Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am really considering this switch. I have no knowledge of WM apps. I would really like to know if WM has these functions built in, or what 3rd party apps anyone could suggest to replace these:

-Splash Money (need a register and ability to download transactions from Suntrust)
    -Splash ID
    -Call Block
    -4Cast
    -Resco Backup

Also, are there equivilents to these Preference Panel items:

-Profiles
    -ShortCut5

Anything else that the Palm OS does that WM will not out of the box that I need to know about?

Thanks in advance.
    I just switched from a treo 700p to a sprint mogul with much trepidation. I was a long time palm fan.

But in the last 2 weeks, I have been very very happy with the switch. I cant answer your questions regarding those particular apps, but in the 2 that I have used so far, slingbox works much better with windows than it does with palm. Much easier to navigate channels and screens. And as a Sirius subscriber it was impossible to listen on Palm but on Windows I have been enjoying the music and Howard Stern.

I did feel guilty for enjoying it so much since I owned a palm 3, treo 600, 650 and 700p, but honestly, I am not looking back now.

As far as the one handed operation, it might not be as easy as a palm, but I have figured out how to use it one handed pretty well.

Good luck with the switch.
    There are comparable programs for ID, 4Cast and Resco - but I am not sure on the functionality of Splash Money. I have not looked lately at a Call Block program, but I believe there are some out there.

However, I think one of the primary things you will deal with it the one-handed/kb layout. I had a T650, then went to a Q, then tried a Mogul for a few weeks. I went back to my Q. I really thought I wanted that spacious kb on the Mogul (and it is nice), but in the end I found I was really a "kb on-top" kind of guy! But, you should probably get one and test it out - you have 30 days to return it. I am glad I did.