1.    #1  
    Today we're wrapping up the Smartphone Round Robin for good. Well, except for my own personal “bonus round” with the Nokia N95 ...and a later “which smartphone is right for me?” article at the main Round Robin site ...and we'll also be on the Mobile Computing Authority podcast next week. ...and we'll do it again next year with new devices. So though we ARE wrapping it up today by announcing winners(!), the truth is that the Spirit of the Round Robin will live on forever in all of us. *Gag*.

So here's the deal: At each of the four participating sites (WMExperts.com, PhoneDifferent.com, CrackBerry.com, and TreoCentral.com) you'll find the **winners** of the Smartphone Round Robin Contest announced, plus a wrap-up article about each platform with some closing thoughts from the editors.

So - after the break you'll get tasty, bite-sized verdicts on Windows Mobile from my compatriots plus my own thoughts on their thoughts - a Round Robin Roundup. And then you can post your thoughts on my thoughts on their thoughts, but I know that you know that they know that I know what we all know: Windows Mobile is still my favorite.

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma...n_the_ver.html
    hey RickMG - no pressure, man. Seriously, though, it's too bad the 800w isn't out yet. Take a look at the Q9c.

Whatever you pick, that editor is going to be crowing about it for the entire year.

No pressure at all!
    Someone said that what I had to say about Windows Mobile was vicious, which isn't my intent at all. The comparison to Windows 95 isn't meant to be a dig. Windows 95 was one of the most successful OS launches of all time. Windows 95 put Microsoft in the history books. It had warts, to be sure, but it was ultimately ridiculously successful.

Windows Mobile has the power of a desktop computer, but it's not as refined as the versions of desktop Windows the world uses today. When I gripe about usability, I'm griping about the learning curve to use it. You can learn to use Windows Mobile incredibly effectively, but you definitely can't learn it in a short period of time. It will take dedication. You will have to want it. It requires study, but you can definitely reap rewards from it.

It might be that the software for Windows Mobile is ahead of the hardware we have to run it. It becomes easier to use with a big screen, fast processor, and more RAM. The interface choices Microsoft made would make more sense at 320x480.

I'm still looking forward to Photon or whatever they're calling WM7 nowadays.

WOW!!! I don't know what to say. When and how do I make my choice? These were all such great phones.

Thanks guys, and great contest.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    hey RickMG - no pressure, man. Seriously, though, it's too bad the 800w isn't out yet. Take a look at the Q9c.

Whatever you pick, that editor is going to be crowing about it for the entire year.

No pressure at all!
    No pressure huh?

After checking out almost all the phones, I think I'm going to try the Mogul. I'm worried about the sliding keyboard and WM, but I really like the wifi, 2 mp camera with flash, and most of all, still having a touch screen. Going to stay with Sprint, so somewhat limited, and will have my 755 if I don't like it. Now, can't wait for the email.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Congrats RickMG, I kinda ate my own words on that one lol, it was your reply to MY post that won lmao!! Enjoy your new Phone, whatever you decide on
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Congrats RickMG, I kinda ate my own words on that one lol, it was your reply to MY post that won lmao!! Enjoy your new Phone, whatever you decide on
    Thanks, I was thinking about that too when I saw you were one of the winners. Congrats to you and the other two as well.
    Oh HOHO! Mogul!

Boo-YAH! (unless you change your mind)

The Round Robin isn't supposed to have a "winner," but...
    I hope you enjoy the Mogul RickMG! It sounds like a really sweet device! Congrats again!
    Wooohoooo!!!!
    Great contest and thanks for the Christmas bonus
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    I hope you enjoy the Mogul RickMG! It sounds like a really sweet device! Congrats again!
    A big thank you, I am looking forward to trying it out.
    Relieved of the burden of choosing a phone--IOW, I didn't win --just for fun I read between the lines to score the phones based on the reviews:

iPhone ... 11
    Curve ... 10
    Treo ... 10
    Tilt ... 9

Practically a 4-way tie. The winner's choice of a WM model appears based on the carrier as much as the phone; I might have done the same (power is seductive) seeing as I already have a Treo and can't use either the iPhone or the Curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Relieved of the burden of choosing a phone--IOW, I didn't win --just for fun I read between the lines to score the phones based on the reviews:

iPhone ... 11
    Curve ... 10
    Treo ... 10
    Tilt ... 9

Practically a 4-way tie. The winner's choice of a WM model appears based on the carrier as much as the phone; I might have done the same (power is seductive) seeing as I already have a Treo and can't use either the iPhone or the Curve.
    Well, considering my decision...I hate seeing your score above. And your reasoning as to why I got what I did, you're exactly right. The only thing is, I could've gotten any of them and sold it on ebay as I already have a fairly new (4 month old) 755 that I LOVE and I just bought my wife a new Centro which she loves. I've decided I'm going to use the Mogul and keep the 755 as a spare in case something happens to either of our other phones (even though I will have the insurance). What helped me make up my mind are some big things that had to do with the round robin thread. First, I couldn't have a blackberry because I don't really like using them and I also really like a touch screen. I don't want an iphone because I'm not going to give up the EVDO that I've gotten used to the few months I've had the 755. I like a qwerty keyboard but do have no problem with the iphones keys and it's easy to use and I like the size and features. So it boiled down to the speed of the internet along with the amount of programs I have with the 755. I do wish that the POS phone that was passed around with the round robin would've been a 755, I think it would've been liked more than the 680.

It came down to a lot of things, but mostly I want to try WM after reading the round robin threads and thinking it is the most versatile of all the smartphones out there and I'm really worried about POS, even though I still think it's way ahead of it's time with everything but multi-tasking, I think these recent layoffs could spell the end of the operating system. And, last but not least, I think the Mogul offers the most bang of any of the other phones.
    Last edited by RickMG; 12/14/2007 at 12:12 AM.
    This post will please dieter, in a way at least...but if I HAD of won, I was stuck between a BlackBerry 8310 or a WinMob device (possibly the Tilt since I'm GSM) lol