View Poll Results: What slots will be included in Handspring's new device?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just SpringBoard

15 45.45%
  • SD/MMC

9 27.27%
  • CF

3 9.09%
  • SD/MMC and CF

6 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    This is one of those great discussions where everybody is right (especially me) and everybody is wrong (except me).
    Yeah, heads you win, tails we lose!
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Originally posted by ThirdMan
    Allow me to interrupt this otherwise intelligent discussion with a bit of low-brow humor:
    http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/d...df20010608.jpg
    Please forgive me...
    This was so funny I burst out laughing here at work -- nobody else gets the joke! I'm a certified geek!
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    I voted for Springboard only. I don't think Handspring can afford to recognize any standard but springboard for right now. Also, the next device (we're assuming) will be a color Edge w/ possibly wireless built in (bluetooth or 802.11). That's plenty of innovations for one device. That would explain their desire to move Edges through the pipe with the $100 trade-in program.

That's not neccesarily the way I want it, but that's what I think it will be.
    Last edited by Vinny; 06/09/2001 at 12:46 AM.
    -Vincent
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    I don't see any incentive on Handspring's part to include anything other than the Springboard slot.
    They will do it before I will buy an edge, color or otherwise. What good is the thin form if you need a sled to add memory. I expect add-on hardware to be bulky, but not add-on memory.

Also, the potential for an expanded hardware/additional memory combo or simultaneous dual-hardware expansion (wireless network + upc scanner comes to mind) would be awesome as sd hardware becomes available.
    Last edited by jeffbeerman2; 06/11/2001 at 09:41 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12