Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    What kind of audio does Teal Movie support on the CLIE?
    Teal Movie 2.02 supports the clie much better. The audio can now play through the headphones. There's still an issue with the sound disappearing for a moment at times. but it is much better than the last version of Teal Movie. I read that it also supports playback of ".wav" files.

I just can't wait 'till TealPoint taps directly in to the graphics chip an produce smooth playing hires video.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  2.    #22  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    I just can't wait 'till TealPoint taps directly in to the graphics chip an produce smooth playing hires video.
    That's right down your alley. You've got to make somee cool animations for us!
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    I just got a copy of Vexed 1.5 beta. It is looking good. The graphics are still 2D but have a much more polished look. Looks the best on the Prism and IIIc, but is still hot on the 710c/610c, and the M505.

*prays for hires support
    -Mikedemo
    I got a preview of what apps 710 users should get when the Palm OS 4.0 update is realased by Sony. Apparently some 610 users in my Clie user group posted the apps . . . so I d/l them because i was so anxious to see the improvements.

PGPocket 2.0 and PhotoStand 1.0.

Both apps come with the 610C but work on the 710c just as well except the 710 doesn't support 16bit color just yet.

PGPocket 2.0 is much faster with the previews which makes it a pleasure to work with now. Enriched with magnification options, import/export features, a beaming option and better file mamnagement features makes this definatley a better incarnation of the application than the previous version.

PhotoStand compliments PGPocket by turning the Clie into a digital picture frame. You can select a transition and timing of slides and save the groupings of your slide shows so you could set up a nature show and pick only the nature shots that you have. Not a bad duo but I tend think that all of those features could have been in one application.

PGPocket is now up to par with PhotoSuite in my opinion and beats it in display support. PGPocket supports 320x320 resolution.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 08/10/2001 at 04:08 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    GMovie 2.01 is out. But I don't see differece between it and 1.21. Anybody know?
    -Mikedemo
  6.    #26  
    This might be a good little "cool factor" app. It supports hi-res.
    ooo ooo looks like fun. I'm gonna give it a whirl soon.
    -Mikedemo
  8.    #28  
    Heads-up all you N-heads out there! Red Mercury has just released Atom Smash 2.0 , with hi-res support for the N-series.
    Last edited by slotmachine; 09/10/2001 at 12:22 PM.
    Heads-up all you N-heads out there! Red Mercury has just released Atom Smash 2.0 , with hi-res support for the N-series.

I just saw the screen shots and love it. I hope theres a demo version I can download. If I like it enough, I'll buy today!!

Now if Ababll supported Hi-res. That would be a definate sell. That game is Game boy advance quality at low res even.

Slot have you tried Ababall on you M505?
    Last edited by mikedemo; 09/10/2001 at 12:34 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    Ok I just played AtomSmash and can say it is an excellent game. I am majorly impressed with its hi-res support. But was also impressed with the sound as well. Could the clie have another hidden surprise or did these guys work miracles with the Palm devices sound.

If this keeps up, watch out Gameboy.
    -Mikedemo
  11.    #31  
    MD,

I tried AbaBall, but the colors were a little too subtle for the 505's display (I know, I know..) I'm going to check out Atom Smash right now. I'm curious about those new sounds you heard.
    MD,

I tried AbaBall, but the colors were a little too subtle for the 505's display (I know, I know..) I'm going to check out Atom Smash right now. I'm curious about those new sounds you heard.
    Ababall looks so awesome on the prism. It looks great on the Clie too, but the prism is so vivid.

I also se a big and I mean big difference in AtomSmash running Low res and Hi-res. And i am certain that the clie has some improved sound capabilities. The game sounded way better than when i played it on the Prism. Sony is impressing me more and more.
    -Mikedemo
    QUESTIONS ON SONY CLIE 610C

I am curiose about the apps included with the Clie. Does the picture viewer work like the handspring photoalbum? I mean does it convert as easily? And is the file mover app like FileMan? Does the filemover app let you make folders, and move data, or read only files? And does MSMount work with the MS like pidirect works with the memplug? So with msmount, i could basically have something like 100mb of flash memory?
    Only a few more left. do you think more companies will be making acessories for the clie? Is their a keyboard for the clie yet? I really hope tt-tec makes a gamepad for the clie.
    Ok, these will be the last Q's. Do you think the screen could survive a fall of about 4 feet onto wood or concrete without a cover? Does the screen have that gritty feel like some visors do? I hate the sony website formate, could someone post a link to their patches and updates page? Is the IR port any stonger/weaker compared to the visor (like 8ft)? Are you able to bend the clie if you wanted too? Is the reset button and resets(hard, soft, system) the same? Does the stylus unscrew to find a reset pin? Is the casing made of metal or plastic, and is the metal the color or is it just painted?
    Could i just do a complete backup of my visor2mb to my desktop, could i reinstall everything directly to the clie? Taking i turned off hacks?
    Anymore help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, is the screen viewable indoors and out? Do you need to turn on the backlight? Are you able to see individual pixels? Does it have an internall rechargeable battery? If so, how long does it take to recharge it? Is the speaker lounder than the visor? Am i correct that you can listen to music from games through the head jack, but not the speaker? How many fonts are there built-in? Is graffity recognization any better than OS3.1? How fast are you able to overclock it before it goes crazy? Are there anythings better about the visor2mb compared to the clie 610? With a full 100mb MS, is the clie's speed slowed any? Because with my 16mb modual it takes like 4 seconds to load the launcher. If you sat down with the clie in your pocket, could the clie bend and crack in half, or would you feel is riping your pocket? What is the difference between the 8mb ram and 4mb dram?

Ok, i think i said everything i can think of. I know this is a large collection of questions, but i know nothing much of the clie because of the confusing website(well, confusing for me at least). So if you answered in numbers i could understand.
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    mikedemo, can you please drop your CLIE 6 feet onto a concrete floor so that you can answer Robert's questions?

Scott
    yes, please do. that one's been bugging me for some time
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Originally posted by robert sibell
    QUESTIONS ON SONY CLIE 610C

I am curiose about the apps included with the Clie. Does the picture viewer work like the handspring photoalbum? I mean does it convert as easily?
    I'll answer all of them over time.

Picture viewer is very easy to use. It is very much like Photoalbum but has better functionality than the handspring Photoalbum. For example you can preview the images in PictureGear before you send them to your Clie. The program also creates an slide sorter view of all the images within a folder.

There is no question that Picture Gear is better than Photoalbum.

-to be continued
    -Mikedemo
    Nah, theres no need to answer them now since i own the clie 760. I just wish the headphones werent purple.
    There are many different colors. Look in the music stores around your way or in the mall. They just won't have Clie written on them.
    -Mikedemo
    Well, im NOT that stupid, i know you can buy other headphones. But i liked the style they were, and i have no cash until christmas now.
    Originally posted by robert sibell
    Well, im NOT that stupid, i know you can buy other headphones. But i liked the style they were, and i have no cash until christmas now.
    The ones i am talking about are styled the same.
    -Mikedemo
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast