1.    #1  
    From GIZMODO

U-G-L-Y - Kinda like the Hummer of the PDA world - futuristic in a bad way. But it is running the "Android" OS...
    Interesting. It's very linear looking/square/slab looking. I'm still not really sure what it brings to the table, so to speak, over WM/Palm/Symbian/RIM so far though.

So far it gets an "eh".

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Gizmodo has termed it "gorgeous" (at least the snapshot)
    Well it's a prototype. Probably not how the final product will look. People won't run in droves to a device that looks like that. And I'm sure they know that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The white version of the same phone looks definitely better.
    I think it looks OK. I hope in Android there are plans to use that lovely but seemingly wasted screen space on top for something.

Surur
    The most striking aspect (and one that nobody complained about, yet) is the Treo form factor (a bit wider, maybe) and the complete absence of the "slider" or "flip." Maybe these will come later. Come to think of it, it's not there in the iPoo either.
    This is supposed to be sold to the general public, right? They'll need to streamline it and make it look "sexy" for the general public. It looks too much like a geek device in the prototype. I'm sorry, but I agree with the OP who says it's not that good looking. Even if you don't like the iPhone, it will KILL this device through mainstreamers, as it looks now! Even if the Android ends up more functional, if it looks this geeky in the final device, mainstream people won't buy it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What's your opinion on this? Found on HoFo.

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news...oid_opensource

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    The white version of the same phone looks definitely better.
    That made me LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    This is supposed to be sold to the general public, right? They'll need to streamline it and make it look "sexy" for the general public. It looks too much like a geek device in the prototype. I'm sorry, but I agree with the OP who says it's not that good looking. Even if you don't like the iPhone, it will KILL this device through mainstreamers, as it looks now! Even if the Android ends up more functional, if it looks this geeky in the final device, mainstream people won't buy it.
    This IS a "geek" prototype right now - I am sure Android will come in MANY flavors down the road. You'll have you chance to be "assimilated" in your choice of devices!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What's your opinion on this? Found on HoFo.

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news...oid_opensource
    "Do no evil" will end up being the biggest contradiction in corporate motto history, IMHO. I don't trust Google any more than I do any other capitalistic company in a free economy.
    I'd like to see the HTC prototype. Although they can be plain looking too sometimes. Motorola can go either way. The phones they don't sell on a regular basis in the US look much better , but ones they do sell here are not exciting for the most part IMO.

More interesting articles if you haven't seen them before:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,139293/article.html

http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/05/gph...05gphone2.html
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 12/18/2007 at 10:11 AM.

Who cares what the phone looks like, the OS is the ONLY important part of it right now. It's just a prototype, better looking phones will follow.

I am surprised that they went the WM route with their design instead of the iPhone route. Shows who they are really going after first...
    HTC is going after themselves?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Who cares what the phone looks like, the OS is the ONLY important part of it right now. It's just a prototype, better looking phones will follow.

I am surprised that they went the WM route with their design instead of the iPhone route. Shows who they are really going after first...

Sure, but they have to get the whole package together before selling it. But we have until the end of 2008 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    HTC is going after themselves?

Surur
    I'm talking about the OS not the phone. That should have been obvious:

As I stated, who cares what the phone looks like right now? (That was the first sentence of my post you know)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    I'm talking about the OS not the phone. That should have been obvious:

As I stated, who cares what the phone looks like right now? (That was the first sentence of my post you know)
    I know what you mean, but I'm sure you also know HTC is like 70% of the WM market. However they may very well find people use them for the OS, not the brand. By directly going after the WM marketshare they may find they lose that market. e.g. suppose the next Dash form factor is only available from HTC with Android, they may find they do not convert WM users to Android, but lose them to Samsung.

Surur