1.    #1  
    how to transfer ringtones, bookmarks, contacts, memos, calendar to blackberry pearl from treo?
    Use outlook. It will sync to the blackberry fine.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  3.    #3  
    I do not want to use outlook. is there another way? what about ringtones, webpage bookmarks?
    Well there might be another way but I don't think so. Ringtones you can just import to the sd card and be fine.as far as outlook I don't like it neither but that seemed a lot better then entering them manually and I just used that method because that's what I did when I switched to wm and it worked the same on the bb. The good thing is that when you do get your contacts and such over you don't have to sync with outlook anymore because the desktop manager backs up without the need for outlook or outlook express. As far as bookmarks you can either enter them in manually or if you have opera on your pc and treo then set them 2 up to sync together then all you have to do with the bb is install opera mini and sync it with your desktop opera and voila you got your bookmarks. Hope this helps. Let me know. And by the way the bb is very easy to get used to so you will be fine with the os in no time. The hardest part for me is that they don't support sd card backup which saved me plenty with the 700p.but the bb doesn't seem to have them problems so all and all I'm calm and loving the bb. I went with the 8830.
  5.    #5  
    thanks donric! maybe I will just use outlook for the initial sync. what do you mean import to sd card? the ringtones are saved as .prc file which is for treos only. any way to separate them all as .midi files?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Treoneo -

great to see you finally have it. what are your initial thoughts? the quality is very nice to me.
  7.    #7  
    oh don't have it yet. it was shipped today I think. I am so excited! but how do I get my ringtones from treo to bb??
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    thanks donric! maybe I will just use outlook for the initial sync. what do you mean import to sd card? the ringtones are saved as .prc file which is for treos only. any way to separate them all as .midi files?
    ok i see what you mean. sorry i don't think it's possible. i was under the impression you were talking about mp3s that were used from sd with ringo or any of the other apps.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Treoneo -

I don't have the answer for ringtones, but have you seared blackberryforums.com? There are a lot of former Treo users over there.
  10.    #10  
    yeah I did but no response yet.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    If the ringtones are MP3 you can email them to the BB and load them that way. Works like a champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by eShawPM View Post
    If the ringtones are MP3 you can email them to the BB and load them that way. Works like a champ!
    he did state that the ringtones are a prc file.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I have been using Agendus on the 700P and will be switching to the 8830 in a couple of weeks. My company uses Lotus Notes instead of Outlook so I'm hoping there will be a conduit I can possibly use Outlook just to get them into the BB8830. I'll miss the 700P but I have to admit I'm kind of excited about the new device.