1.    #1  
    Well, I've had to switch from my 680 to a Blackjack II. The charging port on my 680 died (or at least thats what we're thinking) and unfortunately, I dont think that I have a warranty on it since I got it directly from palm right after they were released, so even if there was a 1 year warranty or something, I think I'm screwed. Luckily, I was only 3 days away from the end of my contract so I was able to upgrade for only $99 (after the mail in rebate of course)

I know absolutely nothing about WM so could definately use any advice you feel like sharing as too the OS, programs you like, etc. Is there anything similar to datebk for wm6? or 2day? So far I like the way the phone feels, but I'm having a hard time getting used to the OS and not having a touch screen. I've used palm for so long i keep trying to tap on things lol.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Check out Paprys and Agendus as replacements.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'd never heard of Paprys and didn't know Agendus had a WM version (my friend uses it on her 680) -- I'll check em out :-)
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Congrats on your new device. I took the plunge on the Tilt after nearly ten years of PalmOS. Two weeks in and I've decided I'm definitely keeping it. I've ordered my MicroSD and started the long process of shopping for replacement software. Being brand new to WM, it can be confusing and potentially expensive. My first quest is one of the improved UI/launcher/today screen apps. I've looked into PointUI, Spb, SBSK but I could really use some experienced feed back. Babydol, one of these might be the Datebook replacement you are looking for. I used datebook6 and loved it. Z-Launcher made everything so easy.

McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    If its within a year Palm with give you warrenty support for the 680. I got my 650 directly from Palm and they replaced it twiced for me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    So what do you think of the BJ II thus far? Have you adjusted to the new operating system, new navigation, speed of the device? What would you say are the pros and cons versus what you're used to (Treo).
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Good question, some feedback of BJ vs Palm would be fantastic !!! I too consider jumping ship after a 650 and now 680.
    ~* Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    Well, I've had to switch from my 680 to a Blackjack II. The charging port on my 680 died (or at least thats what we're thinking) and unfortunately, I dont think that I have a warranty on it since I got it directly from palm right after they were released, so even if there was a 1 year warranty or something, I think I'm screwed. Luckily, I was only 3 days away from the end of my contract so I was able to upgrade for only $99 (after the mail in rebate of course)

I know absolutely nothing about WM so could definately use any advice you feel like sharing as too the OS, programs you like, etc. Is there anything similar to datebk for wm6? or 2day? So far I like the way the phone feels, but I'm having a hard time getting used to the OS and not having a touch screen. I've used palm for so long i keep trying to tap on things lol.
    Is the Samsung 780 coming out that does run win mobile professional with a touch screen? If so this unit would be real competition for the Treo 800W. Just saw a video of the phone. Tried the Motorola Q H (the new one for Sprint and I would get the Q if it was a touchscreen. The Q is quite smart, even the caculator. The I-780 will be keen competition for the Windows Treo 800W
    Last edited by Gas Man; 01/17/2008 at 03:48 PM.
  10.    #10  
    I actually ended up taking the blackjack back after about a week. No matter how much I tried to get used to it, I couldn't adjust to WM. A lot of it was that i'm so used to having a touch screenMy husband managed to fix my treo.

I liked the blackjack, but just couldn't get adjusted to it. My husband managed to fix my treo, so i'm back to using it.