1.    #1  
    I'm looking at picking one of these phones up, (something to mess round with). They seem pretty cheap right now.

What has been the experience with them,if anyone has had one.

Thanks
    Is that AKA the Ming? I have one and it's OK. No EDGE or 3G, just GPRS/GSM, is one reason why I may get rid of it. Another reason is the onscreen keyboard is OK, but small. You may have to use your stylus all the time if you have bigger fingers. Plus be careful of pre-selected Chinese menus. I had to look on a Moto modding message board to find out to change the MSN app to English because the default is Chinese.

Also, Motorola phones are never as easy to mod as other models(SEEM editing for the most part), but if you know what you're doing you CAN add EDGE, but it sounds complicated.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    K thx. i'm looking for a phone to use on the days when I don't want to use the Treo.
    I have narrowed my search to the
    Moto A1200
    Qool QDA-700
    Nokia Nseries of some sort
    Maybe a Treo 750
    The battery back up of moto a1200(ming) needs to be checked as its having a less backup i suppose
  5.    #5  
    I have used Nokias. Not impressed with Productivity vs Treo especially with how many handsets the sell.
    It's not designed as a smartphone. Plus target the Chinese market...do you know Chinese?
  7.    #7  
    enough to get by, yes. A1200 no thanks, used one for a week
    Didn't listen to my warning huh, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #9  
    It was too inviting. :P
    I had a feeling you'd hate it due to the small onscreen keypad.

11.    #11  
    You would be right. u Got PM