Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have used three different handhelds:

My first, the IIIx, the screen felt solid and I never had a scratch without ever using a screen protector (owned for 6 months before it was stolen, the thief got it in like-new condition). Good contrast. I have no idea what it is made from.

My current handheld is a visor deluxe. The first thing I noticed about the visor was the loose-soft feel of the top layer of the screen. Within two weeks I had deep scratches in the screen from the combo of the useless snap-on-cover, soft screen, and absolutly horrible stylus. The visor could not recognize 4 of 5 grafitti characters with the scratches in place. A screen protector fixed this and it still works 14+ months later, but the visor looks pretty battered. The visor deluxe screen and contrast is of the worst I have seen on a III or higher series palm.

I bought an m100 for a friend's daughter. Her screen had good contrast and a gold rather than green tint. Even with the plastic screen, it felt more solid than the glass visor. I know of at least one really big drop to cement which it survived. The smaller screen/os 3.5 combo made the images look much sharper than the visor.

In my opinion, all handhelds should have a plastic screen. If handspring wasn't so lazy and cheap, my visor screen wouldn't have looked a year old after two days. Judging by the design of the deluxe, glass must have been cheaper and easier than anything else or they would not have chosen it.
    Well.. when my Edge screen cracked, it sure cracked like glass.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12