Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by robert sibell
    Nah, theres no need to answer them now since i own the clie 760. I just wish the headphones werent purple.
    You have a couple of options:

1. Sony sells headphones identical in style to the ones like your Clie. They just Sony on them. These are the ones mikedemo was talking about.

2. The Purple pieces on the headphones can be removed. Sony sells multiple colors. Kind of like Nokia and their faceplates. Not sure how expensive they are, but that should be cheaper than new headphones.

3. You could simply remove the Purple pieces and not replace them. This would be the cheapest option, but not the most attractive.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    yea, yea, but do they say "clie" on them?
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Well, uh no
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Mike, since you also have a sony clie, do you use silence? i do, but it doesnt seem to work on the clie, it did work on my visor though.
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Mike, since you also have a sony clie, do you use silence? i do, but it doesnt seem to work on the clie, it did work on my visor though.
    Silence? What do you mean? turn system sounds off?
    -Mikedemo
    "Silence" is an app that lets you specify times for when the pda automatically turns sound on or off. It also lets you quickly turn all sound on or off with a pen stroke.
    Okay, let me try this one more time.

The only thing that is actually removed is the purple piece. Not the white part that says Sony Clie. Please take a look at this link.

Sony

There are many different colors available, but this will give you an idea what I am talking about. No need to replace the entire headphones, just swap colors.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    LOLz. You guys are weird. I don't care that the headphones are purple, or pink by some people's eyes. They work, and that's what matters.

Hmm, Robert, you're telling me you bought the 760 for the MP3, otherwise you would have got the 610, and you don't have a pair of headphones!!! That's kinda, hmm, I dunno. If you want the MP3 function, you should be someone that wants music everywhere they go. Meaning, you probably already have an MP3 player, CD Player, MD Player, or all of them. But, its okay, I'm just blabing on, dont mind me.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    GSR13: ok, i understand know.

azncomputanerd: i L0VE MP3'S, i have about 80 of them on my computer. and a good mp3 player with 128 mb mem is quite expensive. and for another 100 dollars, you can get and exelent mps3 player with inifiteable memory. my only problem now is that i dont have enough $$ for a bigger mem stick than the one that came with the 760. i do have a cd player, but i usually only like a few songs on any one particular cd, and they are big. the mp3 player lets me costimize my own personal list of my favorites (Oldies).
    I still wish somebody would answer all those clie questions; I thought they were very appropriate, and was looking forward to the answers. Anybody?
    Does the picture viewer work like the handspring photoalbum?- yes, you install it, then it shows all the pictures you have in your computer or my documents folder, then all you do is double click on the photo you want.

And is the file mover app like FileMan? Does the filemover app let you make folders, and move data, or read only files?-it comes with MS Gate, it lets you see the read only files and data files. it lets you choose what folder to put it in the card. very simple, much like file mover(which has a review here). but if you have a full card, it takes a while for it to read everything.

And does MSMount work with the MS like pidirect works with the memplug? So with msmount, i could basically have something like 100mb of flash memory?- well, msmount hasent been very succesful with me. but i use launcehr lll, if you run an app in the "launcher folder" on the card, it will move the app to main memory then run it.

do you think more companies will be making acessories for the clie? Is their a keyboard for the clie yet? I really hope tt-tec makes a gamepad for the clie.- i emialed them

about the keyboard, and they said they should come out with one for the clie in 3-5 months. and they have a camera, modem, stylus, cases, and the normal stuff.

Do you think the screen could survive a fall of about 4 feet onto wood or concrete without a cover? well, with the flip cover on, it should make it. it seems pretty sturdy

Does the screen have that gritty feel like some visors do?- well, i gues it does have some gritty feeling on the graphity area. but with the high res, and os 4.1, it read my handwriting much better.

I hate the sony website formate, could someone post a link to their patches and updates page? their is no updates for the 760,

Is the IR port any stonger/weaker compared to the visor (like 8ft)?- well, i could only go 2-3 ft until the clie wouldnt reach the visor when playing a game.

Are you able to bend the clie if you wanted too?no, its about the width of the visor, but much stronger

Is the reset button and resets(hard, soft, system) the same?yes

Does the stylus unscrew to find a reset pin?yes, but there is no screwdriver

Is the casing made of metal or plastic, and is the metal the color or is it just painted?- it seems like a plasticy metal, or very strong plastic. the paint seems to be very good, and the buttons are metal, but i dont know if the paint is in the meta, it looks like it.

Could i just do a complete backup of my visor2mb to my desktop, could i reinstall everything directly to the clie? Taking i turned off hacks?-no, this is a new desktop, you will need to reinstall apps you had in the backup folder. as for the date book, address book, etc. you'll need to install their pdb. names.

Also, is the screen viewable indoors and out?-great visibility indoors and out.

Do you need to turn on the backlight-most of the time, yes. the sad part is how fast the batteries drain then.

? Are you able to see individual pixels?-nope, unless using a bad program.

Does it have an internall rechargeable battery?-yes

If so, how long does it take to recharge it?- it says 4 hours

Is the speaker lounder than the visor?-yes, greatly louder

Am i correct that you can listen to music from games through the head jack, but not the speaker?-you are correct

How many fonts are there built-in?i think 4, but there are opimized for high res

Is graffity recognization any better than OS3.1?yes, it seems to read me better

How fast are you able to overclock it before it goes crazy?-only 37mhz, because its not registered

Are there anythings better about the visor2mb compared to the clie 610?- not that i can think of, well, the visor has advanced datebook.

With a full 100mb MS, is the clie's speed slowed any? Because with my 16mb modual it takes like 4 seconds to load the launcher.- if you use the normal luancher, yes, that is why i use launcher lll that lets you shoose for it to look for apps everytime or not.

If you sat down with the clie in your pocket, could the clie bend and crack in half, or would you feel is riping your pocket?- it is pretty sturdy, although if you tried, the screen would crack

What is the difference between the 8mb ram and 4mb dram?well, 8mb ram, and 4mn flash, so you can upgrade it.

hope that helps. funny, that i answered my old questions.
    Great . . .now I don't have to.

Glad you like your Clie. Enjoy.

BTW: You could always spray paint the headphones
    -Mikedemo
    mike, i remember reading somewhere the clie comes with software that lets you put pictures in adress book entries. is this true? can you help me on how to do this then?

thanks
    You should try zap2016. It is amazingly SLOW on my clie, i emailed astraware and they said if the program cant figure out what handheld is being used, it will use standerd old settings. they said they are working on this.
    hope its almost done!
    ok i understand about the picture thing, but how do i get the picture? it says it cant find any images. i dont know where it looks for the pictures, so i have no clue, any help would be apprciated.
    It can only use photos in RAM not photos stored on MS.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Great answers to good questions. Thanks!
    Originally posted by Jupe
    It can only use photos in RAM not photos stored on MS.
    ditto
    -Mikedemo
    well, that makes the photo's almost usless.
    Ok you gotta see it to believe it. This app called Despart has some neat visualizations. And it support hi-res.

http://www2.tky.3web.ne.jp/~hisa02/p...rt/dispart.htm
    -Mikedemo
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast