddy) is that its blazing fast. How fast? Well on average my device will have 7.5 megs worth of data internally. I backed it all up in 26.81 seconds.

Though Blue Nomad states "Please note that BackupBuddyVFS currently does not work with the Sony Clie 700 series." I have tried it out and it works fine for me.

You can get this free gem at http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_details.html

I hope full support for the 700 series should be coming soon.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 06/17/2001 at 01:24 AM.
    -Mikedemo
  16.    #16  
    Ok here is a great way to put that free 8MB MemoryStick to use. Download Blue Nomads "BackupBuddyVFS:Free". Its a limited version of BackupBuddy that only allows you to store and restore all of your internal ram from MS and SD/MMC. Basically it turns your MS into something like a Handspring Backup Module. The full version has a lot more features like being able to restore files you select. I think I might have found a work around that though (Thanks to McFile

The really neat thing about this (and its probably more because of the MS than the BackupBuddy) is that its blazing fast. How fast? Well on average my device will have 7.5 megs worth of data internally. I backed it all up in 26.81 seconds.

Though Blue Nomad states "Please note that BackupBuddyVFS currently does not work with the Sony Clie 700 series." I have tried it out and it works fine for me.

You can get this free gem at http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_details.html

I hope full support for the 700 series should be coming soon.
    Can you schedule the backups?
    Originally posted by slotmachine

Can you schedule the backups?
    Yes. You can with the full version.
    -Mikedemo
    For those of you Clie 710/610 owners there are 2 more neat image viewers I have come across.

YiShow
    This program views standard ".bmp" and ".pcx" files off the MemoryStick. and man is it fast. You really get a sense for how powerful the graphics chip is in this device. Shift around large images blazingly fast.

PGviewer
    This app allows you to view PGPocket images much faster than the app that came with your clie. Plus it allows you to switch to the resolution. You'll get a sense of how it would look on an M505 with its resolution lowered to 160x160.

The Clie 710 is an awsome device. i am loving it more and more.
    -Mikedemo
    TealMovie 2.02 is out and I fully supports the VFS format of the MemorySticks. Now you can store tealmovie files on the MS and still view them. I think this version also works with the M505 SD/MMC cards
    -Mikedemo
  20.    #20  
    What kind of audio does Teal Movie support on the CLIE?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast